Where can I train?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Mandy
    Post subject: Where can I train?PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:26 pm

I recently got into training; my boyfriend has been training MMA for 10+ years, but our schedules don’t coincide well enough for me to train with him more than once a week, as he trains with 8 or 9 other guys about 3 days a week. Does anyone know where a decent place to take classes is, in the Detroit and surrounding areas? Thanks!

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Many

What’s your weight/hight/age and everything and what type of training are you looking for?

I train pretty much anything and am from Detroit. You can start kickin it with me and training if you want? I have a martial arts school in Warren that I run a grappling program out of. Other than that, I don’t drop myself to any one school anymore. I pretty much travel around and train and difference places learning from all.

Shoot me an email if your interested.

Lilmight1881@aol.com

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

Oh yeah, where are you currently training now and where is your boyfriend training?

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:00 pm

Thank you so much for the offer, I’m excited! I sent you an email with all my info, and I’m looking foreward to a reply. I don’t know you well but I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that you’re the coolest, Marie!

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well, you might not be the only one. Someone has told me imthe coolest before too. lol You can judge for yourself though when you see me. You wont be disapointed though. I’ll check your email and shoot ya an email right back. Give me a second.

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:39 pm

Silly me, I forgot to add that I’m also available all day Saturday and Sunday. Especially Sunday. My wonderfully mature boyfriend (who is surprisingly, actually, mature) is in his seventh year of hosting Dungeons and Dragons on Sunday afternoons. 🙄

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well if you want, I might be training on Sunday at this location http://www.ukiyodojo.com The address is on the front page. Email me your # and I will give you a call this weekend if we plan on training.

8)

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:18 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I think Jessica Ross teaches and trains in the Detroit area….. Have you tried to contact her????
    http://www.fightergirls.net/cgi-bin/php … ofile&u=41
    Chad

Jessica
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:33 pm

Hi Mandy! Welcome! I run women’s classes out of Walled Lake about a half hour northwest of the airport. http://www.warriorway.com I have 4 women only classes a week, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and we also train with the men. We would love to have you!

Feel free to email me at JessicaAnnR@aol.com I have about 20 women of all levels and of course BJJ/NHB and Muay Thai all out of our school of over 200 students. You are welcome to stop in and see us.

Hey even the “coolest Marie” stops by from time to time! haha Hi Marie…

Hope to hear from you Mandy!

Jessica Ross

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:08 pm
    Pro Fighter

Wad up Jess!

Yeah, I talked to Mandy already. She’s got a hard schedule to go by. She works from 3pm-12midnight. I was going to suggest your class to but then she told me that. I told her that she can work with me on my days off in the mornings. I still have to get everything straightened out.

Hey Jess, she said that she has the weekends free. You don’t teach on Sat do you?

Jessica
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:21 am

Not an official class, but I’m there! I could working out something like that though. Or we can all just come together and train. Whatever works for everyone, I’m open!

What is it going to take to make you a perm fixture at WW?

Jess

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:28 am

A few nails and a hammer?
    perhaps?

😉

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

“What is it going to take to make you a perm fixture at WW?”

YOU talking to ME? ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? 😀

I don’t know Jess. Im not sure that I am going to settle at any one school anymore. The pressure seems less when I don’t HAVE to go to class. I have been though, so that’s an improvment on my “Don’t wanna fight anymore” health condition.

Im having fun just floating right now and learning from everyone. Why, you guys getting tired of me already from stealing your skills?? 😀 I been paying my mat fee. 😯 😀

Jessica
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:30 pm

No, not at all! You’re welcome anytime…I just could use you in class for the girls as well as myself. I know what you mean about floating…and that is cool. Just keep us in mind if you do decide to settle. ha 🙂

See you next week!

Jessica

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:50 pm

Hey ladies! Thanks for all of the offers, and I intend to take any of them that I can get right now! 8) Ideally I’d like to train Tuesdays/Thursdays and probably Saturdays, as I work out Mon/Wed/Fri, but as I’m only free until 3pm Monday-Friday, I’ll take what I can get. I noticed from the site that you sent me, Jessica, that there’s a BJJ class Tuesday/Thursday from 12pm to 1. Is that just for the guys or what? And if not, is it worth looking into? Thanks so much!

Amanda

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:52 pm

Oh, also I don’t have to work next Tuesday-Friday, the kid I babysit is going on a class trip to D.C., so lemme know if anything cool is going on at any time!

Amanda

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:45 pm
    Pro Fighter

Tuesday and Thursday you can go to Warrior Way and check it out. They have a hcicks class. Jess runs it. Wednesday you can train with me if you want and same goes for Friday.

Jess, I will deffenitly keep WW in mind. Thanks. I will check out your chicks class soon. Maybe tomorrow. Im just not in shape right now. But what the hell ….. I’ll see you in there tomorrow!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?