Workout challenges

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ABScene
    Post subject: Workout challengesPostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 am

I get bored very easily so I come up with challenges for myself to keep myself motivated. Here is one that I am working towards:

Navy seals pushup workout – you do 10 push ups every 30 secs for 15 minutes (equals 300 push ups). I did a modified version of this last week in which I did 10 push ups, rested 30 secs then repeated until I did 300 (last two sets I did as clapping push ups).

Today, I am going to do the real version. A friend decided he was going to take it a couple of steps further in which he was going to do the push ups, followed by 300 kicks, 300 knees, 300 abs. He did not get the kicks or knees in and he did the modified version of the push up workout. Not to be outdone, I will have to DO this workout later this week.

Do any of you give yourself challenges to work towards (other than winning a competition)? I know many of you probably get more opportunities to compete; unfortunately, I do not have much opportunities to do this so like I said I get bored and unmotivated.

I am a psycho when it comes to working out so I would love to hear about (and perhaps DO) some of the challenges you set for yourself.

Thanks,
    Rebecca 😈

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

Im the same way and get really bored quick. I can never think of good workouts so I am always asking other people to give me something to do. I will try your workout and see how it works. I like challengeing myself too and will try and challenege thrown at me, but I can never think of them myself.

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:54 am

I managed to do the real version of the push up workout with not too much problem (definitely harder than the way I had done it b4).

I few days later I did it again only this time I did a whole routine in which I started with hard jab, crosses on the bag (300), squats (300), push ups (300), power kicks on the bag (300), then abs (300). I felt pretty good by the end of it but it was pretty tiring.

Haven’t yet come up with any more challenging workouts but my motivational level is quite high right now. I don’t know if is the spring weather or because my hamstring injury which I have been suffering from for many months now is finally getting better (not fully healed – I still can’t stretch it but my physiotherapist gave me some exercises to work on).

I have started running again and have started wrestling hard any chance I get. I am back in action! Life is good. 8)

Rebecca

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:59 pm
    Pro Fighter

8)

A partner of mine from work here got me into running. Never in my life have I been a runner. I hated everything about it and got really bored fast. My partner, Howell, asked me if I wanted to start running and wants me to do a LEO marathon with him.

I thought about it and realized that running is really good for my cardio and a way for me to cut up fast. I also need to be able to run when I go to the academy. So … I broke down and said yes.

We beening running almost everyday since mid March and now we are up to running 3.5 miles everyday. Never in my life have I ran that far and actually felt good about it lol. Even on his days off, I go up and run on my own and I don’t cheat either. (We run at work)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?