Who will win the Bodog Fight womens’ 135 lb. title?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Who will win the Bodog Fight womens’ 135 lb. title?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:41 am
    Tara LaRosa 77% [ 17 ]
    Kelly Kobold 23% [ 5 ]
    Neither 0% [ 0 ]
    Total votes : 22
    Mark Grassman
    Post subject: Tara LaRosa vs Kelly KoboldPostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Will Laura’s replacement prevail?
    Will Tara blemmish Kelly’s record?

SURFINGGRACIE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:00 pm

KELLY KOBOLD BY A KO.

LAROSA IS GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPEN’S WHEN YOU FIGHT SOMEONE WHO HAS COME DOWN IN WEIGHT AND RETAINS HER STRENGTH THAT SHE DOMINATED WITH IN HIGHER WEIGHT CLASSES.

IF I REMEMBER KEDZIE DROPPED WEIGHT AND FOUGHT LAROSA AND GAVE HER ALOT OF PROBLEMS.

KOBOLD IS GOING TO BE TOO STRONG WITH HER PUNCHING POWER WITH THE FIGHT PROBABLY NOT GOING TO THE GROUND AND NOT GOING THE DISTANCE.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:20 am

You have a very good point on why Kelly should win, HOWEVER, I’ll counter your point with this counter-point on why Tara should win. (*lol*) I think over the course of the past year that Tara has been more active and has fought against better opposition. Since March 06, Tara has fought AND beaten Roxanne Modafferi, Hitomi Akano, Julie Kedzie, Amanda Bucker, Julia Berezekova and Shayna Baszler. Also, the fight is taking place in Tara’s hometown, so if it comes down to a decision, that could come into play. Therefore, I’ll trump your Kelly by KO with a Tara by decision! (*lol*)

Regardless of the outcome, it should be an awesome fight and I think the folks over at Bodog deserve a big “attaboy” for selecting such a quality opponent to replace Laura. The winner of this fight will definitely be the cream of the crop at 135…..and Bodog has ’em.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Should be a great fight. I predict a big win for women’s MMA.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:45 am
    Instructor

258 views and only 12 votes?

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:30 pm

I’m voting for Tara on this one. Kelly has faced fewer strong opponents than Tara. Her draw with Ginelle Marquez shows her difficulty with smaller skilled opponents. If Kelly can get Tara into a boxing match or pin her in a corner, she may have a chance.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:45 pm

I just don’t see what Kobald offers that Modafferi, Akano, Buckner, Bazler, or Berezikova didn’t. I could be wrong.

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Prediction: Tara will use her quickness and her fine grappling skills to submit Kelly with a choke.

If it goes to a decision, though, likely Kelly will win.

Fortunately, inaccurate predictions are easily forgotten.

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:05 am

This looks like it’s going to be a good brawl. As for what Kelly brings to the ring that maybe some are overlooking is her size and strength as well as a solid chin. She comes from a good camp who have produced good fighters in the past so they know how to train and prepare. Kelly has beaten other women from very respectable camps, maybe they weren’t household names but they had the pedigree. Tara is used to being the one overpowering her opponant and muscling her way out of situations like she did with Bazler and others. I think that with Kelly she is going to find someone who is bigger and stronger and in her face all the time. Stamina and ground technique may play in Tara’s favor and if she is able to keep Kelly on her back she’ll win. But don’t try and butt heads with Kelly trading blows,6 of her wins were by tko or ko for a reason. All that said I’m giving Kelly the nod in this one.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:44 am

I think Kelly will win!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?