Wanted – Female Fighter 135 lbs May 8th Kentucky

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject: Wanted – Female Fighter 135 lbs May 8th KentuckyPostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:32 am

I’m copying and pasting from here

Ladies.. I am looking for a 135lber with ring experience for a bout on May8th in KY, and for possible future events. Please email bio’s to bogart6868@aol.com for more information.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Im confused. KnockOut2 ……. What’s your real name? lol

Bogart6868 is the guy that did my pics for the Arnolds this year.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:39 pm

I’m not the promoter…although my home town is in Kentucky. I was just passing along that info. That is a funny coincidence that it happens to be the same guy that did the pics at the Arnolds.

This is me…

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

lol ok, I gottcha 😀

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:15 pm

Where is this event being held in KY? Just curious, thats where I am located. I have to say though that there aren’t a lot of us gals out there fighting though. Good luck with the search.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:15 am

There has been an event in Kentucky since early 2003. It sucks, because I moved from Louisville, KY to Tucson, AZ right before that promotion started up. They are held in Lexington, I believe.

I had a couple traininer partners in KY who had girlfriends that trained with them. One girl showed a lot of potential. She was really small, but very tough. Not sure if she was thinking of competing or what. I think she could’ve been competative. I’ll bet she barely breaks 100 lbs though.

I wonder how many women out there are like that…where they have the potential to compete (the heart, the drive, mental toughness etc) but they simply aren’t aware of competition options.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:58 am

Damn…owensboro. You’re like 3 hours from Lexington. But you’re right next to HooknShoot in Evansville.

You’re just as far from Nashville as Lexington. I think there are some regular things that happen in Nashville….Amateur MMA events and some big grappling events. When I was living in Kentucky, I always heard about events happening in Nashville, but I never went to them. You should check that out.

Hook
    Post subject: Ky doesn’t have much potenial for MMAPostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:25 pm

I am like a lot of the girls around here. I started training, or shall I say being my husbands sparring partner. That is how I got my feet wet. As he advanced and trained six days a week in Evansville, I stayed home and got my lessons from him. With all the gas that it took to get to Evansville on top of the cost of all the classes, someone had to keep up a full time job. 😀

My husband has traveled quite a bit for his training so we have been very fortunate as far as finding some MMA events. We have been to a few in Nashville, three in Atlanta, and one in Memphis. But of coarse our favorite of all time is Hook n Shoot.

I am sure that like a lot of women here in KY that aren’t from a huge city, there isn’t that much of an oppurtonity for us to train. I have had the luxery of training in Atlanta for a few months, but there isn’t any schools here for me.

For the training that I have had for the past six years, I shall say that I do pretty good for not ever really being formally trained. But I just wish that there was more of an oppurtunity for us to have a place to go.

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:29 pm

I might add that where I am from, there isn’t a vast knowladge of MMA. They all think that for the most part that it is Karate, or something of that nature. Some of them even think that UFC is a SHOW like wrestling. And hardly anyone has eever heard of PRIDE. It is a shame that most people don’t even know that there is an event like HnS that is just a thirty minute drive away. As far as MMA has come, I think that we still have a long way to go.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

30 minutes drive to Evansville?

I took a Mikey Burnett seminar in Evansville…I think the owner of the club was Shawn White. I can’t remember the name of the club, but they had fighters in Hook n Shoot a lot. I believe Aaron Riley got his start at this club. I keep thinking that the letters for the club are ECS….like extreme combat sport or something. That sounds like a promotion, not a club though. Hmmm….

It seems like there would be a good offering of clubs to train in the Evansville area, due to HnS being there for years. Of coure, this does not consider their openness for females training with them.

Good luck!

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:17 pm

ACS Advanced Combat System. Yes his name is Shawn White. My husband trained there. Yes Aaron did train there. Tito has been there as well as Mikey. The school is now closed though.

My husband now trains at a school there called Rising Pheniox. He loves it there. I however do not get to train, for I can’t afford to make the trip with my work schedule. When I have time off they don’t offer the class. It is a really small school, but my hubby has learned a lot there.

DaManchild
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:12 am

hey Hook, i train at rising phoenix. who is your husband? what arts does he do?
    manchild

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:34 pm

Manchild,

I have heard that you are anawesome practioner in kickboxing an JJ. You are the the one that got bored one day and threw my hubby around doing takedowns. Just kidding. His name is Curtis. He only trained in the summer over there because of the drive and the weather. My husband went to JJ and CSW.

By the way I heard about you having your legs shaved by some chicks while you were drunk. Hopefully it all grew back okay. 😆

Hows the training going? You going to HnS?

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:36 pm

By the way did Bruce get his red stripe, and did he compete in thePan Ams? if so how did it go?

DaManchild
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:45 pm

hey hook, what is your last name? i cant remember, sorry, we have so many people come and go i just cant keep track. yes i will be going to HnS, i help train won of the fighters in muay thai. Julie, she is awesome and has serious power. Bruce did get his red stripe and got his professor stripe. he is awesome. i dont believe he has competed unless it slipped my mind. r u training? where?
    manchild

Last edited by DaManchild on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:16 am

I haven’t really formally trained in a school. I have worked with hy husband a lot and some guys out of Atlanta. There aren’t any schools here in Owensboro that really train in MMA. I was going to go with my husband to your school but my work hours didn’t really work out. By the way my last name is Craig.

My hubby liked the way that you two sparred. You took off your belt and told him not to be intimidated by the color of your belt. And reminded him that you aren’t Bruce.

I would really like to start training though. Curtis and I just got finished doing armbars from the gaurd. Of coarse I then let him practice a lot more on me. He is more advanced. He is really tryin to work on certain moves with me. You know what they say position befoe submission. We will see how it goes.

I am sure that Curtis will point you out at the fights tommorow night. Hope to see you there. Will you be on the floor before the fights?

DaManchild
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:40 am

i will probally be on the balcony, those are the best seats. if you guys see me stop by and say hi. since our school doesnt have the best hours for you with your work schedule, maybe you and curtis could come over for privates sometime. i am available for privates as are many other very good guys. also we are about to move to a new school, it will be 6x’s the size of our main training room now. it is going to rule. talk to ya later.
    manchild

Last edited by DaManchild on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:48 am

Thanks Knockout2 for posting this, I have a considerable thread here and did not even know it.

I am the matchmaker for the Kentucky Fighting Challenge,
    The May 8th show is in Lexington, KY, we are currently looking at venues all over the state though and will be expanding to new locations this summer. I have had several female matches in the past and would like to continue to have girl fights on future cards. I am interested in boxing, kickboxing and MMA bouts, all sizes and experience levels. If your interested in more information about attending one of my shows, or participating, please feel free to send your questions to Tim at bogart6868@aol.com.

Thanks –
    Tim

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:52 am

Your welcome Tim!

I didn’t realize that you’re also interested in Kickboxing bouts. I have a lot of connections with that. I mean a LOT, if you want Kickboxing bouts on your card. Email me at Brian@AxKickboxing.com to discuss details of what you are looking for.

Shyenne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:04 pm

Just dropped in to say hi to Tim 😀

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?