What “rating systems” or thinking is being used?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

rudrah
    Post subject: What “rating systems” or thinking is being used? Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Is there a rough “points system” for rating fighters?

Doesn’t there have to be… for instance does an Elite Belt mean “Such and Such” compared to a Bodog Belt?

In the message posts I can see the thinking behind saying “I gave that fighter a higher place for such and such and that other fighter I dropped for fewer fights..” and so on. But I’m too uninformed to be able to piece all that together.

Is there an established formula like (WARNING – I am making up an entirely bogus system just as an example!)…

number of fights times 3 points per win,
    plus 2 points per draw ,
    minus 1 each loss
    minus 3 for each no show
    minus 1 point for each empty boast or running-bra ad in prime time

Because I am new to these boards maybe everybody has some system already at the back of their minds…

🙄

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:07 pm

It’s subjective. Even in boxing where they have rankings for contenders so many games and politics are played with different orgs it’s meaningless most times. The best way is to have a neutral credible party like Ring magazine doing rankings.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?