world combat league chuck norris

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

flyguy
    Post subject: world combat league chuck norris Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:43 am

This may have ben posted before but Chuck Norris ( who name is still very much recognised as “MMA” ) has started a Karate league series.

It may or may not suceed , the presentation is certainly slick.

IMHO these sort of team league things may well be a good way of spreading womens MMA if one of them ever adopts MMA rules .

If you have a team with regular matches against other teams ,and money at stake , then you have a real incentive to ALWAYS have a woman MMA fighter and not to stage or drop womens matches at whim or availability.

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:35 pm

I had heard about this a while ago but I didn’t know it was such a polished production. Very well organized and it looks pretty exciting. There are some pretty well known names in the fighting rosters as well. Alicia Ashly is one of my favorite female fighters.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:44 pm
    Instructor

It is exciting but the format (non stop “action” or they get penalized) makes for some pretty sloppy looking fighting. I’m sure that at least some of those people have good technique but it’s all thrown out the door when they have to constantly attack each other for two minutes straight!

June
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 pm

I have been watching the WCL on Versus and went to the Playoffs and Championship in Austin. I think it is great. The fights by the women are always the best. My favorite female fighter is Jennifer Santiago.

PS There are two 3 minute rounds, 1 round in each half.

piranha
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:19 am

I recently spoke to the president of IKSA and he is looking for women 128 & under to fight in this league

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?