This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

domiere
    Post subject: uk mma PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:14 am

can someone please let me know where i can find out about compititions and trials in the uk?

http://www.fightergirls.com

i am in deepest daekest devon 😆 and the boys i train with are convinced we dont fight at comps i find this hard to believe i think they just havent noticed any ladies or are too scared to look!!!

also i am 36 mother of 2 is this too old?!! 🙄

DianeB
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:35 pm

Hiya domiere

I hope 36 isn’t too old. lol. i’m 38 & I had my 1st mma fight last week, I won!! 😀 .

What weight are you & how long have you been training?

Keep up the training, i’m going to have a go at the seni next year in the no gi comp as well.

Good Luck

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    can someone please let me know where i can find out about compititions and trials in the uk?

There are definitely opportunities for women to fight, they vary depending on what weight you are and how seriously you want to take it.

Probably the best place to get info about the uk mma scene as a whole is http://www.fightergirls.com

domiere
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 pm

thanx guys

well done dianeb

and rosi (i am asuming smile) you are awsome may i say although my daughter might say different as i keep reminding her that you can be smart AND sporty ‘look at rosi!!’

i go into cage warriors most days (especially on a bad day, the men can out bitch any woman i know…lol) wish i was ready for sid rimmers show in plymouth in july but dont think i could do it by then only 2 months away

i have been training for 8 years but only 2 of those in mma i did tkd before, but am hooked on ground work now, i have not had a fight yet as i have had problems with my thyroid which is leveled out now so in the gym as have a good 6 months battle of my own first but then i would like to fight. not sure what weight i will get to but it will be heavyweight i would think.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:04 am
    Pro Fighter

Good luck with it, i hope it works out for you 🙂

Feel free to drop me a PM on cagewarriors if you want any specific advice. I can’t guarantee i’ll be able to help, but i’ll try to at least point you in the right direction – it’s always good to see more women competing over here.

Oh, and if you’re ever near Manchester, let me know and drop in for a session or two. 😀

domiere
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:03 am

thanks rosi

might even make a special trip up!

would be good to roll with a girl (none at my club!!)

cracking new gthread on cage warriors female bit too.

see you there 😀

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?