Women in mma. Comments?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

sandiegodude
    Post subject: Women in mma. Comments? PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:32 am

Any comments on this article? Talking about the acceptance of women in mma. http://www.fightergirls.com

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:26 pm
    Pro Fighter

Cool, thanks!

but we all knew this already 🙂

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:58 am

The stuff about patriarchy there is a lot of BS and is at variance with the natural or real world. Very few women want men who are weaker or even physically equal to themselves. I think it is fair to say most women, including female fighters, want the man in their life to be more, not less. If there were any chance at all of this coming into being then you would have men seriously reacting to it. In addition the notion that women don’t need protection is laughable in light of the amount of abuse that goes on every day, and its not like they are all suddenly going to follow that dopey Jennifer Lopez movie and beat up on their ex.

As far as the MvF suggestion in there, it is never going to happen. Besides being culturally offensive, you don’t see it in any other sports where women have long competed. I know this may seem odd considering how I started out here, but I’ve done a total turnaround for some reasons I’ll explain in another post, and also due to the extraordinary professionalism and approach that Debbie has brought to this whole thing. She deserves the utmost respect in treating this in a way that will fly and be taken seriously.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 am

Though I think female MMA should go as far as the fighters, the fans and the law will allow – I see no venue for MvsF fights. It’s a no-winner. On the one hand, it would be some kind of fetish-frolic like what http://www.chaosvideo.com offers. What woman, other than a smile or one with low self-respect, would want that scene?

On the other hand, you could have a reputable bout BUT – the only results are that you have a man beating the crap out of a woman (and his win is diminished by, ‘hey, u just won against a girl’) or the woman beats the crap out of the guy ( and his loss is magnified by, “hey, you got your ass beat by a girl”) On that point, her win is diminished by “hey, you just beat a wuss”) A NO WIN SITUATION.

Just accept the fact that MMA in general and female combat in particular are BIG envelope pushers in and of themselves. The average public has had to bend a hell of a lot just to accept those. Accepting men and women fighting in a cage and ‘assuming the mount’ and doing the ‘ground and pound’ just pushes too many buttons and pushes the envelope way over the edge.

I can’t think of one sport or psuedo-sport that pits a man against a woman in a serious fashion – not softball, not tennis, not swimming, not track, not even ping pong or billiards. none. I can’t see men and women pounding the crap out of one another being the first.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?