Word To The Wise

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

fight4you
    Post subject: Word To The Wise PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:12 pm

The internet has this odd deal going on where websites are devoted to publishing home videos as well as pirated videos off of the TV. Ebaum’s World, Yahoo Video, YouTube, even Myspace offer this. I have noticed that they seem to love to show videos of car accidents, skateboard accidents, fistfights, gangfights and other soul-enriching items.

I always wondered how these sites can publish material without the rights being granted to them from those being taped. I also wondered why they would publish video of obvious crimes such as assault. Well, as sociopathic as it is for people to want to tape, publish and view such events, it now seems to be incredibly stupid. Some kids posted video on MySpace ,of an assault they concocted and were arrested.

Fightergirls.com

A few weeks ago, a producer was arrested for posting his underground fightclub footage.

So seeking footage of parking lot beatdowns for entertainment may be a very short-lived opportunity. And that would be good thing, I think.

Churchill
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:00 am

I don’t know much about these sites, but my guess is that the videos aren’t screened for objectionable content before they are uploaded to the sites. The problem could be solved by having moderators impose a 24-hr wait period before these things can be posted, so that illegal/unethical footage can be rejected. These sites are a lawsuit waiting to happen. 🙁

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:55 am

i agree and not too soon

Roebozz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:36 am

i don’t know about the 24 hours waiting period and screening, i think it’s take up too much time and work

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?