Who is the best pound for pound woman MMA fighter?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: Who is the best pound for pound woman MMA fighter? PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Of all the woman in MMA who do you guys think is pound for pound the most skillled and fearsome fighter.
    Vincent

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:18 am

Pretty much difficult to say…
    You can look at the stats of winning and loss and you can judge the ground or striking skills..
    And besides that the women scene is not like the male scene where there are much more opppurtunities to fight..

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:40 am
    Instructor

This is a very tough question to answer. I would say that Tara LaRosa is in the running, along with Jen Howe, Roxanne Modaferri, and Laura D’Auguste. But I certainly couldn’t tell you which one deserves the top spot.

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:19 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I’d pick Satoko Shinashi.

CaptainBad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:47 pm

I’m surprised that those two superheroines of the Internet, Debi and Erin T, are not amongst the girlies mentioned!

Where do these two fit into the picture then?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:01 pm

Mark Grassman wrote:
    I’d pick Satoko Shinashi.

Satoko is really a great fighter!
    But I think only in her weightclass.
    But If you would put her against a heavier fighter, what would happen?
    But despite that, not always a heavier opponent can win from a lighter opponent…

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:23 pm

Yes pound for pound is different then who is the badest woman MMA female fighter in the world as in who could beat all others in a real fight were size weight would be a big factor. Someone like Becky Levi I think might would big too big and strong for a Toughhill or Purcell who I think have more skill and speed then Becky. Though I wish they did no weight class fights here in the USA as they do in Japan it would fun to see Toughhill and Debi Purcell go at it.
    Is it true that here in the USA you have fight some in or about your weight because that is the way it is regulated by state athletic commissions like in boxing or is it up to the fighters and promoters of a MMA event what weights differences there can be between fighters who are fighting each other. Other words could Purcell and Toughill fight here in USA even the Toughhill has a big pull in weight over Debi?
    Vincent

jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:03 pm

Well right now I think it’s Roxy-Julie and Molly as Pound for Pound the best
    we have to wait and see how Debi comes back in the past I think Debi was but we will have to wait and see just my 2 cents 😈

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Satoko Shinashi or Yuka Tsuji easily. Pound per pound they have dominated for the last so many years. And I believe that being a champ in Japan right now has the most prestige out of all the female champs right now since Japanese female MMA events are more frequent (there are three orgs dedicated to female MMA over there).

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 pm

Sudoraba wrote:
    Satoko Shinashi or Yuka Tsuji easily. Pound per pound they have dominated for the last so many years. And I believe that being a champ in Japan right now has the most prestige out of all the female champs right now since Japanese female MMA events are more frequent (there are three orgs dedicated to female MMA over there).

Yes they are good, but I think Megumi Yabushita could beat them and Marloes too for example.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:26 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    Yes they are good, but I think Megumi Yabushita could beat them and Marloes too for example.

But they are much larger than Shinashi and Tsuji. We are talking POUND FOR POUND.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:10 am

yeah I don’t think pound per pound is well understood here.

Though to humor here are the best fighters per weightclass.

Satoko Shinashi for the FW (practically undisputed)

Yuka Tsuji for LW (practically undisputed)

MW is tricky, Laura D’Augusta is the newest big name for winning the MW tourney, but she didn’t look that good against Megumi Yabushita. Btw Erin Toughill embarrassed Yabushita twice already at the finals of two tournaments. So I’d say Erin Toughill.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:34 am
    Instructor

D’Auguste and Toughill aren’t in the same weight class. There’s a thirty pound difference there; they’d never fight in the U.S.

CaptainBad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:44 am

Vincent and James — thanks for your answers.

Vincent — I think you hit on a good point there, about weight classes.

When Debi had to fight Amy Pitan, I think she had to do a Robert de Niro to put on some weight, or the fight would not have been allowed.

This is probably one of the things preventing matches from taking place, that there often isn’t a suitable opponent in a skilled girl’s weight class.

The answer might be to relax the rules on weight classes for women for the foreseeable future, at least until the sport picks up in popularity on the female side. Then there would be more matches.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:12 am
    Instructor

Quote:
    The answer might be to relax the rules on weight classes for women for the foreseeable future, at least until the sport picks up in popularity on the female side. Then there would be more matches.

The problem with this is that you end up with matches between 120 lb. women and 180 lb. women and the smaller women have a harder time. This leads to injuries, bad records, and a lot of women refusing to fight. There are weight classes for a reason. I like the way Hook n Shoot does it; there aren’t any actual weight classes – he matches you up with someone your size (I think within five pounds, more if you’re willing).

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:36 am

Rikki wrote:
    Quote:

But they are much larger than Shinashi and Tsuji. We are talking POUND FOR POUND.

Yes I misunderstood the word “Pound For Pound”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?