A women’s bantamweight bout between Julie Kedzie (16-12 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Bethe Correia (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been added to the main card for UFC Fight Night 33. The UFC made the change official on Monday.
The event takes place at Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Brisbane, Queensland. and includes a main card on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on FOX Sports 2. The fight goes down Saturday in Australia but airs live Friday, December 6 in the U.S. due to the time difference.
Kedzie is a 10-year veteran of the sport. In July she made her UFC debut after moving over from Strikeforce. She lost that bout with a split decision to Germaine de Randamie at UFC on FOX 8. For this upcoming bout, she was originally slated again Aleksandra Albu. Corriea was brought in as a replacement after Albu suffered an injury three weeks ago.
Bethe “Pitbull” Correia is new to the UFC, but coming off a big win earlier this year when she defeated Erica Paes, who is known as the only woman to beat former Strikeforce champ and current Inivicta FC featherweight champ Cristiane “Cyborg” Justine.
The updated UFC Fight Night 33 card includes:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 9 p.m. ET)
• Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
• Mauricio Rua vs. James Te-Huna
• Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh
• Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei
• Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester
• Bethe Correia vs. Julie Kedzie
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 2, 7 p.m. ET)
• Takeya Mizugaki vs. Nam Phan
• Caio Magalhaes vs. Nick Ring
• Justin Scoggins vs. Richie Vaculik
• Krzysztof Jotko vs. Bruno Santos