Wisdom teeth

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

EricaB
    Post subject: Wisdom teeth PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:37 pm

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

I have to have 4 wisdom teeth taken out soon and was wondering how long before I can resume BJJ training?

My dentist said a week should be fine, but to get the teeth out he has to cut the gums, drill the teeth into several pieces, then stitch it all up again 😯 so a week sounds a bit short!

Has anyone had their wisdom teeth taken out and if so, how long before you could start training again?

nhbSDMF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:24 am

Yep, all 4 impacted. At the time I had the surgery I was powerlifting and aggressively going after 3 separate PRs so I can relate to wanting to get back ASAP.

7-10 days you should be fine to drill techniques and get a light workout.

By about 2-2.5 weeks you should be able to roll live again.

If they do the surgery right (and there’s no reason they wouldn’t, although they f’ed up mine…) you’ll heal up way faster than you think. Other than the first day where you’re groggy and mildly disoriented it’s really not too bad.

Good luck!! 🙂

Irish_fight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:46 am

yeah, I think you’l be fine. You sound like the type of person who gets up and gets moving. The first 48 hours are worst because of the swelling- once the swelling goes down it feels a lot better. Ice and ibuprofen, and don’t forget the ice!!

I had my 4 out when I was 16, and aside from yelling under the anethesia and having the doc slap me around (I apprently was being loud and argumentative, but I don;t remember!) I was back at school in 3 days and i remember I had a cross country workout the day I went back.

nhbSDMF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:45 am

Hahaha… I forgot about the anasthetic!

I had Nitrous Oxide for mine and let me tell you, they don’t call it laughing gas for nothing. I was just sitting there and I started to chuckle while the surgeon was prepping. I thought to myself, “Wow, if I’m laughing at absolutely nothing I wonder what would happen if I thought of something funny.” Well, I thought of a scene from Caddyshack and I just started laughing my ass off. I couldn’t have stopped to save my life. The surgeon got so pissed that he had to leave for 20 min. I still think it was funny….

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:08 am
    Pro Fighter

I get to get two of mine pulled this coming Wednesday. Cant wait actually for it to happen cause they are causeing me problems. I plan on being back on the mats by that Monday. The bouns, I dont have to go back to work till Im all healed and not puffy anymore. 😉

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:59 am
    Pro Fighter

please. please…PLEASE dont get dry socket!

they had to all this crap just to get to mine because they were impacted, and i got dry socket on my lower left and i promise its 100 times worse than having rich franklin punch you in the face.

but yeah, i mean, provided you dont have something go wrong you should be fine to roll light in a week. its not going to affect the integrity of your other teeth or anything, so if the swelling is gone and the incisions are healed you shouldnt have a problem. just be careful your grill guard doesnt rub/pinch/put pressure anywhere it shouldn’t. i guess thats my only advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?