Weight loss?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sassy
    Post subject: Weight loss? PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 am

I want to lose som weight to join another weightclass. I want to lose about 8 kilograms. I’m training kickboxing 4 times a week and weighttraining 3 times a week starting with 15 minuites of cardio.
    Is there anyone who has good advice for me, maybe a diet or something ?

Sassy

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

http://www.fightergirls.com

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:34 am

now you gals can tell me if you are at your weight or not/

doctor scarce
    recommends

tight fitting apparel for mma females/

forgive my 1940’s mentality……ha ha/lol/

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 am
    Instructor

I recommend a diet where you don’t eat processed sugar. Look up the “meat, leaf, and berry” diet.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:58 pm

Well if you’re training to fight, you usually end up running a LOT so you might just lose it doing that… my instructor wants us to run 3miles/day every day. I personally prefer exercise to dieting, but that’s me- and if you have to do it anyways, you might as well see if that works before you start counting calories.

Oh yeh- brownies are bad. 😆

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

oh man, oh man…;_; I thought I was doing so well because I cut out all fried food and junk and I’m still at the same weight I was at three weeks ago. 😥 So then my mom comes in and says, “So if you’re cutting weight, why are you having two bananas in a row between meals?”

…. GAH and raisins…there’s so much sugar in fruit that I might as well be eating candy. I used to give advice for dieting but now I’m going to shut up because I have 7 lbs of fat to lose before march 5th, and it is seriously not cool.
    /end self pity rant

Good luck! 🙂

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:44 pm
    Instructor

I was doing the meat, leaf, and berry thing and working out 5-6 days a week before my fight in Nov. and lost the 15 lbs. that I needed to lose in order to make weight. Since then I haven’t really been on the diet but I’ve been cutting way back on the processed sugars. I ate whatever I wanted to for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had a lot of egg nog and rum on New Years. And I’m only working out 4 days a week now. But I’ve lost another 15 lbs. since my fight and I’m still losing.
    Just my “success” story, it may not work for everyone though.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

So does that make you around 120 now??
    I’d like to go to 125. Tell me more about the meat, leaf, berry thing. Pretty much I’m allergic to everything else anyway!! Can you email me? I couldn’t find anything on the web.
    Curious.
    Thanks,
    Heather

Sassy
    Post subject: HmmmPostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:59 am

Sorry! I forgot to tell you…

I don’t eat red meat… Only chickenfillets, fish and seafood.
    But maybe you can do the diet with vegetarian protein instead?
    Maybe you can email me too Rikki?

Sassy

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:59 am
    Instructor

Yeah, I’m weighing in around 120 -125 right now. I’ve lost 4 1/2″ in my waist and 5″ in my hips….I feel great!! I guess my next fight will be at 115 lbs.

I’d be happy to outline the diet for you guys, just let me know where to send it to.

Oh, and Sassy, this diet will still work without red meat.

Sassy
    Post subject: hard to find!PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:05 pm

Hi Rikki!

I can’t find the diet you’re talking about… Do you have a homepage or something so I can check it out?

It sound very good to me…

Sassy

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:44 pm
    Instructor

Sassy,

I don’t but I will email the details to you if you’d like.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hi Rikki,

My email is great_laughter@hotmail.com

Sorry Chad…

Heather

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:42 pm
    Instructor

Heather,

You have mail!

Sassy
    Post subject: Thanks!PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:52 am

My email is

carlson_sandra@hotmail.com

//sassy

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 am

http://www.fightergirls.com

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:34 am

now i know what to eat….when to eat…how to eat..

..oh……….its only…for gals/

…just took a look at the covergirl/….priceless/

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:02 am
    Instructor

Sassy,

You have mail!

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:44 am

Rikki,

I am also interested in the diet. Can you e-mail it to me at dragonessa@adelphia.net. Thanks

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:26 pm
    Instructor

Hook,

I just sent it.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

I know that you have a resting metabolic rate, and if you don’t eat (i.e starvation diet) your body, well, goes into starvation MODE and you stop buring as many calories.

🙁

Does anybody know if eating lettuce and like…cellery can help keep the rate up, simply because it’s food? and has like no calories? because I’m cutting and I need to know… 😥

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am
    Pro Fighter

Hey Roxy,

That starvation mode is triggered by caloric intake, not simply eating.
    Try 1/2 cup of steel cut oats in the morning with a cup of berries. that combo packs 20 grams of fiber – sure to fill you up for a long time, provide calories and help keep your body functioning properly.

There is a great dressing called follow your heart. 50 calories and no yucky stuff. instead of just lettuce, try a big bowl of salad with dark greens, red onion, radishes and cucumber with a bit of dressing. it’ll have roughly 70 calories and about 5 grams of fiber which will provide your bod with a little more to ‘chew’ on than a fist full of iceberg.

Think of your metabolism like burning a fire…if you put too much wood on the fire will go out, if you put to l ittle, it will die out, but if you give it a small log often it will burn at a steady rate. Sometimes it will need a couple logs and some poking.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

wow, nice! thanks!

purple_octopus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:48 am

Hi everyone. I just found this forum today. 🙂 I am also interested in this meat-leaf-berry diet. Would someone mind hooking the new girl up? purple22octopus@gmail.com

I’m coming to a point of frustration right now. I’ve been training BJJ pretty consistently – 2.5 to 3 hours, four days a week – for the last 6 weeks. I’ve been doing cardio 45 minutes, 2 days a week and weights 1 day a week. (Prior to training BJJ, I was doing cardio 45 min x 4 days, weights 3 days a week, so you can see I’ve cut down on weight training quite a bit). I haven’t changed my eating habits, and I’m a lot more tired & sore (although not nearly as sore as I was week 1). However, I am gaining weight. 😯 I figured I’d give my body 6 weeks to adjust, and wouldn’t make any changes until then, and here I am. I need to make a change, I just don’t know what to change yet.

