What is too much?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Roebozz
    Post subject: What is too much? Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 pm

Is there such a thing as doing too much running? I’ve typically been running at least 2 miles a day on pavment or tredmill depending on the weather, shouldn’t you be running each day? some people tell me that it’s great-its healthy! other tell me i’m over doing it.

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:02 pm

My friend Teresa O’toole runs 6 miles a day and she’s in fantastic shape. Now I doubt running that much is at all necessary, but I figure as long as you’re not suffering from shin splints all the time, running is great (though I hate it myself lol)

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:22 am
    Pro Fighter

I run alot as well- or else i gets jiggly 😉 ; you might want to just pay attention to how your body is feeling. Sometimes my lower back hurts; and your shins can feel sore. I am not to sure if there is such thing as too much- everyone is different. But I actually talked to a triathelite who said pay attention to form, where you are comfty, and also run according to your heartrate to make sure you are benefitting from your run. Also, make sure you invest in good running shoes- i cant run on a treadmill- only outside, they matter alot. Hope any of this helps!
    ~AJ

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:04 pm

I cannot run on the ThreadMill, if I do then I am the type who happens to be face first into the floor. LMAO……

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:16 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

There is such a thing as too much running.

Case in point: that guy who ran a marathon every day in each U.S. State and D.C.

Roebozz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:23 am

you guys are great!
    thank you for the replys

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:20 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

just remember if you are running and or excersising a lot, protien and water help your body recover the quickest, and remember to listen to your body, if you are dragging, maybe make it a light day.

Roebozz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:22 pm

I could not sleep the other night-my legs were cramping so bad i had to walk around the house-for hours i was up! i figured it was from running earlier and then going to bjj, i just learned that a banana would do the trick

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:44 pm
    Pro Fighter

[quote=”Ashly”]Now I doubt running that much is at all necessary, but I figure as long as you’re not suffering from shin splints all the time, running is great (though I hate it myself lol)[/quote]

I have to totally disagree. Running is key!!! It is very necessary. I personally hated running and had to start when I broke my hand. It has helped a tun. It affects me mainly for recovery time inbetween rounds. I do some days with a nice easy jog for about 2-3 miles. The last 1/2 mile or so I push untill I can hardly go anymore. I also do hill sprints and stairs as well. I have a lot of fights and running definatly helps! Like they say, listen to your body but also push your self and take a little pain! Thats the name of the game.

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I just meant running 6 miles a day as apposed to 2 or 3 miles 😛

Roebozz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:58 pm

I just signed up for a x-mas 5k marathon- should be fun.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

Good for you! Marathons are a great way to meet other poeple to run with too. Ive made some great freinds at marathons. Lisa has a good structure, stairs are good to try out on days you may not be doing distance. I do my running by time, regardless of the area. I figure 20 min will give you two miles; doing 40 min. ..so forth.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Oh your totally right Ashley! I took it as “running in general wasn’t necessary” apposed to running 6 miles may not be necessary. My bad :). I re-read it and what you said makes total sence.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?