what ritual type thing (if any) do you do?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

anna
    Post subject: what ritual type thing (if any) do you do? PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:30 am

http://www.fightergirls.com

Hey lady’s (and gents 😀 )!
    Been reading this forum for a while now and must compliment you on a wicked sight. This is only my first post because I’ve not had anything worth saying/asking till now 😉
    I was just wandering if any of you that fight have some kind of ritual you like to do before you fight? I know a lot of people like to pray or do a dance of some sort, so i was hoping some one could enlighten me on various ways of fighting off the nerves? I know it’s probably quite a personal thing, but I’ve got my first mma fight (amateur) tomorrow and I’m well scared! Hehe
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:05 pm

Hey Anna! First and foremost.. I wish you the best of luck in your fight! Most imposrtantly.. have fun with it!

I have a lot of first time fighters that I work with in my events and on my team.. so I see lots of crazy things and funny pre-fight rituals.. I think the biggest advice is to relax.. stay well hydrated and mentally relaxed… Alot of fighters seem to catch a movie the day of the fight.. some like to hang around the hotel and watch fight tapes.. others like to be alone and sort of zone out.. The biggest key is that you do not want to waste alot of energy or add undue stress to yourself..

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:10 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Anna Good luck!!!!
    Tim already gave the good advice…..

Chad

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:11 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Anna,

Like Tim says, I just try to chill out and relax. I lie in bed listening to Jack Johnson a lot (I find his music really relaxs me for some reason…) and just go over a few things in my head. I’ve also knitted (I’ve got 4 neices so lots of things to knit!), which i found excellent as it kept my hands from fidgiting when i was a bit nervous, and also it took my mind off fighting.

I also find it helpful to spend time with a very positve friend or family member who will tell me just how wonderful i am and how i’m gonna kick this girl’s ass. I know it sounds a bit like i’m searching for an ego boost, but if you’re a bit nervous you can find that you start doubting your ability and having someone that you respect gently stroking your ego is all good! 😆 The worst thing you can do is go into a fight doubting your ability…

Another thing i find useful is the day before if i sit down and i go through in my head the way the day is going to plan out- from what time i wake up, when i’m getting my hair done, what i’m going to eat for lunch, when i’m going to go the venue etc- that means that as it all happens it all seems somewhat familiar and it makes you more relaxed….

So those are my rituals anyway. Hope the fight goes well for you 😀

Anthea

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:19 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Welcome to the board. I wish you the best of luck in your fight.

I have this little pink good luck bear I carry with me.

But I think the BEST advice someone gave me was . NO matter what happens win or lose. Worse case senerio is its over in 10 min. or however long your fight is. So I remind myself during prefight

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:12 am

brilliant, cheers guys, i really appreciate it.
    about to head off so no going back now 😛
    And thanks again!

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:37 am

Anna..Be sure to let us know what happens!

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:54 am

Hey Tim…… I won! It was really different to what i was expecting but good fun. And the advice was awesome-really helped me to keep telling myself not to waste energy on worrying too much. Was still dead nervous though 😛 Oooh-and it was an arm bar in round one 😉

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:31 pm

..who did you beat???????

what was your weight?????

was it ring or cage….?????

enquiring minds want to know????? whats up executioner
    ……i am still searching for vids…..i have a funny one…ha ha…

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:20 pm

i think her name was sharena. We fought at 65kg (though they didnt weigh us, i think i was giving a bit of weight away) and it was in a ring. And I totally understand the need for cages now-it’s so annoying getting stopped and moved back to the centre all the time 😕

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:45 pm

CONGRATS! on your win!

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:15 am

..good fight

practice your triangle like. rox///(((((((ROX)))))))))

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:45 am

scarce..you saw the fight? And cheers for advice…I need to work on more than just my triangles before i fight again though, I made sooooooo many mistakes 🙄

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:46 am

Hi Anna

Which show was your fight on?

