who to represent?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: who to represent?PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:14 am
    Pro Fighter

So what happens if you’re a competative fighter who trains at several clubs, and then needs to tell a promotion “what gym they train at?” or their ‘base’ or whatever you want to call it? When I’m in college, I train at two places. Then during the summer, I train at two different places, so in all, I feel like I belong to four clubs. So far it’s been okay since most tournaments were NAGA’s, and I went with a team from Joao Amaral’s Boston Top Team (right outside Boston). When I was in Japan and competed, I just fought under that one club I went to (because miraculously one club had kickboxing and jiujitsu). Cross-point kichijouji, Tokyo. But in the future if I do mma or something, and the announcer’s gotta yell “Roxanne from _______ club!!!” I feel like people might be offended if I don’t chose “their club” to give props too. Does one just choose the better known club, or has anyone ever heard anyone *list* clubs they belong to? What do you think?
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:38 am

I feel ya big time on this one. Your in a really political area too, people up north get really bent outta shape about stuff like that. I may be moving to a new school in the next 6 months and am distraught about where to call home base as well. Team ROC and my trainers there have given me all my skills, so how can I let someone else take credit for that ya know? If anyone can give you some insite or advice… please pass it on. BTW… how was Japan? I’m dying to run into you at a tourney and ask you 20,000 questions about it.

OHHHH I know who you might talk to about all this… KIRIK! He knows everything!

😕 🙂 8)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Tara! 🙂 I want to run into you, too. I’m going to go to Hook’nshoot to watch and do the sunday tourney. What kind of deal on air tickets did you get? (/end offtopic)

Haha I asked Kirik that once, actually in the form of “Should I put your club as my team…?” and he said something like, “Hahaha do whatever you want!!!” Big help there. 😛

(begin another offtopic)
    But Japan was great. I had problems in BJJ class in that I was bigger than a lot of people so I didn’t get the type of training I liked, so I don’t feel I improved a lot in that (but I had to take off time for my arm injury, so it’s hard to make a final judgement). The culture was fun to learn, and I felt like a frick’n tourist (which I sort of was?) taking pictures of weird stuff like toilet seats (dude they had like 20938432 buttons on them, with pics) and sidewalks (but they had cool bumpy thingies for blind people, and expensive looking sidewalk stone designs). If you have any questions or want to chat, my email is
    naturegirl1700@hotmail.com 🙂

bjjamazon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:18 pm

Instead of the school, perhaps you have a sensei that introduced you to the sport that you hold highest respect for. Represent him instead of a school.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

That’s a really good idea! Unfortunately, it’s not the case. It’s more like
    I learned brazilian jiujitsu from Joao Amaral’s club.
    I learned Muay Thai from Jeremy’s, and Sityodtong near boston (the latter being more well known)
    And then subsmission grappling from Kirik’s in amherst, mass.

I know Kirik is cool, Jeremy might care, but I’m wondering if I should say like “sityodtong and Joao’s” since they’re the largest most well known ones. I’ll probably try and do that. 🙂

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:30 pm

sounds kind of tribal, doesn’t it?

robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?