Warming up and creating dynamic strength and mobility-with a few concepts learned from The Superhuman Training Event:
1.Tug of Wars-use thicker bands and short rope for combat specific grip/mobility training 2-3x5-10
2. Bear Crawls with a strike-Eric Guttman, one of the presenters at the workshop, recommends pausing at least 30 seconds when you are doing these-much more challenging than the body weight version-2-3x5; pausing 30 seconds
3. Alternating KB Floor Press, both Mike Mahler and Dru Patrick-a great Strongman Coach are the inspiration here-we've added a Combat Specific style of pressing-especially for the Grappler, and added a pause at the top (Dru Patrick for an isometric element)-3x10
4. Pulling-again, combining Mike Mahler's Alternating Row/Hold(Isometric pull),Renengade Rows, and Bent Over Rows done without a pause-go lighter with your Kettlebells/Dumbells to start-this is challenging,
5. A combat specific way to improve whole body as well as leg/hip strength with either a Grappling Dummy, or a partner(make sure they tuck their knees in and keep them in during this lift)-The Bear Hug Squat-20-30
6. A fun and tough way to rev. The metabolism, and get a stronger core-grappling dummy slams!