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:32 pm

It was Yorkshire fight night lll in Doncaster. It was a really good show actually-some of the mens fights were outstanding. You’re with CCA right? Sounds like it was a good show, wish I could have come and watched. Where abouts do you hold CCA?

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:47 am
    Pro Fighter

CCA is in Hartlepool, North East.

It was a good show and the next one’s in July, but there is going to be a grappling tournament before that at our gym, May 8th I think.

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:53 am
    Pro Fighter

That was a bit weird that they didn’t weigh you, unless it was an open weight fight. I also fought Shireen and got told she weighed the same as me but when we weighed in I was 50kg she was 62 or 63kg, I still took the fight but if I’d have known earlier I wouldn’t have been watching my eating as much. It was my first amateur MMA fight and I lost by judges decision but it was very close, they said she won because of an armbar attempt that I got out of. But i was so happy anyway that I’d got in there and done it that I wasn’t bothered that I’d lost.

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:57 am

hey lisa-hows it going? Yeah the weight thing was a bit weird. Was kinda looking forward to weighing in too 😛
    so you fought her too? Shame about the decision but cool of you to take the fight despite a BIG weight difference. We were set to fight at 65kg so you were right about the difference. And on the day the organisers just said they were happy with how heavy we looked haha. You fighting any time soon? I heard something about you wanting to fight cage kickboxing at cage warriors quest or something?? 😯
    Big show! But it’s in my home town so if you are fighting let me know so i can come and support. Big up womens mma in the UK! woooo!

Mma girl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:11 am

Hey Anna and Lisa, nice to see you posting on here, I haven’t read the forum for ages. Well done again Anna on your first mma win, you must be well chuffed. Lisa, when did you fight the 62kg girl? bet that was a bloody hard match, but sounds like you did awesome 🙂 You two should try get over to quannum one day for some training, it would be cool to do some stuff with you guys, maybe we could arrange a day we could all get together and try get some more girls along, would be fun. (obviously not to restrict it to girls only though keiron ;))

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:23 am
    Pro Fighter

I fought Shireen in September 04, it was my first ever fight, it was 2 x 5 minute rounds and it was hard but I really enjoyed it and knew I’d have to do it again.

Turns out I will be fighting the same girl again at Cage Warriors Quest, 8th April in an MMA fight, so I am eating as much as I can to make up some weight, I’m trying to get to at least 52kg, I keep getting there but it’s maintaining it. I know I’ve giving weight away but it is a great opportunity, more experience and having fought her before I know I’ve improved since then and it was such a close fight that I AM going to win this time. I think I was a little too eager to get into the ring straight away, I’d only been training six months at that time and the basics weren’t solid enough but it was a great introduction and got the nerves out the way.

I definately want to come and train sometime after my fight.

CCA are having a grappling tournament soon at our new gym I think (but don’t quote me ) that it’s May 8th so if you fancy coming to that I’ll get Kieron to send you the info.

anna
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:28 am

groovey! best of luck for the cage warriors show. I reckon you’ll beat her no problem this time. She’s game but her striking is a bit wild. If you’re aggressive and just keep on attacking you won’t even notice the weight difference (i reckon 😛 ) Any chance you could get Keiron to mail me about the grappling comp? Is on my birthday but I’m sad hehe.
    And mmagirl-I’m gagging to get over to quannum! would have to be a sunday though, until summer anyway. What classes do you have on sundays if any? Do you reckon it’s asier to travel from manchester or sheffield?

Mma girl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:07 am

Good luck with the upcoming fight Lisa, unfortunatly ma and leigh will be in canada so I won’t be able to come and watch, so mail me and let me know how you got on.

I would love to take part in the next grappling tournament, the last one was loads of fun! Do you have my e-mail address? Also look forward to you coming to do some training 🙂

Anna, unfortunatly Quannum is closed on sundays 🙁 but maybe you could come up in your summer holidays for a few days.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?