When will be again a women MMA tournament like Remix/LLPW ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Executioner
    Post subject: When will be again a women MMA tournament like Remix/LLPW ?PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:15 am

Since I’ve watched the Remix 2000 event in and LLPW Cagefight Tournament in 1995 (First women MMA ever? who can tell me?)
    I’m beginning to wonder, if these were the best events ever in Woman MMA.
    And I think it is a yes….

But I wish to see the likes of Yumiko Hotta,Kandori, American,Russian and European women in one big tournament..
    That would be AWESOME!

Maybe some better and equal weight skills in that matter.

So NO Svetlana Gundarenko as a MMA fighter!
    That’s for sure!
    The 330 pound woman, that screwed the 1995 cage tournament….
    If one you seen that event you would know what I mean…
    Indeed she is most powerfull woman I ever seen in a MMA match, but her standup skills were a awfull display and I wouldn’t want to see her again in such tournaments.
    And the weightdifference is TOO big.
    That’s my opinion about Gundarenko…

But the question to you all is…

Is it still realistic to see such MMA woman tournament in Cage/Ring in the future?
    In Japan again or maybe in the USA?
    If you say No, then why not??

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:30 am

I want to hear some opinions people!! 8)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:28 am
    Pro Fighter

I think it will happen! Women’s fighting is taking off, and there’s all women’s events in Japan! There are definately good fights worthy of best moments. There was Cross Section April 18th, and there’s gonna be another smack girl may 16th!

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:07 am

Yeah, it definatly will happen. I couldn’t tell you when though. Hook n Shoot still seems to be America’s most female friendly promoter. They’ve been willing to put more than one women’s match on multiple cards and I don’t think any of the other promoters have done that. As far as a tournament goes, some of the weight classes lack depth but I think you could put together a pretty good tournament at 135. BTW What is LLPW?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:13 pm

tofu wrote:
    Yeah, it definatly will happen. I couldn’t tell you when though. Hook n Shoot still seems to be America’s most female friendly promoter. They’ve been willing to put more than one women’s match on multiple cards and I don’t think any of the other promoters have done that. As far as a tournament goes, some of the weight classes lack depth but I think you could put together a pretty good tournament at 135. BTW What is LLPW?
    LLPW is Ladies Legend Pro Wrestling

LLPW did a lot of “works” on their pro-wrestlingshows, with the likes of Yumiko Hotta and Shinobu Kandori.
    Good Pro wrestlers but hell they can fight MMA too!
    In fact they are great fighters and showed also their eagerness in the Cagefight Tournament in 1995.
    Also in 1998 there was a Cagefight event, but that wasn’t a tournament.
    But Headbutts en elbows were allowed.
    This was the line up in 1995.

Mizuki Endo vs. Yumiko Hotta
    Michelle Aboro vs. Svetlana Gundarenko
    Liz Africano vs. Shinobu Kandori
    Fieni Klee vs. Sandre Yurvi

But I have some questions too!
    Probably the first one Female MMA show in History??
    Who can tell me that?
    And what was the first official female MMA match in USA?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:19 pm

Rox21 wrote:
    I think it will happen! Women’s fighting is taking off, and there’s all women’s events in Japan! There are definately good fights worthy of best moments. There was Cross Section April 18th, and there’s gonna be another smack girl may 16th!
    Okay I agree with you, Smackgirl is there!
    But don’t forget, there are slightly different rules if you compare it with the LLPW Tournaments before in ’95 en ’98.
    And is it the same level as the fighters as Shinobu Kandori,Yumiko Hotta and Lioness Asuka?
    I’ve seen some good fights on Smackgirl show in 2002 but are some matches/fighters were really dissapointing.
    And shooto rules they use are also not the most favorite one…
    I hope they will change the “groundrules” on Smackgirl….
    What do you think?

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:47 pm

Half a minute on the ground will continue to be the norm in Smackgirl as far as I can see.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:01 pm
    Pro Fighter

Being a ground fighter I’m not fond of the 30 second ground rule, but I can see why they’d want to keep action going. They call it in Japanese “Atrakuto za audiansu..” i.e. “Attract the audience.” 🙂 I find that incredibly amusing Engrish. 😀

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:42 am

I think maybe they should give the referee more discrssion. Sometimes a fight can be on the ground and lots of things are going on. In these cases I think the refs should allow fighting to continue. But when it gets to be a total stalemate it is nice to see the fighters stand back up again. The other problem with the straight-up 30 second rule is that if one girl gets into a dominant position, sometimes her opponent will be able to escape an otherwise inescapable position by just holding on and holding out for the remaining seconds.

Spiderwoman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:33 am

Rox21 wrote:
    Being a ground fighter I’m not fond of the 30 second ground rule, but I can see why they’d want to keep action going. They call it in Japanese “Atrakuto za audiansu..” i.e. “Attract the audience.” 🙂 I find that incredibly amusing Engrish. 😀
    Yes I agree with you, but I would rather see, “punching on head allowed during groundfight” and by choise “elbows allowed”.
    I think that is right now not allowed at Smackgirl?
    Besides what I saw from Smackgirl-fights, is that there is almost no win by KO, mostly submission or points.

