To quote Mills Lane, “Lets Get It ON!”

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

BrianP
    Post subject: To quote Mills Lane, “Lets Get It ON!” Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:44 am

The 130 – 135 weight class could get even more exciting!

As stated in earlier posts, Laura D’Auguste retained her belt last weekend. But i found the following on . I just thought it great to read and could make thie weight class even more exciting!!!

Per TSK.com:
    One of the few people you will ever see unhappy with a win, Laura showed her class in not wanting to garner the victory at the expense of injury to her opponent. “I want Tara Larossa,” exclaimed the defending Ring of Combat Women’s Welterweight Champion. It has been hard for Laura to find women willing to fight her, possibly a reason for her frustration at the quick end to Friday night’s fight. For now, she will wait patiently, training at her unequalled pace, until one of the few women she has yet to beat steps to the plate to take their turn against the world’s best female fighter

So Laura cant find fights. And she wants Tara LaRossa. Roxi wants Laura. Where is Erica? Could Amanda Buckner get in on this? How about the Japanese women? No doubt Debi wants them all… I know I am leaving many of you out, no offense intended.

Any one have comments? Roxi my pal, what do you think?

On a side note I would like to make the following observation and compliment of TSK fighters – but first a disclosure that I do not train at TSK and have no affiliation(s), I have interviewed Laura for this site a few years back and I remain a very big fan of hers both as a person and fighter. Thats all. To continue: Including this past Laura fight, I have been to a few other Laura fights where TSK fighters have competed. i have always found them to be better conditioned than the other fighters from other teams. Not only do they typically look more fit and strong, they are typically more fit and strong and in better condition. Obviously this has translated to their success. I think it is great to see that TSK really conditions and trains their fighters to be in the best possible shape and position to win. And a credit to their fights who commit to the training. Most importantly, the health benefit of… the better conditioned one is, the more they may not sustain a lasting injury (read: head injury) and will heal faster. I have seen too many half-way conditioned fighters (mostly men oddly enough) who do not compete well. Im sure there are many dojo’s that have similar success and conditions their fighters on the same level. But as a whole around NYC, few teams are on the same level.

I will get off my stump now…

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:09 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Speaking of Mills Lane, I hope that experimental treatment helps him recover from that stroke.

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:55 am

I thought I would get more responses from this, but maybe since I dont follow the the sport daily I am just reporting old news.

Oh well, I guess my topics just suck.

PS. So do I Mark.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?