What keeps you motivated?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

bwilli27
    Post subject: What keeps you motivated? Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 am

Here is my other one girls, what keeps you motivated when you train?

TheDestroyer
    Post subject: Motivation while trainingPostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:05 am

I have always found that keeping motivated is always important. A way I keep motivated is knowing that my opponent is training harder and more often than I am. If there is no fight scheduled I remember that there are others out there who will one day face me in the ring, and there are always people out there who are faster, better, and more driven. It is a mental thing really. You have to stay hungry. Sometimes the days get long and training becomes less appealing on some days. I look forward to training most of the time. Sometimes I watch a movie like Bloodsport or Best of the Best or listen to music. I listen to my intro music in my mp3 player, that usually does it….Good luck to your girl. 😀

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Well lately I have been working out and training with Debi, there’s never been anyone that has encouraged me more or pushed me to do better and keep going. I have become like a “project” for her, so to speak. So if I’m lazy and don’t want to go train, I feel like I let her down. So lately I’ve been consistent and motivated because I have a goal, which is to lose 30lbs (I am way too heavy at the moment) and compete in some grappling tourneys eventually. I also really like Muay Thai, a lot. More so than Jiu Jitsu, maybe I’m just more comfortable doing it. But whatever it is, I love it and look forward to going. So that’s my motivation. Basically what I am saying is that Debi may kick my ass if I don’t show up…lol 😆

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:39 am
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, I have various reasons: They’ve gone from feeling like I’m competing with my fellow women teammates for being the ‘alpha’ or top female in the dojo. Which I’m not IT’S HASHI GRRRR 😈 👿 👿 👿

er okay *ahem*

Sometimes it’s a cool person who I look forward to seeing at training. Sometimes it’s to work with cool people or friends who also train at the same place. Sometimes it’s ’cause I had a bad day and I want to punch something. Sometimes it’s ’cause I just want to play and am in a GREAT mood.

Sometimes I just want to go home and don’t want to train at all. Those times suck because I do anyway and usually get hurt. But my body carries me there anyway. If I don’t go, I’m weak and a wuss, so there’s basically no way I can’t NOT go if I’m physically able.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:02 am
    Instructor

I’ve been trying to find my motivation lately. 🙁 It used to be that I could tell myself that I was training for a fight that would happen in the near future. But I can’t fight again until I get insurance. Now I don’t know how to motivate myself. 😥

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:18 am

Rikki………

I feel ya. Not having a fight to motivate you can take the wind out of your sails. It’s a head trip for me to train & stay motivated. I’m old & wore out, but I still have something to prove.

When I realized that I had to just train to get better for myself, and maybe, just maybe I could get good enough to prove myself in the ring……..if even just once……that’s what keeps me going.

After Tanya died, I went back and read an interiew/article about her that I first saw here when I found out about women’s MMA and this site. She talked about “doing it, just to do one fight as her first goal” and I told myself “heck, I can do that!”

So that’s my goal………..just one fight.

Then I’ll decide what’s next.

That’s what motivates me, and I’m motivated

Thanks to Tanya for those first inspiring words that keep me going to this day 8)

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:41 am

Motivation to train is like anything that is good and positive…It keeps me out of trouble. 😀

But seriously, training keeps me away from negative people, alcohol, laziness, self doubt and eating poorly. I have never had a training session where I didnt walk out a bit smarter and a bit more hungry. My trainer wants to get me ready for my first fight in June, but it is not set in stone.

To be honest I am gonna train like it is set in stone. I want to be the best and I will train according. First fight or not. I want to do my best. 100% everytime.

bwilli27
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:39 am

Girls- I loved these responsese thanks for posting them…

I think my motivation right now is three fold.

– The girls I train with who are so amazing, so friendly, so encouraging and just make life fun. Talk about having some great friends, these girls are it.

-My coaches : The two coaches who teach the classes I take are totally different persoanalites but they are two of the most encouraging people you will ever meet. One is one of these very in your face, not afraid to push you, not afraid to tell you to leave it all on the mat and the other is a little more gentle but is always throwing out encouragment. They have always showed so much faith in my ability- I feel like I will let them down if I dont push myself.

– Improving- I ran my first 5K this last Sunday. Doing a 10 *crings* in June. Never thought that would happen.

Flyingdagger
    Post subject: motivationPostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:18 pm

I do Tai Chi Chuan and am one of the few who does it for fighting primarily. My teacher Chen YIngjun is Sydney is an excellent traditional and modern fighter. The probem is the existing paradigm: most people who come to class are not interested in fighting, not even the drills.

In Sydney I can only train with my teacher and spend more time flying or being launched into (my) swimming pool, he hasn’t got one. When I come to Europe there is more opportunities in Tai Chi Chuan, although most partners are from MMA, krav maga and Wing Chun(my former art). My teacher is open-minded and encouraging, I also feel when I don’t train I let him down

The one out there trains hard, so do I but I need more training. In one the other threads, I was asking for some clubs who want to train with me

Last edited by Flyingdagger on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?