Valerie Barney defeats Mystee Blackwood

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Maulinator
    Post subject: Valerie Barney defeats Mystee Blackwood PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:08 pm
    Pro Fighter

Denver CO, January 23, 2006: The Worldwide Fighting Championship announces results for “Rumble in the Rockies,” mixed martial arts fighting event that concluded January 21, 2006 at the Budweiser Events Center (5290 Arena Circle Loveland, CO.). The show was a huge success and delighted over 3,000 rabid MMA fans.

Results:

Scott Grimm def. Vinnie Cano (Unam. Dec. (29-28) Round 3)

Pete Vandervort def. Vincent Vigil (Maj. Dec. (29-28, 27-30, 29-28) Round 3)

Jesse Fujarczyk def. Mike Chickering (TKO R2)

Mel Matchette def. D.J. Hollingsworth (1:23 R2 submission (strikes)

Brad Neal def. John Fujarczyk (:53 R2 Submission (rear-naked choke)

Valerie Barney def. Mistee Blackwood (R1 Submission (strikes)

Skip Hall def. Chuck Costello (2:14 R1 Submission (rear-naked choke)

Steve Sharp def. Noah Thomas (R2 Unam. Dec. 30-27)

Dan Severn def. Victor Vincellette (1:22 R1 Submission (strikes)

MMA Superstar Don “The Predator” Frye was on-hand to meet fans, show support for his longtime friend Dan Severn and oversee the action.

The WFC now looks ahead to March 18, 2006 to present “Final Countdown,” details, and fight card to be released soon.

Did anyone see the show? Details on the fight? Mystee is scheduled to fight Adrienna Jenkins in Kauai’s FIRST EVER female MMA match In AJ’s hometown of Kapa’a.

Any thoughts on this upcoming fight????

Mystee
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:20 pm

They spelled my name wrong 🙁

When the DVD comes out, you’ll see I blew my knee out. So the fight didn’t get to go as long as it should/may have. It went out and I just went down {the guy fighting after me as well as others watching mentioned it at the ‘after party..I went down really weird}. And for those who ‘really’ know me….they know I’ve had serious knee issues for awhile but kept them fairly quiet so that my knee would not become a target for fights…now that the injury will be visable on DVD…no way to hide it any longer. {lol..amazing how none of my wins make it anywhere 😆 }

I’m putting off surgery till 2007 since I have signed fights for this year so as to not ‘back out’ of any.

Taking a couple weeks off the leg to heal a little…then back to work.

I know AJ and I will both be training hard to give a great March fight….

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:09 pm
    Pro Fighter

Molly, (no offense to Mystee, none at all) my vote would be for AJ on this. I’ve seen her fight. On experience and wittnessing her skills and given potential training difficulties for Mystee.

Mystee, I applaud your commitment but this is the only body you’ve got, girl. If you want to be around to kick my ass for not voting for you, you’ve got to get that knee taken care of. Maybe have this fight with AJ and take the time to heal properly. If you need more encouragement, talk to Debi about injuries f*cking up her career.

Mystee, you also wanted to find a gym to train at. If you are ever in the bay area, come train with me. I’d love a girl to train with, especially another fighter. Send me a PM for more info.

Mystee
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:17 am

Hey who voted for me? Did ya put your vote on the wrong line? No hard feelings about the vote..don’t expect anyone to choose anyone other than AJ…and that honestly doesn’t bother me. To me it’s all just friendly competition anyway..and to see what part of your game you still need further work on.

Anyway, I have all sorts of training travel plans for this year based on offers from people to visit their gyms tot rain, so I’m sure I may be able to check yours out as well. Thanks for the invite. I am back regualrly with a fulltime trainer 🙂 As a matter of fact I just got done meeting with him awhile ago..thinks I also pulled my hamstring…but who knows.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:04 am
    Pro Fighter

Well, please do visit. We have a futon!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?