This one’s for the calendar!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Bjj nerd
    Post subject: This one’s for the calendar!!PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:36 pm

It’s time to put some events on this bad boy!! 😀 I know for a fact there are some good, notorious B-I-G Bjj tournaments that are coming up. To those who can put the events on the calendar:
    For the weekend of April 3rd we have the Bjj Pan Ams in southern CA. Rumor has it there are SO many competitors that they are going to have to start the tournament on Fri April 2. Who wants to bet it will be women and children first!!! 🙄
    Moving on: the United Gracie Open is going to be happening up in my neck of the woods… May 8that San Francisco State. THere might even be gi-less competition this year! I got the inside skinny from a Charles Gracie student (bjj bad-ass Sherry Navarro). So for those training in Northern CA it’s time for us to represent!! And for those SoCal folks it’s time you come up north where there’s a little something funny in the water up here!!
    JK just thought I’d have some fun while sharing the gospel !!

Seriously, if anyone’s planning on coming to the United Gracie in May, let me know… It’d be nice to connect !

To my girls Heather, Sherry, Suzi, I look forward to seeing you on the mat!!! Keep up the training ladies!!

siouxzyc
    Post subject: United GraciePostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:42 pm

Thanks for spreading the word! Can’t wait to see you there. We are hoping to do a no gi tournament toward the end of the year. We will keep you posted.

————————————————————————————

Mark this day on your calendar!
    May 8th, 2004
    Charles and Ralph Gracie, in conjunction with our sponsors, enthusiastically announce one more United Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2004. The Tournament will be held here in Northern California, USA on May 8th, 2004 in the Main Gym of San Francisco State University located at 1600 Holloway Ave. in San Francisco, CA. The tournament will start promptly at 10:00 am and will have children, juniors, adult, master, senior, male and female, divisions from white to black belt levels.
    COMPETITION SCHEDULES:

Saturday May 8th * Competition starts promptly at 10:00am for all competitors in all divisions.

Kids 15 and under- All belts and weight classes – Begins at 10:00am
    Juniors 16 and 17 years old – White and Blue belts – Begins at 10:00am
    White Belt Adults, Masters, and Seniors – Male and Female – Begins at 10:00am
    Blue Belt Adults, Masters, and Seniors – Male and Female – Begins at 10:00am
    Purple Belt Adults, Masters, and Seniors – Male and Female – Begins at 10:00am
    Brown Belt Adults, Masters, and Seniors – Male and Female – Begins at 10:00am
    Black Belt Super Fights – Male and Female – Begins at 4:00pm
    NOTE: All competitors must present a valid identification at the time of weigh-in.
    COMPETITION FORMAT:

The United Gracie Tournament will use a single elimination system. We will be using the same event management system we used during the last tournament. At the time of weigh-in you will receive a Match Queuing Card with your name, mat number, and match number for your first match. If you are the winner of your match the scoring table will issue you another card with the same information for your next match.

1. The competition is open to kids, men, and women of all belt levels in the following divisions:
    · Kids (5yrs. 15 yrs. old) White, Yellow, Orange, and Green belts
    · Junior (16yrs. 17 yrs. old) White and Blue Belts
    · Women (18 yrs. and up) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts
    · Adults (18yrs. 29yrs. old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts
    · Masters (30yrs. 39yrs. old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts
    · Seniors (40yrs. old and up) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts

2. The deadline to register is Monday, May 3rd, by 9:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS! Each competitor is responsible for his/her own registration and payment. Please, have your registration materials and fee in on time. No registrations will be taken after May 3rd, we WILL NOT have registration during the tournament.

Fees are as follows:

· Kids: $30.00 (05yrs. 15yrs. old)
    · Juniors: $50.00 (16yrs. 17yrs. old)
    · Women: $50.00 (18yrs. old and up)
    · Adults: $50.00 (18yrs. old and up)

WEIGHT CLASSES:

* Kids (All the matches will be the closest weight, age, and belt. No weigh in necessary.)

Male and Female ( 16 yrs. and older )
    Rooster Up – 121lbs
    Super Feather – 122 – 134lbs.
    Feather – 135 – 147lbs.
    Light – 148 – 160lbs.
    Middle – 161 – 173lbs.
    Medium Heavy – 174 – 187lbs.
    Heavy – 188 – 202lbs.
    Super Heavy – 203 – 213lbs.
    Unlimited – 214lbs. & Over
    Open Class – All weights

In advance, we would like to thank all of you athletes, sponsors, families, spectators, martial artist, etc. gather in this friendly atmosphere that will help promote the great art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. We couldn’t have done it without all of you.
    Charles and Ralph Gracie
    United Gracie Team

Bjj nerd
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:31 pm

Suzi,

I’ll see ya on Sunday at the open mat… I’m gonna be there. My finger’s a lot better!!! 😆

siouxzyc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:30 am

Callista-

Thanks for the great roll yesterday! I’m looking forward to the next open mat.

-Suzy

Bjj nerd
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:31 pm

I had a good time on and off the mat 😮 . IT was fun hanging out w/ you and Sherry. I look forward to next month!! I dunno where it’s going to be, but we should do lunch again, that was cool!!

have a good one,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?