WOMEN UFC 2005

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: WOMEN UFC 2005 PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:04 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Due to recent post and gossip about women fighting in UFC, I figured I would post some thoughts on this subject. as much as we respect Erica and her skills, I feel it would be in the best interest of womens MMA, if the UFC started looking at the womens division in a *whole* instead of just looking for an opponent for Erica………..

Howe, Buckner, Larosa,Purcell,Neff,Modafferi,D-agust, just in those names alone there are some great match ups and would be a excellent choice for the womens division. Plus who ever wins can keep on fighting good competition. the 135 class is where the talent is. IN America, Euro and Japan. Not to say there are not some great smaller fighters.. its just that its not as stacked as a division

IMO this is whats holding up women in the UFC, do they really even care about a female fight in UFC, or is it all about promoting one person ??? All the above names mentioned are marketable, so it not like that is a reason. If a fighter is going to be in ther BIG show, they must be able to keep fighting the tougher competition. or it turns into a lose lose situation for everyone.

thoughts anyone.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:45 am

Agreed. Without question all of the girls mentioned above are well deserving…and ideally what’s needed is an all-Women’s UFC event.

However, I was under the impression that the single bout idea was only being suggested as an *introduction* of women into the UFC.

And I think with sanctioning about to be passed out here if Zuffa doesn’t pick it up soon then others will. A large women’s PPV event is very sellable proposition now and it’s a good time for these girls to be involved in the sport.

…it’s about to “blow up.”

RA

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:33 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

i no longer support erica montoya…

she did not come to my birthday party…

bad girl,,,bad,,,bad,

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

I think we did have a thread about this a while back.

I had my coach email the UFC match maker. He responded that the UFC doesn’t have room for a lightweight division, not to mention a woman’s. I did not see the email, but it didn’t sound like the idea was out of the question. just right now.

which still…I want it to be now!!

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:11 am

Well, that makes sense though…there’s simple not enough airtime to allow for both a men’s and women’s divisions in a single UFC PPV event.

That’s why any serious proposal would need to be for a separate all-women’s UFC show. If production costs are an issue it’s simply a matter of acquiring a few sponsors to defer the costs. When there’s enough sponsorship capital on the table I think it would then be an attractive package for the UFC to attach their name to. If not, then you just shop around to others that will.

…and we all know how much girls like to shop. 🙄

RA

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:26 am
    Pro Fighter

Then they could elimate one of the boring men’s matches. They have some seriously boring match ups sometimes. one women’s match would get more attention then 5 of the men’s that are not the main events. not to mention, they are generally more technical than the men’s. but men have that KO excitement I guess…yawn.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:50 pm

Right, was not suggesting they replace the men’s UFC but just add a separate women’s UFC event as an annual PPV show.

Although, what might also be good is to add 1 great men’s superfight to the women’s event…that way you capture that fan base as well without the time constraints of an entire men’s elimination tournament.

RA

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:34 pm
    Instructor

They could have a seperate event for the women and the men’s lightweights kind of like Pride Bushido.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?