unique diet foods

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: unique diet foods PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:37 am
    Pro Fighter

So what are some unusual recepies and ideas you use that one normally wouldn’t think of, that are delicious? Maybe people cutting weight can have a treat once in a while!

Some of mine are:

-fat free cottage cheese with a bit of fat free plain with some baking cocoa and splenda. It’s sweat and the only fat is coco (which is like 1 gram) plus lots of protein

-using fat free cottage cheese instead of salad dressing. It gives it a creamy taste rather than all the fat of normal cheesy thick dressings

-mix together fat free cottage cheese and a handful of crushed wheaties or total cereal, plus raisins plus low fat or fat free fruit flavored yogurt. crunchy healthy, a llittle bit of carbs and lots of protein.

what else?

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:25 am

damn, did you grow up on a dairy farm?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:27 am
    Pro Fighter

I have a feeling that Rox likes cottage cheese? I like it but am not a huge fan with mixing stuff with it. But then again, I never tried. Just the sound of it sounds nasty. But hey, I once mixed cooked oatmeal and scrambled eggs before and I dought I will ever again taste something as nasty as that was! 😈

Joana
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:56 am

Cottage cheese is a great source of protein – approx. 20g/100g
    But doesn’t the low fat cheese have worse assimilability?

btw: Has anyone thought about creating a new section of this forum concerning diet, health and nutrition?

Joana
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:25 pm

Oh, I forgot about the question.. 🙂
    My diet is a high-protein one.
    Although I don’t eat meat, thanks to the high protein diet I lost on weight 15 kilograms. And it’s all about psychology 🙂
    Eating less won’t help you much (although my mom says to her patients: eat leeess! 🙂 ) To the point: I started with a huge breakfast (cereal+milk)- do Americans eat as much cereal as on movies?? 😀 anyways- after MILK and cereal I ate scrambled eggs (if 3eggs-one yolk out), than half a roll with cottage cheese and another one with sth else. Small musli bar at the end 😀
    I tried to cut on carbohydrates (max. 40 grams in the main meal)
    than some protein, whatever-soya, bean etc. some salads ble ble ble

Important element of this diet was also trying to eat as less carboh. after 7pm as possible. If hungry- eat tuna! (sOOO much protein),
    but hey, what am I writing about, all of you are sport girls knowing what to eat. 🙂
    But one thing u might not know:
    Too much protein (esp. animal) can cause poeple to excrete calcium through their urine and increase their risk of osteoporosis. It can also lead to kidneys disease. But nobody’s exagerrating when it comes to protein, are they?
    I heard that polish strongmen drink 10 protein shakes a day and eat as many as 14 meals :/ How sick is THAT?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ok, I have a question …. I LOVE meat. Red meal to be exact. How much should you be eating a week and why is it so bad for you!?

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Quote:
    eat as many as 14 meals

I don’t have time for 3 meals a day- how could anyone possibly have enough time for 14?!

haha
    and I certainly don’t have enough money for 10 protein shakes/day.

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

Marie- I heard somewhere (I think my trainer told me) that because red meat takes so long to digest it just sits in your belly for weeks meaning you weigh more. I’m not 100% sure tho how this works but yeah, that’s what i heard…

I reckon you can have red meat about 3-4 times a week if you like it that much to get enough iron, unless you are taking iron supplements or another form of iron.

And Rox, with your first recipe with the cocoa, i think you left out a word, or else i’m just having a dumb day and can’t understand what you mean:

“fat free cottage cheese with a bit of fat free plain with some baking cocoa and splenda”.

Anthea

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Marie,

If you love red meat, just stick to lean cuts. It only has one more gram of saturated fat and has more B vitamins. Also, you may want to consider buying from the organic markets to cut down on the anitbiotics pumped into them. Don’t forget to eat fish thouh – you need those good fats for your cholesterol to s tay balanced.

This week I have been on the – two bowls of lucky charms for breakfast diet – where I get shakey at 10am and want to eat more but don’t have my lunch packed so I drink coffee and I get more shakey. Finally by lunch my blood sugar is so wacked I don’t care what I eat by dinner the acid refulx is setting in and by bedtime I feel terrible.

