TUF series for women

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

mindfull
    Post subject: TUF series for women PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm

I would love to see it happen. The same sort of thing as TUF, featuring female fighters. It would definately be great for the evolution of woman`s sport and MMA in general. What do you think?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:08 pm
    Instructor

I think it would be great. I know quite a few other people who would love it. But I don’t believe the viewing public would be happy about it. And it seems that UFC could care less about women in the sport.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:36 am

Probably would be too risqué for american television, EVEN CABLE. 😳

jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:56 am

i would apply for sure!! i think your right though. i dont think people would watch it.

fightermnb
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:14 am

if courture is still doing mud wrestling sock pulls, and having people prance in their underwear I think spike would do it. Maybe thats the point of this season, to setup a female TUF for season 3 lol

I do wonder what it would be like to see a house full of women who’ve previously fought, don’t like each other, and have to live, and train together. I’m picturing some seriously viciousl diego sanchez style fights

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:14 am
    Instructor

I don’t think there are many women in the fight world that don’t like each other. At least they seem to get along (for the most part) on this site. 😀

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:54 pm

I think it’s a bad idea. Personally I never liked TUF to begin with and I think it’s diluting the current UFC talent pool. At the moment though UFC would first need a female fight before this can happen.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:22 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    UFC would first need a female fight before this can happen.

No they wouldn’t. The point of the show is to give the top pro fighters (who haven’t already made it to the UFC) a chance to win a UFC contract. There’s not really any reason why they’d need to have women already fighting in the promotion before they could do a female show……..not like it matters anyway. 😡

wrestleone
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:49 am

never happen, besides who would be on it anyway. i am sorry but there are not enought talented women to make the show work,female flailers are not going to help your cause

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:07 am
    Instructor

There are plenty of 135ers to fill the 8 slots they allow for each weight class. There just isn’t another weight class!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:30 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Perhaps if they used a few women as a weight class and not a whole show.

Ahh who am I kidding, it is wishful thinking

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:16 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I hope that TUF 3 has eight men between 135-145lbs(lightweights), and eight women between 125-135lbs.

Of coarse its not going to happen, because the UFC just isn’t interested in womens’ MMA. To them, Jennifer Howe is just “Jeremy Horn’s Girlfriend”. Besides, finding 8-16 women willing and able to be stuck in a house for weeks without TV away from careers and family is a challenge in itself.

Aethne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:00 pm

I actually had a Petition going on the TUF Forum for a while.. A lot of people signed it, but I think I’ll have to hunt down Dana and “tap” him into doing it;) I’d love to see it happen, but I don’t think it will unfortunately…

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 am
    Pro Fighter

would love to be on it.

I’d be scared to, though, because I can’t run due to a back injury, so if people went for a jog, would I get special treatment? I also talked to Kenny Florian and he said that they didn’t really get days off unless it was an elimination day….and they trained like 100% every day, so what if I needed to baby an injury?

that being said, I’d still do it.

tinaXXX
    Post subject: No props to femalesPostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:44 am

Quote:
    because the UFC just isn’t interested in womens’ MMA. To them, Jennifer Howe is just “Jeremy Horn’s Girlfriend”.

I, too, was quite bewildered by the caption during her Jeremy Horn UFC interview not even making a small mention that she is a kick-ass MMA fighter in her own right. WTF? 😯

My husband has been following UFC’s/Pride’s/MMA’s for many years and while watching the UFC he had no idea who she was so I told him. He was then kinda weirded out by the “Jeremy Horn’s Girlfriend” title they gave her.

Even if they don’t want to show women fighting, they could at least get real about us. And when will lighter weights be included on the show?! Those big guys are kinda getting “overexposed.” (ie. boooring)

tinaXXX
    Post subject: NOT!PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:15 am

Quote:
    never happen, besides who would be on it anyway. i am sorry but there are not enought talented women to make the show work,female flailers are not going to help your cause

You can see that lack of mass media (television) coverage gives rise to an (dare I say ignorant?) opinion such as this. 😡 In this day and age we have a new tool called the “internet” which can be used to virtually visit dotcoms such as- WBAN, IFBA, ADCC, WRESTLEGIRL, WOMENKICKBOXING (esp. links pages), etc, etc. And don’t forget to rent Lucia Rijker’s “Shadow Boxers” DVD. ❗

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?