WOMEN FIGHTERS IN THE UFC, MY THEORY ON HOW TO START IT

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Randori
    Post subject: WOMEN FIGHTERS IN THE UFC, MY THEORY ON HOW TO START IT PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Started a thread that involves getting women in the UFC in the near future.

What do you folks think about the idea on HOW to get females showcased in the big show? Women are mentioned in my ( Randori ) second comment.

http://www.fightergirls.com

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:37 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    Started a thread that involves getting women in the UFC in the near future.

What do you folks think about the idea on HOW to get females showcased in the big show? Women are mentioned in my ( Randori ) second comment.

And only one other person thought it was a good idea. The majority of men don’t want to see female fights unless they are scantily clad and rolling around in oil. 😡

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:03 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Well,
    you have some real die hard males that have only and if they have watched a fight probably saw something that really sucked… Like 2 non- skilled fighters…

I really think the UFC has to do something to get more attention and bring on the pay per view watchers. I really have to say for me to pop out 50 buks to see Randy,Tito and chuck keep fighting this round robin for the 100 time is like watching the Riverdance (remember that dance) I am sure people killed themselves when that came on for the 10k time..

I am sure it is on its way and like it or not it will sell..

Chad

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Now imagine me starting a similiar thread at Sherdog…..

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:02 am

There is a new thread about women in MMA / UFC on MMA Weekly. It must be something SOME guys want to see. Even if it’s just to drool.

I have never been to the Sherdog forums but from all accounts it’s not worth it. Sometimes I just believe the masses and keep my nose out of places I’m advided to.

Fuck the oil, I just want to see women FIGHT ! Black eyes, bloody noses, broken bones, the whole bit. As long as they are not in mismatches I want to see it. Nothing in the world is so cool as a woman with a mean hook !!!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:15 pm
    Pro Fighter

The people who’ve seen women fight, want to see women fight in the UFC. the people who haven’t seen women fight, think it’s either stupid, or want to see boobies. There is no other option with them. I’m not even bothing arguing. I’ve whitnessed it all on mma.tv and sherdog.

if you really want to get people interested, post links to fights. Post links to Laura D’auguste’s fights! I’m too lazy, but here, post this places:

inked
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Fighters I would like to see in the UFC

Tara Larosa
    Amanda Buckner
    Debi Purcell
    Jennifer Howe
    Laura D-Auguste
    A few Japanese Fighters
    Erin Toughill
    Some European Gals

Unfortunatly most others do not have the skill level to be there.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:43 pm

Randori wrote:

Fuck the oil, I just want to see women FIGHT ! Black eyes, bloody noses, broken bones, the whole bit. As long as they are not in mismatches I want to see it. Nothing in the world is so cool as a woman with a mean hook !!!

Pardon me, but what is with the injury-fixation? So you get some kind of “warm and fuzzy” feeling seeing someone messed up?

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:05 am

fight4you :

I am saying I want to see women’s fights the same way I want to see men’s fights. Same same.

Give it a rest and stop trying to start some net BS! I’m sure there’s room at Sherdog for you.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:17 am

fight4you wrote:
    Randori wrote:

Pardon me, but what is with the injury-fixation? So you get some kind of “warm and fuzzy” feeling seeing someone messed up?

I was slightly disturbed by that paragraph too. 😥

meltdawn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:26 am

in the context it was meant, i agree. part of the attraction of watching fights, to me, is seeing how much one person can take and still battle. if that’s f’ed up to some people, i don’t care, i don’t try to over-analyze myself. i am DAMN proud when i see someone take an injury like a cut or a break and not quit. it makes me call myself a smile and train harder.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:26 pm

Gee randori can only handle opinions identical to his. Well, guess what – that ain’t life.

Regarding getting some kind of buzz over watching someone else intentionally or accidentally injured… it is obviously why some watch this pursuit. iI sure is the way some MMA events have promoted themselves but I think it shows that something is way out of whack.

If someone has a thing about watching someone else receive lacerations, broken bones etc – i think they should find someone willing to let them experience it themselves. Getting some buzz from watching someone injured rather than competing well is just a bit pathological, in my ever humble opinion.

Feel free to disagree. I assure you that won’t bother me.

Last edited by fight4you on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meltdawn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:36 pm

well, i explained myself and my reasons.

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:45 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Here’s my plan on getting things started:

Either have one or more female divisions compete in an upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter;

or, if there aren’t quite enough female fighters, start with one or more singles bouts on Ultimate Fight Night and/or an Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view and let it grow from there. Maybe promote a mostly to all-female foght card.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:47 pm

So you are ‘proud’ when you see someone ELSE continue to compete when they have a serious cut or bone break? Proud of what?

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:12 pm

fight4you :

It is CLEAR that your only intention is to purposely misconstrue what I am saying and pretend I meant I want to see women get hurt.

I’ve explained that the meaning of my post was that I just want to see women fight and everything that comes with that.

If you truly want to believe I ‘get off’ on watching women het hurt, then you continue to be that ignorant idiot.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:39 pm

hey i just respond the words that YOU choose to publish, which were…”Fuck the oil, I just want to see women FIGHT Black eyes, bloody noses, broken bones, the whole bit. As long as they are not in mismatches I want to see it. Nothing in the world is so cool as a woman with a mean hook !!!”…”I am saying I want to see women’s fights the same way I want to see men’s fights. Same same. ”

I think your meaning was pretty clear and I didn’t misconstrue anything but you can continue with the ad hominem attacks instead of debating, if you like.

