? Vs. Amanda Buckner – July 22nd

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

greatlaughter
    Post subject: ? Vs. Amanda Buckner – July 22nd PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:11 am
    Pro Fighter

Hi All,

I accepted and have been training for a fight vs. Amanda Buckner in Butte, Montana on July 22nd. Montana Athletic Commission has accepted MMA rules and we now have to become a licensed ‘boxer’ to fight. This requires a medical consent signed off by a physician. Therein lies my problem. I am only a couple of months out of some physical trauma an both a physician and a physician friend will not sign their name to the form. I have two more appointments with different medical providers. I have some hope that one may sign off. I know I’m good to fight but to the physicians it looks like a liability.
    If anyone is willing to step up as a back-up please contact me immediately. Ideally, you’d be willing to be a back-up in the case that I don’t get the OK and if I do, I would still get to fight. I know that is a lot to ask but I’ve been training for this fight too and am super dissappointed. If you are 100% committed and we get sign off by the promotor and Amanda, I will pull out so that a fight will happen that night and we don’t all end up dissappointed.
    Please email me at great_laughter@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Heather

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:26 am
    Pro Fighter

Wow, that sucks…I hope it goes through for you!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:43 pm
    Instructor

Good luck Heather, I hope you can get the okay (assuming that you actually are okay 🙂 ).

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:52 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

What kind of ‘physical trauma’ ❓

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Mark Grassman wrote:
    What kind of ‘physical trauma’ ❓
    No need to specify a bullseye for Amanda to punch 100 times.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:42 am
    Pro Fighter

No worries – Amanda isn’t like that. And if I was concerned, I wouldn’t even be training. It took me a while to get to feeling safe with even training.

I had an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that is not the uterus). Luckily, it did not rupture but I sustained enough damage to bleed internally for a number of weeks. Under the advice of my OB, I chose not to operate because the embryo was growing right next to my ovary and they would have taken the tube and the ovary out. Instead, we disolved the pregnancy with a chemotherapy drug and I was instructed to do as little physically as possible until my body rejected the growing fetus and broke apart the cells one at a time. So, like any upstanding woman, I sat my arse on the couch and ate twislers and oreos to my hearts content from January to April.

As soon as I got the OK to exercise again, I did, then later came the OK to train but I’d freak out if I felt any pain. Ectopics have a tendancy to rupture and kill women if they don’t make it to the hospital on time – so mentally, it was tough getting kneed and kicked and rolled on my abdomen. Then, I got over that and now I am back to training full force. 🙂

But, so far, no body but me thinks this fight is a good idea because in truth, my body is still recovering from the medication. And I’m just not 100% yet. But I’m OK with fighting at 85% or 90%. I don’t know, maybe it is just a way of rushing myself back to feeling normal.

This is all really personal stuff and here I am blasting it over the internet, but I feel like this is a community that I can share with so – fuck it. (Sorry about the language Chad.)

Please don’t say anything about Amanda trying to capitalize on this. She has known about it all along and, I think, was somewhat taken aback that I took the fight with her in the first place. She’s an absolutely stellar person and is, herself, encouraging me to make sure I do what is right for my body – not my ego. Gosh, that’s hard to admit.

So, that’s the story. Any questions – ask away! I’m an open book. And, another thing – if you ever know anyone who is going through this, please, please, please look me up. These are rare and having someone to talk to would be good.

Thanks all,

H.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:50 am
    Instructor

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sure it was hard to go through – it’s a good thing that you are such a strong woman. I’ll be happy to hear when you feel 100% again. Best wishes.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:21 am
    Pro Fighter

My fight with Heather is not going to be able to happen due to the medical stuff she mentioned. If anybody is interested in this fight or knows anybody who might be please let me know as soon as possible. Maybe we can get the promoter to shorten the number of rounds or something like that to compensate for the short notice.

amanda

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

I hope heather has a good recovery, that has to be a hard thing to go through. Amanda, I will ask around for you wherever i can, I am fighting that day (july 22)here in moline, But i def. try to help how i can.
    ~AJ

fightforce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 pm

If it helps, maybe we could do a paid exhibition, so no fight record is recorded.

If anyone is interested either way please call me at any time.

Bryan Deats
    406-570-0758

Hywel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:43 pm

has an opponent been found yet? is Amanda still going to fight?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?