West Coast Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2004!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

siouxzyc
    Post subject: West Coast Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2004!PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:13 pm

FIRST WEST COAST JIU-JITSU TOURNAMENT

The organizers of the highly successful United Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tournament of 2004 decided to bring to you another action packed tournament in the early fall the first West Coast Jiu-Jitsu Tournament.

Charles and Ralph Gracie would personally like to invite you to join us and compete in the first West Coast Jiu-Jitsu Tournament, to be held here in Northern California, USA. The competition will take place on September 25th, 2004 at 10 AM in the Main Gym of San Francisco State University located at 1600 Holloway Ave. in San Francisco, California. Our last tournament (United Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tournament) yielded 475 competitors from around the country and many competitive matches that provided the crowd of 2,100 with a weekend of excitement. In our highly anticipated 1st year, we expect over 550 athletes and over 2,600 spectators with even more exciting matches. Our tournaments have become one of the premiere US tournaments due to all the support it has received from the academies, athletes, and spectators. Men, women, and children of all age groups and belt levels, from white to black belts are invited to compete and attend. All Athletes in first and second places will be awarded with gold and silver medals respectively.

To insure that the tournament runs smoothly, we strongly recommend that you be at the tournament by 9:00am on Saturday. The competition will begin promptly at 10:00am with an opening ceremony. In addition to awards, all athletes will receive free tournament T-shirts and a free energy drinks. We would love to have you and all the athletes, spectators, family, martial artists, etc. gather in this friendly atmosphere that will help promote the great art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

We have included a link which will bring you to the website http://www.charlesgracie.com/west-tourn.htm that has complete information regarding registration, rules, and other general information about the first West Coast Jiu-Jitsu Tournament. If you have any questions, please, feel free to contact us at the following;
    Phone: (650) 756-7579
    Fax: (650) 756-1260
    e-mail: charles@charlesgracie.com

Sincerely,

Charles & Ralph Gracie
    United Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:33 am
    Pro Fighter

I would need to have heard of this another month or so a head of time so I could make reservations and get tickets and plan. 🙁 I have other plans now… This month alone I’ve heard about like 3 tournaments/fights August 28th…like FIVE days before. That doesn’t help! 😛

siouxzyc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:09 am

i completely understand! i heard of a few seminars on August 28 but not until after they happened! however, three and a half weeks is much better than five days, right? 🙂

in 2005, ralph and charles are hoping to put on two tournaments: United Gracie in May and West Coast in September.

maybe we should start using the calendar on here more? how do we submit events to be displayed on there?

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:15 pm

I can post events on the calendar. If you know of something that’s coming up and it’s not on there just shoot me an email: aliciaanthony@cox.net.

-Alicia

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?