Training in Iraq…need help!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ace12kicker
    Post subject: Training in Iraq…need help!! Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Hello all you studly female fighters out there. I am new on these boards and am currently deployed to Iraq. I’m trying to train for my first MMA fight (I’ve done BJJ for a while) but we have very little equipment here. I have my own gloves and shorts and there is a small but gross mat and one busted “heavy” bag that we taped up to use for a grappling dummy. I need ideas or advice on creative ways to train for a fight that might not use basic equipment. The gym is fairly well equipped otherwise. If you have any advice on how I can improve with limited equipment please let me know!!! Thanks in advance.

“Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.”

skiistari
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:20 pm

Do cross fit for your conditioning… it’ll make all the guys in your barracks cringe in pain just to watch how hard-core you are.

Does anyone there know jiu jitsu? Some of my friends at West Point said it’s pretty popular in the army.

ace12kicker
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 am

Thanks for the advice, I think they actually have cross fit here although I’m limited to classes due to my work schedule. I’m at an Air Force base so not many army people but I’m trying to find more people interested. Thanks again for the suggestion, I’ll definitely look into it!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?