Watanabe vs. Shinashi – 3 Days Left Watanabe Speaks to Media

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Watanabe vs. Shinashi – 3 Days Left Watanabe Speaks to Media Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:44 pm

From The Best Place on God’s Green Internet:

Quote:

“I won’t make a mistake”, Hisae Watanabe proclaimed at her open practice session for the media. The session was held in light of Watanabe’s August 4th showdown with Satoko Shinashi for the DEEP Women’s Flyweight Championship, within the confines of GUTSMAN Dojo today. Twice Watanabe took to the mitts, displaying the boxing skills that have earned her one of the highest KO ratings in MMA. After shadow boxing for 3 minutes, GUTSMAN Dojo President Naoki Sakurada took hold of the mitts while Hisae again pounded them with the force that has made her so revered.

“I have to really watch my pacing. I can’t be impatient or make one mistake, or else I’ll be thrown or possibly lose,” Watanabe commented regarding her gameplan for the fight, “Its a big fight but I’m definitely going to come out the winner.”

Reflecting on the possibility of gassing, Watanabe remarked,”In the first round, I’m going to relax and keep my tank full for later rounds.”

“My opponent tries to avoid striking so I’ll be looking to avoid grappling, as well,” Watanabe commented before ending the conference with,”I won’t make a mistake and I’ll win because of that.”

DEEP Executive Office Presents DEEP: 25th Impact
    August 4th, 2006
    Korakuen Hall
    Tokyo, Japan
    Doors Open: 17:30
    Fights Start: 18:30

Tentative Fight Card (Card Subject To Change):

2R 5M
    Andre Nishino (INFIGHT) vs. Shigeyuki Uchiyama (Team GRABAKA)

2R 5M
    LUIZ (Zendokai Yokohama) vs. Yuki Ito (A-Square)

2R 5M
    Chikara Sato (SK Absolute) vs. Hiroshi Kobayashi (U-FILE Camp Noborito)

2R 5M
    Tomohiko Hori (Freelance) vs. Kazutaka Omigawa (Mach Dojo)

2R 5M
    Tomoyoshi Iwamiya (Takada Dojo) vs. Kim Dong Hyun (CMA KPW)

2R 5M
    Anthony Netzler (TEAM Boon!) vs. Muscle Hiranuma (Club EDO)

3R 5M
    Isamu Sugiuchi (Team ROKEN) vs. Takeshi Yamazaki (Team GRABAKA)

3R 5M
    Hidehiko Hasegawa (SK Absolute) vs. Ryan Bow (Kaminari Dojo)

3R 5M
    Daisuke Ishii (Freelance) vs. Roan Carneiro (Brazilian Top Team)

3R 5M
    Masakazu Imanari (Team ROKEN) vs. Fredson Paixao (Gracie Barra Combat Team)

3R 5M
    Kousei Kubota (Freelance) vs. Jutaro Nakao (Freelance)

For The Vacant DEEP Women’s Lightweight Championship
    48 KG, 2R 5M
    Hisae Watanabe (Freelance) vs. Satoko Shinashi (Freelance)

3R 5M
    Xavier Foupa-Pokam (TEAM Boon!) vs. Ryuta Sakurai (R-BLOOD)
    My Japanese translation could’ve been better. But no less, get hyped!

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Great stuff there and on Sherdog.PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:29 am
    Pro Fighter

Jordan,

really digging the great press youand your fellows at CVTA have been giving the Joshi Kaku scene. I too am really stoked about this fight and was there live when Shinashi won the first one. Shinashi was part of AACC at the time and I was there to cheer her on and it was one of the most exciting fights i can remember watching live. The fight made me a fan of Hisae as well though and I bought a Hisae towel after the match.

If you check out my site in the out of the ring section I have a recent pic up of me an Hisae and an old one of me an Shinashi. I am hyped about this fight!

Josh

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:15 am

Watanabe defeats Shinashi by KO in the first round. Arguably an upset, though Watanabe is one of a handful who could plausibly beat Shinashi.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:04 pm

MY BABY’S THE CHAMPION, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg omg omg omg omg omG

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Re: Great stuff there and on Sherdog.PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Quote:
    Jordan,

really digging the great press youand your fellows at CVTA have been giving the Joshi Kaku scene. I too am really stoked about this fight and was there live when Shinashi won the first one. Shinashi was part of AACC at the time and I was there to cheer her on and it was one of the most exciting fights i can remember watching live. The fight made me a fan of Hisae as well though and I bought a Hisae towel after the match.

If you check out my site in the out of the ring section I have a recent pic up of me an Hisae and an old one of me an Shinashi. I am hyped about this fight!

Josh
    This isn’t Jordan, this is the other CVTA guy, the non-Canadian, Benoit Barberousse.

Also, pics:

ALL HAIL THE EMPERESS!!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?