WARRIOR WOMEN: Debi’s All-Female Promotion

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

erinjwebb
    Post subject: WARRIOR WOMEN: Debi’s All-Female Promotion Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:48 am

This past weekend, Debi Purcell and Helen Shelby announced their All-Female Pro/AM Promotion, “Warrior Women”. For more information, see FighterGirls.com News

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:45 am

that is absolutely awesome!

totally exciting for womens mma!

thankyou thankyou thankyou!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:01 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

This is awesome news. I mean, who better to promote female fighting then a female fighter…..and one of the best at that! I think we all can help and get the message out, so can you give us a bit more information to pass out. I’m sure a lot of the ladies will be interested in this. 😀

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Fightergirls.com is still looking for female fighters to join our fight team. Please feel free to send me your information if interested.

Thanks
    Chad

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:02 pm

Some people here might be asking who Helen Shelby is : Her Husband is the match maker for the UFC and Helen is a big part of that. She knows everything there is to know about MMA and a really nice person (unlike me) hahaha
    Chad

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 pm

I wonder how this organization will compete with FFF.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:23 am

Sako wrote:
    I wonder how this organization will compete with FFF.
    There really shouldn’t be any competition between WW and FFF unless they both hold events on the same day and in the same area. This is just another great opportunity for the girls to get more fights and the fans to see more great fights. 😀

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:27 pm
    Instructor

That’s great news! Another venue for women to showcase their skills is always welcome!

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:30 pm

niiiice stuff…the more the better! 😀

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:35 am

It would be awesome to fight for this promotion one day!

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 am

I hope they do a better job of getting their DVDs out than FFF does.

feldmanfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:10 am
    Amateur Fighter

any chance the folks on the east coast will see any of this action…

sure hope so!!!! 😀

Jilly the Fighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:29 pm

This is extremly exciting! 😀
    I am still pretty green, but I look forward to seeing more Female MMA events!

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Now that Debi is a promoter, in addition to being an assistant IFL coach, running a webpage, owning her own clothing line, and not finding anybody that wants to fight her, does this mean we might never get to see her fight again?

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:46 am

Sako wrote:
    Now that Debi is a promoter, in addition to being an assistant IFL coach, running a webpage, owning her own clothing line, and not finding anybody that wants to fight her, does this mean we might never get to see her fight again?
    I don’t know Debi but I do know Never say Never. Especially for someone as driven as her.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:53 am

I would think this new venture would increase our chances of seeing Debi compete again. I mean, who better to be in the main event of a “Warrior Women” event then Debi Purcell herself. 😀

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:16 am

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    I would think this new venture would increase our chances of seeing Debi compete again. I mean, who better to be in the main event of a “Warrior Women” event then Debi Purcell herself. 😀

I am sure you will see her fight on the card and also the fightergirls fight team. There are also some other big names in women MMA that want to be on the card.

Chad

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:02 am
    Instructor

chad wrote:
    ShdwPrwler wrote:

I am sure you will see her fight on the card and also the fightergirls fight team. There are also some other big names in women MMA that want to be on the card.

Chad
    As much as I’d like to see Debi return to the ring/cage, I don’t like the idea of a promoter fighting on her own card. It’s a conflict of interest, IMO. I also hate to see a gym decide that they are going to promote fights and put their guys on the cards. I know a lot of people do this but I just don’t think it’s a good idea.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:47 pm

Rikki wrote:
    As much as I’d like to see Debi return to the ring/cage, I don’t like the idea of a promoter fighting on her own card. It’s a conflict of interest, IMO. I also hate to see a gym decide that they are going to promote fights and put their guys on the cards. I know a lot of people do this but I just don’t think it’s a good idea.
    In some cases I would agree with you, but not in this one. In this case, I think that having Debi fight for “Warrior Women” is the equivalent to Oscar de la Hoya fighting for “Golden Boy Promotions”. “Warrior Women ” is the perfect vehicle for Debi to showcase her skills against other world-class fighters and as the promoter, she should be able to negotiate around the obstacles that prevented these match ups from all ready taking place.

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:05 pm

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    Rikki wrote:
    In some cases I would agree with you, but not in this one. In this case, I think that having Debi fight for “Warrior Women” is the equivalent to Oscar de la Hoya fighting for “Golden Boy Promotions”. “Warrior Women ” is the perfect vehicle for Debi to showcase her skills against other world-class fighters and as the promoter, she should be able to negotiate around the obstacles that prevented these match ups from all ready taking place.
    very well said. I totally agree. 8)

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I am most likely not fighting on this show (the first one anyway)

I have other obligations to some other promotions right now for myself, which hopefully will further help the sport for us girls, and open some more doors and even help W2

My reasons are not because of “ show conflict of interests though, more because it would be unwise to spread myself so thin on the first show. (Jeff Osborn’s advice to me years ago !

Our goal is that regardless of what happens to our beloved sport & when the hype, novelty, and entertainment value of women’s mma starts to die down, there will always be warrior women, a solid promotion to compete in, one that is owned, operated, and created by women who care about the women in this sport, as well as the future, and growth of women’s MMA. After all that is why this little site was started. and Warrior Women is the natural progression of that.

That is and always will be our primary goal.

If some how me fighting on the show helps our success, I will be willing, but it’s looking like that night at least the first one, I will be working, making sure everyone else’s needs are being met. And that I am busy promoting the other women of the show, as they are the KEY to its success

skiistari
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Debi,
    Any chance of getting an all-women’s jiujitsu tourny set up?

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:05 pm

skiistari wrote:
    Debi,
    Any chance of getting an all-women’s jiujitsu tourny set up?
    There is no point, since just about every jiujitsu/grappling tournys has female divisions. Tournys are different from promotions, tournys get paid by the competitors, promotions pay the competitors. A tournament organizer wants as many divisions as possible so he can get as many people paying to compete in the tournament as possible. A promotion is the exact opposite, because they don’t want to have too many fighters to pay and too many fights to set up in too many different divisions. This is probably the real reason why Dana White doesn’t want female division(or any more male weight divisions) in the UFC. Can you imagine how hectic things would be for the UFC management if they had about 20 male and female weight classes?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?