The Worse way to Cut Weight

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

mma
    Post subject: The Worse way to Cut Weight PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:54 pm

http://www.fightergirls.com

Say you’re 4-5 pounds overweight even after working out for hours in double sweats. I tried this for a tournament I went to, it worked pretty good. You lose about 3lbs of water on average. The recipe for ringing a bunch of water out of your system is as follows:

5 bottles of Wintergreen Alcohol
    1 gallon of Epsom Salts
    A bathtub full of the absolute hottest water you can stand
    Mix and soak for at least 45 mins

Its hell. It feels absolutely horrible. You’re sitting there sweating, your hearts pumping, your arms are falling asleep, might even be potentially dangerous. If you’re still not at weight, you could always chew starburst (the really sour kind) and spit it.

The things we fighters do to make weight.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:11 pm

or you can just cheat at just about every sub grappling weigh in.

Just let your heels hang over the edge of the scale and let them hang down a little. It will take off at least a couple pounds from a digital scale. I’ve never seen anyone checking peoples feet at any comp i’ve been to.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:59 am

haha or you could just keep taking clothes off till you make weight… could make for an interesting weigh in. I’m guessing no one’s gonna be looking at the numbers on the scale. 😈

ok that was a joke… do not try this at home…

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:47 am

I’ve had to weigh in naked before. I think only people with wieners do that though.

Interestingly enough, Girls arent allowed to weigh in naked in international wrestling. They get an extra 200 grams to compesate for the clothing they weigh in with.

and that scale trick works, I swear.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:17 pm

Quote:
    Interestingly enough, Girls arent allowed to weigh in naked in international wrestling.

Understandable, I hear guys at the gym talking about how hot it is to watch the girls weigh in in their “bra and panties”… great… I’m like, “When/if I fight, you are NOT coming to the weigh in…”

But I have to say I do like watching the guys weigh in so I can’t blame them. 😈

mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:35 am

I’ve weighed in naked before. They just have you go in a seperate room with a female attendant.

Hey, thanx for the scale trick. I weigh 160, and I made 154 with it!

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:10 am

dont give the fanboys something to drool over…. Now they’ll never leave you alone. 😉

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:34 am

dl_angel wrote:
    haha or you could just keep taking clothes off till you make weight… could make for an interesting weigh in.

When I went to a BJJ tournament in Indianapolis, back in June, I showed up for the weigh-ins the night before. Professor Caique was there and running the show. I signed in and they told me to step on the scale. I then proceeded to unbutton my 501s when Caique said, “What are you doing?!” I told him that there was no possible way I would make light-heavy if i had to keep my jeans on. My wife said to him, “What’s wrong? I’m sure that you’ve seen a man in his underwear before.” He replied, “Yes, but I don’t have to like it? Keep your pants on.” I then proceeded to take my shoes, socks, shirt, watch, and wedding ring off and he said, “You are serious, aren’t you?” I said, “I don’t think you realize how close this is going to be?” I jumped up on the scale and…VOILA!…I didn’t make it. I turned around and look and Professor Caique and he sighed, dropped his shoulders and head, rolled his eyes, and said in a crestfallen manner, “Go ahead, lose the pants.” I dropped ’em an made the weight I wanted. Woo Hoo!

It was a great experience. That was the first time I had met Professor Caique and he seemed to have a great sense of humor.

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:29 am
    Pro Fighter

lOL I love Prfesor Caique..I’ve only met hima few times and I thought he was hilarious.

jules

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:28 am

I remember telling Maura as we left, “Let’s see, handsome, charming, accent…I bet he has had no problems with picking up the ladies.” 🙄

Samurai girl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:08 pm

Quote:
    The things we fighters do to make weight.

I have a friend who is an amateur boxer, he says he drinks lemon juice and then either does a 8 mile run or 30 minutes skipping wearing; a t-shirt, black bag, a second t-shirt and a hoody. ❗

mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:08 pm

yeah, double sweats are hell, especially when you’re rolling full speed in a small room with two heaters.

After starting martial arts however, i have found one thing mightier than double sweats…

a Gi!

skiistari
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:20 pm

amen, I soak mine through every time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?