Who can beat Tara La Rosa?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sako
    Post subject: Who can beat Tara La Rosa? Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:16 am

I think it would have to be a girl that’s big for a 135 lbs whose a good striker with good takedown defense. The only one that comes to mind is Sarah Kaufman. What do you guys/girls think?

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:13 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Well, I cant say if they would win or not, but the three fighters at 135 lbs that I think would have the best chance to beat her are Debi Purcell, Laura D’Auguste and Amanda Buckner. All three of these are very well-rounded with great stand-up and excellent submissions of their own. Of course, fighters like Sarah Kaufman and Kaitlin Young would have a punchers chance, but if the fight went to the ground, then Tara would probably have a huge advantage.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

I agree. I think that Sarah Kaufman will be the next 135 champ.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:38 pm

Pankration_MuayThai wrote:
    I agree. I think that Sarah Kaufman will be the next 135 champ.
    Are you just saying because she’s from your gym?

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 pm
    Pro Fighter

No. I’m saying that because she ko’d me so hard that my head spun for 6 months- and my stand up’s pretty good.

feldmanfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:22 am
    Amateur Fighter

No. I’m saying that because she ko’d me so hard that my head spun for 6 months- and my stand up’s pretty good.
    I’m not taking anything away from her as a stand-up fighter…but you need a whole lot more than striking to be successful at MMA.

Its nice to see there’s new faces surfacing!

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:09 am

Wow, that’s amazing. Is this a girl or a guy saying this? and how good is her ground game?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:38 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

that would be the formidable Liz Posener. and yes i would agree Sarah is one of a number who’d potentially have a good chance but has still only fought 1 top ten fighter thus far (not 3 or 4 and she has not sub’d any top ground girls yet) but her defense is enough to still get her a win. one more fight with a Shayna, Julie, Tonya, Rox, Amanda, Vanessa and if she wins convincingly then yeah in-line for Tara at that point, so like 1 step away imo. based on performance i’d put her standup ability in the top 5 right now all weight classes included, with her ground i still saw a number of sizable holes even recently against Ginele…it was pretty close to what Tonya did against Ginele only reversed, Sarah a bit more standup and Tonya a bit more ground, those two Sarah/Tonya are pretty close and would make a great matchup right now…

Sako wrote:

Wow, that’s amazing. Is this a girl or a guy saying this? and how good is her ground game?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?