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Fight4U – Please stop trying to cause drama. We are all here to build each other up, not lay in to each other. Unless that’s in the ring, of course. 😉
    This isn’t high school, they were giving a realistic portrayal of what it is to fight; often it’s NOT pretty, something that many people find especially disturbing in regards to women, who are still most expected to value thier appearances, at least more than men usually do.
    When in doubt, please remember what our mother would say:
    “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:46 pm

umm….. i’m not the one hoping to see your femur broken…or to see you snap someone elses.

And regarding opinions – you really want this forum only to reflect just one…. the one you agree with?

These are just words of an opinion – not a ground and pound.

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:23 am

Fight4U – Please forgive me if you misinterperted what I was trying to say. The main issue I had with your statements is, at least what I interperted as, a seemingly deliberate twisting of another’s words, and what I read as a rather vehement way in which you repeatedly addressed them, not the fact that you expressed them. It is what I percieved as an attacking tone, and the unforgiving nature in which you refuse to let the issue drop, that I take offense to. You are welcome to your opinions, but please respect the fact that others can and will disagree with them. There are kinder ways of stating an opinion.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:18 pm

Feel free to re-read the posts. i cut and pasted their remarks. I quoted them verbatim. I didn’t twist or misrepresent anything. I took issue with published remarks that looked forward to seeing someone else injured, rather than competing or performing well. That is what they said. That is what I took issue with. You can agree with their excitement in seeing injuries if you wish but I didn’t put any words in anyone’s mouths. Wouldn’t it be more productive to discuss the entertainment of injury rather than being offended that I questioned it? On another note, this whole forum is about physical combat and you are bothered by what tone you read into a post, even though it is polite, yet direct?

Last edited by fight4you on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktnzgtklws
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:51 pm

I believe what we have here is simply a difference of interpertation. You read the line, and interperted it as the person wanted to see injuries. I read it and interperted it as the person was sick of hot-oil type “fighting,” and was using an exageration to amplify the point that they would like to see real, skilled women fighting, not just rolling around trying to tear each other’s clothes off for the smile gratification of males.
    I suppose the weak medium of writting is also to blame, as it is highly inadequate for conveying many meanings that would seem obvious with vocal intonations, as I mis-interperted your comments and thier motives, as I covered above.
    I respect your right to disagree with me, and I now understand that our interpertations of the line in question are different.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:04 pm

then we may very well agree , though coming from different points. however, words do have meaning and I usually assume people choose the ones they want. the words i disagreed with seemed to be pretty to the point.

and

if you watch the behavior of many in the safe-seats during a fight, the views expressed, are not all that unusual.

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:27 am

ktnzgtklws :

Thank you for being intelligent enough to understand what I was saying. I THOUGHT it was clear enough English that fighters would understand it. Apparently only fighters could.

fight4you :

You DID twist my words. You said, ” I’m not the one HOPING to see your femur broken. ” If that isn’t twisting then I don’t know what is. Besides, where did you get your information? I am a fan of ULNA breaks !!!

Give it a rest already. And don’t bother commenting on my ulna joke made at your expense.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Your words and focus were….”…I just want to see women FIGHT Black eyes, bloody noses, broken bones, the whole bit. ”

You didn’t list what style techniques, or character traits you wanted to see. You listed the injuries you wanted to see.

I merely responded and disagreed with that focus.

I made my point and your ad hominems don’t affect it.

This interchange has become redundant and uninteresting so..carry on, if you like but I am finished with it.

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:20 am

If you are finished then why are you attempting to attack me in PMs?

For the record I have requested that this poster no longer send me PMs.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:55 am

merely stating that you must be a guy is an attack?

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:22 am

Is there a way to ignore certain user’s comments in here? If not that would be a great feature.

To have a poster go out of their way to misunderstand a comment to THIS degree is ridiculous. I can’t think of a reason I should have to put up with this bullshit.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:44 pm

just drop it already. we read what you wrote. you wanted to keep this discussion public rather than private and you keep bringing it up, so stop griping about it. watch what you want to watch. enjoy what you want to enjoy. just move on. sheesh

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:20 pm

You keep saying to drop it and if I’m not mistaken you said you were finished yet YOU keep going on and on. Little bit of a ‘last word’ complex going on there?

You have been asked by more than one member to cease in your ATTEMPTS to cause drama.

Hope this makes you feel better than being overlooked in life.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 pm

zzzzzzzzzzz

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:45 am

Before the focus was taken off of women fighters this thread WAS about seeing female fighters in the UFC and what it would take to get that to happen.

The Ultimate Fight Nights would be a great way to get female fights in without much risk. Put one on the undercard and see hoe the live audience reacts. If it goes well put one on the main card next time so the folks at home can see it.

If that goes well, do it again and if the response is still possitive put one on as a prelim on the PPV. Next step would be to get to the main card. It would take small steps but that’s the nature of the beast.

I am surprised Pride hasn’t had any women fights, as many chances as they take on match ups and with the more accepting culture. I figure anyone that watches Smackgirl fights would want to see some female fighters in Pride.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:00 pm

Well to start – people should do more and watch others less. That addressed, here is why UFC doesn’t and won’t have female fighters.

1. UFC is a profit-making TV show. As a result, everything they have done since being sold by Semaphore is to insure they get airplay and make money. When people bemoan the rules and refs and judges and “how it is not as good as the early UFCs” – (you know, the ones that were illegal to stage in most every state), they should keep in mind that all the changes were made to address the bottom line.

2. If UFC thought they could get more ratings and more money with women in the cage – they would. Money rules those guys. Since they haven’t, well, do the math.

3. UFC probably knows that the moment one woman gets seriously hurt in the cage (or worse) then laws will get written, athletic commissions will change their minds, and networks pull the shows and money dries up. I imagine people can handle guys getting pounded into oblivion (Smashing Machine is a good example), then they ever can handle it happening to a woman.

Just my 3 1/2 cents.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?