Tsuji armbars Montoya in the 3rd round

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Jeff
    Post subject: Tsuji armbars Montoya in the 3rd roundPostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:21 pm

From Erica’s account, it seems that Tsuji’s ground striking along with her possibly superior submissions led to her victory over Montoya.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:28 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Any other news on this match???? I didn’t even know it was happening..

Chad

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:28 pm

It happened in a Smackgirl event on Aug. 5.

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:55 am

“by Masa Fukui from Sherdog…

Now let’s move on to Final Match. Yuka Tsuji vs Erica Montoya. Yuka Tsuji has been fighting in Smack Girl for several years now. And already have no opponent suitable for her. On the other side, Erica Montoya had long Blank in her fight career and this was her comeback fight.

1R Erica pretty much dominated the fight. She got Yuka’s Back for long time, looking for Choke or Arm bar. But in the 2R ,Yuka started pounding Erica from guard hard. Later on in post fight interview,Yuka said “I could hear Erica started breathing hard. So I noticed she’s getting tired” As she said so. In 2R This fight is leaning toward Yuka’s Tsuji’s pace. Although Erica showed very outstanding techniques. Erica showed us a lot of good move include Eddie Bravo’s famous move “Rubber guard”. Erica seems almost catch Yuka Tsuji in Omoplata, Triangle… or maybe even foot choke from rubber guard….. Well, this night was just Yuka Tsuji’s night. She was better than Erica this night. Submitted Erica, That’s something… and Now Yuka Tsuji maybe the best female MMA fighter in 122lbs. Oh-no, hold on sec… Yuka lost against Michelli Tavares in DEEP 11th. Another Hill that she gotta get over to be top of the mountain. Oh well, she just won one big fight. So why don’t I just say, “Omedetou Gozaimasu” to Yuka Tsuji for her victory against Erica Montoya. That was definitely big one step for Yuka Tsuji for the future.”
    There were pictures posted somewhere, I’ll try to find them.

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:05 am

Here they are:

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:40 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Thanks for the pictures and the awesome post….. Who is the best 122-125 MMA fighter??? I would have to say the world famous Jennifer Howe!!! Also word has it that Debi Purcell has dropped to 125 but feels more comfortable at 135

She would be my pick for the top..

Chad

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:26 pm

Agreed, Jennifer Howe and Tara LaRosa are 1st and 2nd at that weight class.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?