Transvestite Kickboxer???

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Maulinator
    Post subject: Transvestite Kickboxer??? PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

My co-worker was telling me today about a show she was watching on HBO that featured a transvestite kickboxer.

Apparently this girl/guy is from Hawaii and is a hookeras well. Never heard of her/him before though…

But it raised an interesting question – what division does he/she fight in? He/She still has his male important parts, but has had other surgery, and lives life as a female.

The thing is that Hawaii has very relaxed medical procedures, so it’s not like anyone could verify it anyway. But wouldn’t he/she have an unfair upper body strength advantage, among others??

How the hell does that work?? What about someone who is transgender (born with both parts)?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:48 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    What about someone who is transgender (born with both parts)?

I would say that in this situation it depends on what they were raised as.

In the male to female transvestite situation they should fight in the male division. If they were allowed to fight in the women’s division then there would be no reason to even have the different divisions! Those are in place because of the physiological differences between male and female – not because of smile organs.

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Molly, I think whatever is on your drivers licence. Refer to that thai boxer “Lady Boy”, Im not really sure myself. I know she had a fight with a man and lost badly. She said in an article she lost alot of endurance when she started taking female hormones……
    What I can tell you is I would but a ticket!

nhbSDMF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:31 am

The Ladies Man Leon Phelps – “You can’t blame the wang!” (have fun — http://media.ebaumsworld.com/ladyman.swf)

I’d say even “sans smile”, if you’ve got a Y chromosome you fight in the men’s division.

Transgender….uh…..???? I have no idea.

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 am

Hey all,
    I’m pretty sure “transgender” means someone who identifies with and lives as the opposite smile, but has not had any surgery. Someone with both parts is a ‘hermaphrodite’. (smile education… what fun!)

And I don’t think I have an opinion yet… still thinking 😕

J

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    Molly, I think whatever is on your drivers licence

Gretta – mine says F, but I though that meant “Fabulous Driver”. Why what does your say? What division do you enter? 😛 😀

Not sure about the termenology, but ya’ll know what I mean.

nhbSDMF – “So I guess that means you don’t want a fish sandwich?”, LOL, one of my favorite movies.

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:14 pm
    Pro Fighter

Your funny tonight! Mine says F, I swear to God! Anyway, I hope we get to see you fight again soon. I had so much fun that night, I want to come out and visit. I have a good story about the rest of my evening….. Kedzie knows what happened. That girl is a bad influence 😈

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:04 am

I think anyone who is a prostitute shouldnt be participating in combat sports. hepatitis and HIV shouldnt be a risk of training with them. You wouldnt want to train with an IV drug user either, so i dont think i’m really being judgemental.

It is interesting that men in america can use estrogen to their hearts content to transform their bodies into women, but using steroids to change your body isnt.

nhbSDMF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:34 am

gretamobetta wrote:
    Your funny tonight! Mine says F, I swear to God! Anyway, I hope we get to see you fight again soon. I had so much fun that night, I want to come out and visit. I have a good story about the rest of my evening….. Kedzie knows what happened. That girl is a bad influence 😈

lol…..

bbkirk
    Post subject: Re: Transgender Kickboxer???PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:45 am

Maulinator wrote:
    But it raised an interesting question – what division does he/she fight in? He/She still has his male important parts, but has had other surgery, and lives life as a female.

I cannot help but add my two bits. There seems to be a serious lack of reliable information in this discussion. Gender is complex.

The important thing is the hormones that she is on and how long she has been on them. I have a transgender friend who has eliminated testosterone from her body for over 4 years. She has lost a lot of the muscle mass that she formerly had and gained body fat. Hormones are the major difference between men’s and women’s abilities to build muscle mass in their upper body. Although my friend is 8″ taller than me, I am stronger than her in my upper body, because I work out.

I think the length of time one has been taking female hormones and testosterone blocking hormones should determine the division. It is the function of the weight classes to fairly match the muscle mass of opponents.

Maulinator wrote:
    The thing is that Hawaii has very relaxed medical procedures, so it’s not like anyone could verify it anyway. But wouldn’t he/she have an unfair upper body strength advantage, among others??

How the hell does that work?? What about someone who is transgender (born with both parts)?

It should NOT matter whether she has had a gender reassignment surgery (which is incredibly expensive, by the way). What should matter is the hormones. Personally, I applaud her for bringing diversity to the sport and challenging gender stereotypes.

Do not forget that there are smile people–people who were born neither with XY or XX chromosomes but some other combination (XXY, XYY, etc). In this case the chromosomes are not very useful in assigning these people into our socially convenient binary gender categories.

As women we are often aware of smile expressed against us. Let us not make the mistake of being bigoted towards other women, regardless of why or how they became women.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?