Toughill and Laila get a little nasty

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

themannon
    Post subject: Toughill and Laila get a little nasty PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:42 pm

Erin and Laila were on local radio here in DC today (the John Thompson show) talking about their fight on the Tyson card next month.

Man, these two ladies do NOT like each other. The animus was obvious. and they were talking some good shite.

to top it off, after the interview, they had to be separated in the lobby of the radio station.

I’m rooting for Erin in this one, for sure.

satanico
    Post subject: Re: Toughill and Laila get a little nastyPostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:07 am

themannon wrote:

to top it off, after the interview, they had to be separated in the lobby of the radio station.

Haha that would be funny to see Laila on the ground getting pounded. I mean shit her Dad was scared of Antonio Inoki.

Here is an old interview of Laila trashing all the top fighters she hasn’t stepped up to, including Erin.

http://www.fightergirls.com

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

I can assure you that she made NO attempt to get in my face. John Thompson merely “asked” if we’d need security to “step in”

We had the press conference @ ESPN zone an hour before that. We stood face to face and she did not talk the shit that she seemd so eager to say when she sent me an “open letter”. It’s so funny how ppl’s demanors change (and they don’t feel so brave) when they are standing face to face with someone who they thought before was some little girl.

We had some words before the radio show and I told her she should shut her mouth or I’ll shut it for her. Her husband is also notoriously LOUD…and he did not have to much to say either. They were really at a loss for words…can u believe it? LOL

At any rate, the media was going mad about the fact that I do Vale Tudo; they were very interested. Ali knew that if she TRIED to step up and get in my face I was going to take her down and choke her out. I emphatically told the promoters and the PR ppl. Good thing she listened. I can tell you that when someone knows they will get their ass kicked if they mouth off…you can feel it. It’s the fear of the unknown. I was expecting MUCH more, i can tell you that much.

I am in the best shape I have ever been for a fight. I look NOTHING like I did in Japan. Then, I did not care about my weight or anything else. I did not even train that hard for SmackGirl. But this, this is different. I am so excited. I am also bigger than Ms. Ali. We are the same ht – but i am the “bigger” woman. I am also the underdog big time, and I welcome it. I am going to win this and bring some much deserved recognition in for the sport of MMA. I really PR’d it for you guys!

Thank you for all the support and I will be bringing this belt home.

Erin Toughill

resonant evil
    Post subject: Re: Toughill and Laila get a little nastyPostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:52 pm

satanico wrote:
    I mean shit her Dad was scared of Antonio Inoki.

Not only irrelevant, but stupid. That 1976 FARCE was strictly for money. Gene Lebell was referee and the best NHB man in the ring.

I have to say good job to Erin T for even getting this fight. Laila usually doesn’t fight tough opponents.

May the best fighter win, though I’m rootin’ for Erin.

NJFightGurl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:44 am

Good luck Erin Hope you throw her overdue beatin! I’ll be rooting for you all the way

H.Felton
    Post subject: Toughill and Laila get a little nastyPostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:18 am

Erin, you’re one helluva fighter, in any discipline, but Laila’s people, some of the shrewdest in boxing, must be convinced you can’t do her any harm at all boxing. She has a $1 Million+ fight scheduled with Lucia Rijker in Vegas in September. They wouldn’t jeopardize that kind of gigantic payday only three months earlier if they thought you had the least chance of hurting her, much less winning. But then again maybe they’re underestimating you (like that previously undefeated Dutch girl in Japan who you slaughtered). I sure hope so. I’d love to see you KO her in the 1st Round. 🙂

holddown
    Post subject: how bout a picPostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:20 pm

of the new erin who is hopefully going to end ali’s carreer.

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:33 pm

what could possibly be the catchweight for an Ali-Rijker fight?

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:50 pm

H.Felton wrote:
    She has a $1 Million+ fight scheduled with Lucia Rijker in Vegas in September.

themannon wrote:
    what could possibly be the catchweight for an Ali-Rijker fight?

Lucia is fighting Christy Martin.

resonant evil
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:52 am

😀 July 30 at Mandalay Bay

Another fight I can’t wait to see.

Sas2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:10 am

Yeah, for more info you could check http://www.fightergirls.com

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:23 pm

Recent article on Erin. “You’re Erin Toughill”

http://www.fightergirls.com

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:06 am

Good deal, Erin…and I hope by “bigger” you have also optimized your speed or the size won’t mean much – Still have six weeks to dial-it-in even more.

As for Ali/Rijker, if (when) Laila loses she’ll only have 1 loss and could still fight Rijker, then the winner could fight Erin for the title…or, Erin and Lucia can fight instead and then maybe Laila could get a rematch. 😉

RA

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:03 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

count the body shots….

count the body shots….

yap yap….scarce yapping again….

Olga
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:46 pm

Just want to wish you the best of luck Erin on this huge fight!
    I can’t wait to see it and I’ll be routing for you all the way. 🙂

Olga 🙂

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:42 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

if anyone saw the golota fight…

that was…so lame….

golota should quit…..

in chicago we have tons of polish fans…
    thats how don king made some money…
    but golota….stinks real bad….real bad…..flat feet…

i read in a boxing article..they watch your hands….
    they see how you back up…how you move your head…
    how you duck….
    these clowns review all your tapes…..
    ..i would change my technique completely…if not…they got you////

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?