Wrestling : Patricia Miranda on Internet Forum

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject: Wrestling : Patricia Miranda on Internet ForumPostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:47 pm

Topic: Just 24 hours left . . . . . .

Patricia Miranda is posting on a TexasWrestling forum about the days leading up to the Olympics. Good stuff…

Last edited by KnockOut2 on Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:50 pm

she has an official website now…

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:52 pm

Quote…

“As I wrestle, I will not be seeing the whole story like those watching the event. Ideally, I will not even realize that the match means anything more than just me versus my opponent. I am preparing, in the next couple of days, to close out the hype. When I step onto the mat, the enormity of the Games, of this match, of my life, will be gone.

This is how I must best represent myself and my country: in the dark, on the mat and nowhere else, just focused on beating the wrestler who steps on the mat with me, whoever she be. ”

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 am

Patricia Miranda Won the Bronze medal.

Here is an excerpt from a story about her father’s change to support his daughter’s dreams…

Behind Miranda as she talked, though she couldn’t see him, was her father, now proud as can be. “Basically in awe,” Jose said. “No I never imagined this — never. As it turned out, she’s in the right time and the right place. Three years from now she’d be too old and four years ago” women didn’t wrestle in the Olympic Games.

“But I didn’t do very much. I wanted her to excel academically, and she did. I never talked to her about the technical aspects of it. She never discusses with me the moves or what she does, to thrive under that pressure. . . . She’d go weeks without scoring. How she found the strength . . . she was basically wrestling with herself.”

Patricia told the story of her father coming to watch her wrestle in New York last year at the world championships where she says: “His full conversion took place. I got all the way to the finals, where I lost, 5-4 [to Irina Merlini of Ukraine, her opponent again on Monday], and when I saw him afterward he said, ‘Oh my God, you can really compete.’ And I said, ‘What do you think I’ve been doing all these years?’ ”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?