Yes it’s TRUE!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: Yes it’s TRUE! Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well, I guess it’s time to make the official announcement.

First, though, I want to thank everyone who has supported me, and even those who haven’t throughout my MMA career. I can’t count how many emails I have gotten from women and even men who tell me I’m living their dream. They tell me they would love to be able to do what I do, how much they’ve enjoyed watching me fight, and how much I’ve inspired them. These things seemed pretty silly to me because I just did my thing…It’s what I loved and I was pretty damn good at it sometimes. But all good things must come to an end.

Most of my good friends know about my ongoing struggle with a back injury I received in the summer of last year. A certain chiropractor started the whole ordeal and it was downhill from there. While I have been on the bench several times everyone else has been training and getting better, and so it has held back my career and bruised my confidence. I have been unable to train since my last fight (May) and tossed around the idea of retiring for a while.

It is hard to completely let go of something that has been at the core of your soul for so long. You cannot stop yourself, however unrealistic, from imagining a day when you can go back to what you love. But that’s not going to happen.

After visits to numerous doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, and educating myself on every alternative therapy short of a witch doctor, one of the most respected and decorated orthopaedic surgeons in southern California delivered the blow.

All my symptoms are, in fact related. The headaches, severe chronic sciatica, and suspicious and recurring “lump” on my lowerback are all tied to one diagnosis, which is that I have a cerebrospinal fluid leak, due to trauma. The really bad part about this is that it has a shakey prognosis, is prone to re-injury, and is actually dangerous to my health as it changes the fluid levels around my brain and can cause meningitis.

So to wrap this up, thanks to everyone out there who supported me and helped me train, thanks to all my opponents who actually showed up…thanks to all the assholes who told me I couldn’t do it or that girls shouldn’t fight, and THANKS TO ALL THE WOMEN OUT THERE HOLDIN IT DOWN!

“A good run mayne…beat a bad stand.” C-Murder

FistToFace
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:22 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ah shit. That sucks K! Well, I hope you get better. Retiring from something you love is hard. I almost retired a couple years ago but then realized how much fighting is in my blood. You will find a way to stay in the sport. Just because you cant fight anymore, dont mean you are not a fighter!

Keep your head up. Hopefully I will make it out there to see you some time after I get through the academy next summer. Love ya.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:43 pm
    Instructor

I hate to hear that you’re having to give it up, Kellyn. Best wishes and the best of health to you. Take care of yourself and remember, like Marie said, just because you can’t fight any more doesn’t mean you’re not a fighter.

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Hey Kellyn good luck to you and it sucks you have to retire but maybe downthe road you could help train and encourage other women out there who don’t know where to start in their careers. 🙂

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

thanks guys…who knows, i may get all better and show back up in a few years, you never know. hopefully they can fix it and my back juice will decide to stay where its supposed to.

thanks for all the kind words, it means a lot to me and especially those coming from frankie.

aj, you better not retire!!!!!! the sport is blowing up and youre kind of one of the OG’s so i think your career is going to take off.

and ricki…i saw you might be getting back into it? i think 125 would be a great weightclass for you and im glad youre still game, youve been training a long time so im sure youll do awesome.

frankie…ill look forward to your next fight, it seems there are a few more girls in the 145-155 range that dont have 326878932576032 fights now so thats better for you to get back in the game.

I have other stuff planned. I was a really competitive equestrian (insert laughter here) for 12 years of my life so im going to go back to riding dressage which is zero impact, assuming my horse doesnt slingshot me into something…i have to wait at least until spring though because im still pretty ouchie.

anyway, im not going to stop coming on here and supporting you guys because ive made a lot of awesome friends through this sport and im not ditching them for anything!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m so sorry to hear that…that’s my worst nightmare. Good luck with everything else!

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ahhh crap! Really sorry to hear that Kellyn 🙁 I hope to see you around at fights and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do. Your a kick ass girl so I hope to see you back if you ever are able to!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:48 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Sorry to hear the bad news!!! hang in there and wishing you the best!

Chad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?