Joshi_Fan_sjt
    Post subject: MMAPostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:00 pm

I’ve heard that MMA is growing in popularity in japan, which is definitely a good thing…My question is will we see competition from the USA competing there or will this strictly be all japanese MMA? Not that that is a bad thing, but I would really like to see fighters such as Debi Purcell & Erin Toughill competing there as well….What do you think?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

I don’t want to put down Japanese women at all, but it seems like most of the women are either BJJ fighters or stand up fighters, and they’re all really light, usually under 63 kilo. So…I think it’s possible but not as likely? And MMA seems gentler here…no one gets all bloody and broken and stuff. (generalization…I’m sure it’s happened, but I haven’t whitnessed it). when I got hit with those shooto gloves in Smack girl, I barely felt anything, and there’s no punching to the face on the ground and stuff…so that’s probably why there’s no knockouts in smack.

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:12 am

I have a few Smack Girl videos and I noticed that when a fighter got bloody they would stop the fight momentarly to clean up the damaged woman. Kind of stupid I think, especially if it’s just a bloody nose. But are the gloves really different? You would know better than I, but they look the same as those used in other competitions.

I noticed also that hairpulling was not allowed in Smack Girl (I don’t know Japanese, but they laid out all the rules visually on one of the tapes. It was kind of funny. They would show a clip of the barred action in a fight and then cut to a stern looking lady shaking her head NO!) Anyway, I was just wondering how this compares to most other competitions. I had heard once that it was legal in UFC, but you really don’t see it too much in practice. It seems like a technique that could come in handy every now and then although I doubt it would force any submissions. Any thoughts?
    Erik

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:17 am
    Pro Fighter

Okay, I definately don’t know everything. ^_^ Thanks for the info. Actually I haven’t gotten hit full force with the UFC style gloves in the face (yet) but yeah the shooto gloves have tons more padding on the knuckles.

as for hairpulling? Um, no thank you. heh

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:46 pm

tofu wrote:
    I have a few Smack Girl videos and I noticed that when a fighter got bloody they would stop the fight momentarly to clean up the damaged woman. Kind of stupid I think, especially if it’s just a bloody nose. But are the gloves really different? You would know better than I, but they look the same as those used in other competitions.

I noticed also that hairpulling was not allowed in Smack Girl (I don’t know Japanese, but they laid out all the rules visually on one of the tapes. It was kind of funny. They would show a clip of the barred action in a fight and then cut to a stern looking lady shaking her head NO!) Anyway, I was just wondering how this compares to most other competitions. I had heard once that it was legal in UFC, but you really don’t see it too much in practice. It seems like a technique that could come in handy every now and then although I doubt it would force any submissions. Any thoughts?
    Erik
    Maybe it will change..
    I’ve heard Smackgirl has quit, maybe some other promotion is taking it over?
    As well for the rules then?

Joshi_Fan_sjt
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:52 am

Executioner wrote:
    Maybe it will change..
    I’ve heard Smackgirl has quit, maybe some other promotion is taking it over?
    As well for the rules then?
    The end of Smackgirl!? Where did you hear this!? I certainly hope that it is not true, I was really just starting to become a big fan of them…. 🙁

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:39 am

I’ve heard it from somebody…
    I’m checking out if there is a link of this news..
    Right now I’m doubting if it’s true.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

All my Japanese friends/sensei’s here in Japan tell me that Smack Girl is going bankrupt and they were surprised that they put on the last show. *whisper* The fight money also went down from what they usually pay….*normal voice* But I hope they keep going. They really did a lot for the sport, I think. Everyone knows their name now. (maybe)

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:03 am

Yes, I’ve heard some other Federation is taking it over.
    There name seems to be “Love Impact”… 🙄

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:01 am
    Pro Fighter

The names just keep getting better and better. At the last smack girl, they gave everyone nicknames. They were so rediculous, and if a fighter didn’t have one already, they gave one. Mine was “Blue eyes vibration.”

Uh,, I’m sorry to break it to them, but I don’t have blue eyes. OH well! As long as women can keep fighting, it’s all good.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:18 pm

love impact?

Blue eyes vibration?

That sounds like smile names or something.

Even so, it’s disappointing to hear that Smackgirl was going downhill. I wonder why. I hope it wasn’t because of the audience size.

Rox21…how big were the typical smackgirl audiences?
    Did they have PPV or any sort of TV coverage?

I’m really curious to know how the new org plans to market the event….with a name like love impact…I’m skeptical.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:48 pm
    Pro Fighter

Smack girl doesn’t have TV coverage I don’t think, although I was interviewed by some “samurai” channel that I can’t seem to locate anywhere now. but it might have been partially audience size. I’m not sure…I’m really bad at estimating audience size. maybe 500? but that’s including all the associates of the fighters who don’t pay. I know like 5 out of the 7 people who came to watch me/corner me got free tickets and stuff. I fought in “Cross Section” and they actually went on the air and *cough* paid more *cough* but whatever, I enjoyed both fights.

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:29 am

You officially have two MMA fights?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:54 am

Rox21 wrote:
    The names just keep getting better and better. At the last smack girl, they gave everyone nicknames. They were so rediculous, and if a fighter didn’t have one already, they gave one. Mine was “Blue eyes vibration.”

Uh,, I’m sorry to break it to them, but I don’t have blue eyes. OH well! As long as women can keep fighting, it’s all good.
    😆 😆 😆

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:55 am

I’ve also heard that Love Impact is from the Deep Promotion, maybe some of you know that MMA organisation.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

Dlirag,

I’ve had three, actually.

I thought smack girl people helped with Love impact..I guess I was wrong. cool.

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:48 pm

I see in Sherdog that one of the opponents was Natsuko Kikukawa. Who was the other one?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:04 am
    Pro Fighter

Tamai Keiko was my second opponent, and my first one was Hikaru Shinohara.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?