Training Gear

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: Training Gear PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:34 am

Hi there, ladies!

I was just wondering what you all do for gear. I recently ordered a pair of shorts from TapOut, and while they fit at the waist, they may as well have been pantaloons on the legs!
    I have just been using men’s boardshorts (O’Neil, Hurlley, et al), as they actually, ya know, come more than an inch past my bum, and aren’t thigh hugging tight the way women’s shorts do.
    It’s just that I’m just sick and tired of men’s stuff!! I normally don’t like pink, but while having to buy yet another pair of men’s boardshorts to practice in, I would have KILLED for something in pink and black!
    So, please, do share what you wear and where you get it! 🙂

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:48 am

“and while they fit at the waist, they may as well have been pantaloons on the legs! ”

Were they Muay Thai shorts? If so, that sounds about right.

What ever happened to the Vale Tudo shorts? That is what Everybody wore ten years ago. Is the UFC responsible for everyone grappling in there swimtrunks?
    🙄

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:57 pm

[quote=”KhorneliusPraxx”]”and while they fit at the waist, they may as well have been pantaloons on the legs! ”

Were they Muay Thai shorts? If so, that sounds about right.

What ever happened to the Vale Tudo shorts? That is what Everybody wore ten years ago. Is the UFC responsible for everyone grappling in there swimtrunks?
    :roll:[/quote]

No, they weren’t Muay Thai shorts. They were just the average long board shorts. My guy friends have the exact same pair, and they fit fine on them. Just on me, they were far too wide in the leg. The whole point of board shorts is to NOT share every last detail of my backside with the world! And, sorry, but I’m not a big fan of the skin tight, look-like-bikini-bottom bottoms. >_<

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

Word on the street (I know because I work for them 😉 ) is that “Alpha Female”, a division of Fightergirls fightwear, will be out on the market FINALLY after years of work in progress within the next month.

The main goal of the project is to make gear, board shorts, thai shorts, shirts etc… that specifically fit the female form. Not to mention in colors and designs that we have all been wanting.

The board shorts that you are talking about that fit females are in production as we speak, and will be for sale within 3-4 weeks. They have a cool look, cool design and they were MADE specifically by female fighters for female fighters.

Stay tuned to Fightergirls.com to find out how to order…. 8)

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Try the Casca Grossa board shorts. My wife has a pair – she’s 5′ 1 and they are above her knee and go down to a 28 waist.

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:29 pm

OMG, really? 😮 You have just made my day!! 😀 I can’t wait! Please tell me that there will be hot pink and black long board shorts?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:22 pm
    Instructor

Please tell me that they won’t all be really girly looking.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

Right now we actually don’t have pink and black. More standard colors right now I guess, but also prints (hawaiian print etc..). The important thing is the cut, expecially on the board shorts (so the crotch isn’t hanging to our knees as well other smaller fit details)

I mean that goes for everyone else but Rikki. She can only order pink. We are having some especially made for you… 😛

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:29 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    I mean that goes for everyone else but Rikki. She can only order pink. We are having some especially made for you…
    😯

treelizard
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:40 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Anybody ever tried training in cycling clothes? I’ve worn stretch pants seemed to work really well… Was training out of town with some friends (who do this for fun) and noticed some of the gals had bike shorts/shirts underneath their street clothes they were wearing (and didn’t get all nervous when their shirts got grabbed, lol) and it seemed like it could work…

(This isn’t to take away attention from the Alpha Female gear, which looks great btw!!)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?