TSUJI VS. TOMOMI OFFICIAL! FULL MMA RULES! WINNER TAKES ALL!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

derUbermensc
    Post subject: TSUJI VS. TOMOMI OFFICIAL! FULL MMA RULES! WINNER TAKES ALL! PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:51 am

Forgive me, but I felt this warranted its own thread as this is simply BIG news. Reporting from me blog, Complete Vale Tudo Access:

http://www.fightergirls.com

Quote:

It is official. In what definitively constitutes the biggest fight in recent Women’s MMA, Yuka Tsuji will fight WINDY Tomomi in a full MMA rules bout with the special stipulation that the winner takes all of the prize money. This fight will be a rematch of their first bout in 2002 when Tsuji defeated a WINDY Tomomi still making the transition from kickboxing to MMA. Now, with a handful of wins behind her and a sharpened ‘sprawl n brawl’ style as well submission defense at her disposal, Tomomi will get the fight she demanded in the ring after her victory over Korea Cha Seong Jin on Smackgirl’s February card. Smackgirl’s official press release disclosed the source of adding the stipulation: “This type of match has only happened once before in the past, between Satoshi Kobayashi and Hisayuki Kanazawa held in Korakuen Hall on All-Japan Kickboxing’s January 4, 2002 card. The stipulation increases both the motivation of the fighters and the meaning behind the fight. Tomomi, out of her great respect for Kobayshi, requested the stipulation in order to emulate her senior.”

WINDY Tomomi is the IKMF Oriental Women’s Bantamweight Champion, and since overcoming her transition period to MMA, has scored five consecutive wins, most notably over able grappler Misaki Takimoto in Pancrase last July. Yuka Tsuji is arguably the best female fighter in MMA today. She has defeated the best in the game who’ve competed in the under 54kg weight class, such as Ossan, Hisae Watanabe, Erica Montoya, Mari Kaneko, and Tomomi herself. This rematch, against a more well-rounded Tomomi, should prove to be the crowning achievement of her illustrious career. The bout will take place in a complete MMA environment, as there will be no time limits on the ground and punching to the head on the ground.

Smackgirl Executive Committee and Upper Life Present Smackgirl: Top Girl Battle
    June 30th, 2006
    Korakuen Hall
    Tokyo, Japan
    Doors Open: 17:30
    Fights Start: 18:00

Tentative Fight Card (Card Subject To Change):

Open, 2R 5M
    Yoko Takahashi (Freelance) vs. Michiko Takeda (Zendokai Headquarters)

2006 Smackgirl Middleweight Next Cinderella Tournament Semifinal
    58 KG, 2R 5M
    Sakura Nakamura (Zendokai Headquarters) vs. Miki Morifuji (T-BLOOD)

2006 Smackgirl Flyweight Next Cinderella Tournament Semifinal
    48 KG, 2R 5M
    Taeko Nagamine (Zendokai Headquarters) vs. Fukuko Hamada (Sogokakutougi Angura)

Main Event
    53kg, 3R 5M, Full MMA Rules
    Yuka Tsuji (Sogokakutougi Angura) vs. WINDY Tomomi (Pancraseism)

I don’t know you about y’all, but I’m hyped as fuck about this. If Tsuji beats Tomomi, that’s it, she’s the best ever. I simply will not question her ability to win for all of eternity. Ok, maybe that’s the hype getting to me, but how can’t it? This is the biggest fight since Larosa/Modafferi, might I add, and with Buckner rematching Bazler and Akano taking on Larosa, the Next Cinderella Semis, and Yoshida/Tamada…June might be the most decisive month in women’s mma ever(?)

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Not the pinnacle yet,PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:03 am
    Pro Fighter

I agree Tsuji is very tought and skilled and has made a great showing as a champion level fighter. Still, Megumi Fujii would fight her at 54kgs and beat her too. I know this and would bet on it. Megumi beat the only girl to beat Tsuji (by tap out), Dantas.

This match would be the top in my opinion and the only thing holding it back is the promotions and the money. They are the two most popular women fighters in Japan.

This Windy vs. Tsuji match will be good but Tsuji vs. Fujii is the tops at that light weight.

Josh

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Re: Not the pinnacle yet,PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:58 pm

Josh Barnett wrote:
    I agree Tsuji is very tought and skilled and has made a great showing as a champion level fighter. Still, Megumi Fujii would fight her at 54kgs and beat her too. I know this and would bet on it. Megumi beat the only girl to beat Tsuji (by tap out), Dantas.

This match would be the top in my opinion and the only thing holding it back is the promotions and the money. They are the two most popular women fighters in Japan.

This Windy vs. Tsuji match will be good but Tsuji vs. Fujii is the tops at that light weight.

Josh

I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. QFA

Concerning Dantas, its not like Dantas was a cakewalk for Fujii in that fight, it was pretty back and forth. In Tsuji’s defense, she hadn’t a faced a high level BJJ player, from Nova Uniao no less, in her career up until that point. You see her struggle in Dantas’ guard there, but a year later she looks comfortable with Montoya, finishing her wheareas Fujii went to a decision. This is all just to establish that the fight REALLY is the most high-level and competitive bout, on both sides, there could be. Fujii has the edge in striking, but Tsuji has shown she’s not afraid to stand with a better striker. That just makes it an even better fight.

All right, I need to simmer down, this is all too much to take in at once. I need somewhere to cool off, let me go to Sherdog

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

QFA?

Hey hot debates just means in this case that we are very interested in the fighters.

Josh

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:07 pm

Josh Barnett wrote:
    QFA?

Hey hot debates just means in this case that we are very interested in the fighters.

Josh

quoted for accuracy

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:37 am

Sorry for the offtopic guys!

Did anybody welcome you Josh?
    By the way, Josh, welcome on board! 8)
    Great, to see you here!

Hope to see yuou against a dutch in Pride! 8)

Ontopic;

Yeah I must say this is grat matchup, yes still wondering why Fuji en Tsuji didn’t meet yet , yes it must be the money issue of promotors….
    Hope it will come, I would put my money on Fuji. 8)

As far as this matchup goes I think Tsuji would win from Tonomi, I like the standup in Tonomi also a lot, but I doubt if it can make the difference.

But we’ll see what happens!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:12 am

I’m going to upload Tsuji/Tomomi I in anticipation

Mighty Me
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:27 am

On what rules MMA or kickboxing?

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:29 am

MMA, of course. Punching to the head on the ground and no ground time limits

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?