I’m 5’9″, and my weight bounced between 145-150. I weighed myself this morning, and I’m at 157! Previously, I was at 15% body fat based on biolectrical impedence tests, and I haven’t been tested since I started training BJJ. My clothes aren’t fitting any differently, so maybe I shouldn’t be worried. When I was at 145-150, I wanted to be down to about 140-145 and about 12% body fat, so you might understand why I’m concerned. These numbers aren’t going in the right direction. Anybody have any advice for the newbie?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:18 am
    Instructor

Did you start gaining weight after you started weight training?
    When I started lifting weights I weighed around 130. I was also doing a low-carb diet. I lifted for about 3 months; when I was done I had gained 15 lbs and none of my clothes fit….and it wasn’t all muscle.
    I don’t know what caused it and nobody could tell me. I know this doesn’t help, just know that you aren’t the only one!!

BTW, I just sent the Meat, Leaf, & Berry Diet info to you.

purple_octopus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:29 am

Rikki wrote:
    Did you start gaining weight after you started weight training?
    When I started lifting weights I weighed around 130. I was also doing a low-carb diet. I lifted for about 3 months; when I was done I had gained 15 lbs and none of my clothes fit….and it wasn’t all muscle.
    I don’t know what caused it and nobody could tell me. I know this doesn’t help, just know that you aren’t the only one!!

BTW, I just sent the Meat, Leaf, & Berry Diet info to you.

Thanks Rikki!

No, I’ve been lifting weights for several years, and I was a pretty solid 145. I have a little fat in my tummy and sides that I could stand to get rid of (I swear, there are abs under there somewhere. 🙂 ) I’ve actually cut down on my weight training for two reasons: 1) I honestly don’t have the time to train BJJ for 3 hours and then lift weights for 2 more, and 2) I had to drop my gym membership to afford BJJ classes (so now I’m doing everything at home with free weights). Thanks for your input. It’s frustrating, to be sure.

spidermenda
    Post subject: DietPostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 am

Hey Rikki can you email me that MEat, Berry and Leaf Diet if you still have it? I am trying to get back down to 145 to do some fights for this summer or fall. That would be great!

fmenda@hotmail.com

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:39 am

Rikki,

Can you send the diet details to me also? please send it to fitnrip5@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:11 am
    Instructor

You both have mail!

meltdawn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:58 am

Rikki,

i eat a diet of 1/2 cooked food, 1/2 raw food, and most of the cooked food is meat of some sort. so my fruits and veggies are usually raw. i try to go all organic. is your diet like this? i’d love to see it, can you send it to
    meltdawn2@yahoo.com

thanks!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 am
    Instructor

No, cooked or raw doesn’t really matter with this diet. It focuses on cutting out processed sugar and bad carbs. I’m sending it now.

meltdawn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:17 am

thank you! i have found that in eating so much raw food, i cut out so much of the processed, preservative-loaded crap that’s out there.

also, a note on avoiding breads, i did this and found that my sinus problems were food allergies! of course this sucks because i love beer. that’s a whole other story.

i stay totally away from sodas now, especially diet sodas. i was a diet mt. dew junkie for 10 years. i had tons of haunting muscle pain and sensitivity. when my doc told me to drop the diet sodas, the pain went away. i did some research and found out aspartame is basically poison and that other people had my symptoms.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am
    Instructor

I had to quit eating and drinking anything with aspartame because it was giving me “icepick migraines”. As soon as I dropped the diet soda the migraines went away.

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 am

Thanks Rikki. I dont need it the diet personally but I am always interested in new diets and training techniques.

I started incorporating running more into my workout to cut up a bit for summer….ok, ok, it is to get rid of my fat gut…anyway, For the first time ever (I was no fan of running), just this week, I felt really good while running. Actually enjoying the run. It was a actually a bit euphoric…the endorphins must have been running wild. Maybe it was all the noxious gasses of NYC, haha

Anybody ever have the same feeling?

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:37 pm

[quote=”BrianP”]Thanks Rikki. I dont need it the diet personally but I am always interested in new diets and training techniques.

I started incorporating running more into my workout to cut up a bit for summer….ok, ok, it is to get rid of my fat gut…anyway, For the first time ever (I was no fan of running), just this week, I felt really good while running. Actually enjoying the run. It was a actually a bit euphoric…the endorphins must have been running wild. Maybe it was all the noxious gasses of NYC, haha

Anybody ever have the same feeling?[/quote]

I was an avid runner for years. I haven’t been able to run, due to having a torn miniscus in my right knee, for about 2 years now. However, back when I did run, that euphoria you speak of was an everyday thing for me. I miss running like i’ts nobodies business… God, I’m such an endorphine junkie… 😉

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Rikki,

You’ve had so many requests for hte diet, why don’t you just post it here, or provide a link to it on the forum. 🙂

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:08 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    Rikki,

You’ve had so many requests for hte diet, why don’t you just post it here, or provide a link to it on the forum.

I suppose that makes too much sense. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?