WHY THE DIETING ROLLERCOSTER – WHY?! Why can’t I just stick to my 95% healthy pre-fight/training diet all the time. Weakness, I tell ya.
    🙄

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 am
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, I love dairy. What you said about it not being digested quickly sort of rings true, though…I think I had too much cereal and milk for dinner, and it was still in my stomach 2 and a half hour later when I was trying to train. 🙁

I was also warned not to have tuna fish (canned in water) every day because you could get mercury poisoning. I mean, I was having like SCOUPS every day because it’s buffett style at my college, so I stopped that. lol

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:36 am

They’re actually doing a study right now on Tea and fish. Supposebly if you drink tea with fish containg the potentially dangerous heavy metals that the tea will drastically cut absorbtion of the said metals.

anyway you brought back nightmares of college cafeteria food. Living on campus sucks.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:07 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    I was also warned not to have tuna fish (canned in water) every day because you could get mercury poisoning.

There is a different type of tuna you can get that is in water but it says on the can “albercore” (sp?). This type of tuna is mercury free. Its thicker than most tuna but gets the job done. It kinda looks like the canned chicken. But it tastes like tuna …? 😯

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:32 am
    Pro Fighter

gets the job done,lol

how about SALSA ON SALAD? 😀

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

yum, salsa is wonderful on salad, its crazy how fattening my all time thousand island fav, is!
    I got a question, for those that DONT eat meat, what other reliable (and somewhat easy to make) sorces of protien can you hunt down?

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    what other reliable (and somewhat easy to make) sorces of protien can you hunt down?

mmm beans and legumes – kidney, chickpeas, refried beans, butter beans, lentils… all up there on my favourite food list (even though i am a meat eater…). also egg whites (ditch the yolkes- just full of fat, and if you feel guilty for throwing away half the egg, then just remember that you’d cut the fat off meat too…), and nuts are a favourite (although a bit fattier, but soooo good!). 😀

i have a great lentil soup recipe which i have for dinner when i’m trying to cut my weight down…:

1c uncooked brown/green lentils
    1 carrot (chopped up into little cm by cm cubes or whatever you feel like)
    1 onion (chopped up)
    1 clove of garlic (crushed or cut into little pieces if you’re like me and don’t have a crusher!)
    4 stalks of celery (chopped up)
    1 tsp curry powder
    1 tin of whole or diced tomatoes (about 400g, just your standard tin size- sorry for you Americans i don’t know the oz conversion!)
    Any other fresh veges
    peas
    4 cups of beef stock (or 4 cups of water and some beef stock powder to your preferred taste)
    seasoning (pepper)
    oil for cooking (about a tsp or a bit more)

heat the oil in your big soup cooking pot. Add onions and fry until they’re see-through, add garlic, carrots and celery (and any other veges if you’ve got them- capsicum/bell peppers are good) and cook for a bit (a couple of mins?) then add curry powder and cook for 30 seconds stirring all the time. Add everything else except the peas and bring to the boil and simmer for about 40 mins until the lentils are cooked (when you can “squash” them easily with your tounge against the top of your mouth). Add the peas near the end and if you run out of lentils like i did last night or you want the extra protein boost you can add a can of cooked beans (i used 5 bean mix, but red kidney beans or anything else would be just as good). Add seasonings like pepper at the end too.

Sorry this is a bit messy but i’m doing it from memory…

This is really good and i can get people who despise lentils to eat it without a fuss.

Anthea

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

thank you anthea, i will have to give that a try.

blueyedgrrl78
    Post subject: Protein YummiesPostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:24 am

I’ve always been a HUGE fan of Fat free yogurt mixed w/ Garpe Nuts. It’s simply delicious! 😛

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m Vegan, so no meat no dairy, because I train I take a multi-vitamin tablet and liquid amino acids, which is what protein produces. The problem is I can’t put weight on for fights, I’m stuck at 51kg/112lbs I can get up to 53kg/117lbs but it doesn’t stay and I feel bloated with it and don’t want to move let alone fight.

Anybody have ideas of how I can put weight on without eating rubbish, I’m doing weight training but I don’t want to be bulky for the grappling side so I do small weights lots of reps, which seems only to tone not to add weight. There’s loads of advice on how to lose weight for fights but I need to get to 55kg/121 or as close as for my next fight in four weeks time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?