Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sara McMann
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 am 

It has been a while since i have read anything on Sara. Last i heard it was being said that she signed with Strikeforce. I have also heard that she is having an extremely tough time finding anyone to fight her. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on her and her career so far, where she stands amateur and professional. I really just want someone to step up and fight her, i think her and a couple of the other girls trying to transition to pro are really going to change the world of women's fighting. I can't wait to see the level Sara and a couple of the other girls are going to raise wmma to. Who do you predict/want to see Sara match up with right away and then in the first year of being pro, and what do you think the outcomes will be?
Just saying..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:29 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

She blabbed on her Facebook that she signed with Strikeforce. They denied it. That's their way of saying STFU. Was Sara a great amateur wrestler? Yes. Does that mean that she will be a great MMA fighter? Who the hell knows? And no one will know until she actually fights someone halfway decent. No one can presume anything in this business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 am 

I agree that fighters shouldn't "blab" on Facebook, but that's a different thread in itself. I hope she gets to fight for Strikeforce, that would be awesome.

Don't know why, but I'd love to see her fight Moa Palmer. Just seems like it'd be a really fun one to watch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 pm 

frankp316 wrote:
She blabbed on her Facebook that she signed with Strikeforce.

She mentioned she had a Strikeforce contract. I wouldn't call it blabbing. Your posts are more characteristic of blabbing.

Quote:
They denied it. That's their way of saying STFU.

Actually, what they said was that they'd given her a contract but that she hadn't returned it yet. At least, that's what they told me. But don't let me interrupt your blabbing since you already know everything.

Anyway, she's an incredible athlete. If she's motivated to be the best in the world, there's no stopping her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm 

It's blabbing. She's not the only one to do that and several veteran fighters have said the same thing. Stop blabbing on Facebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:34 pm 

frankp316 wrote:
It's blabbing. She's not the only one to do that and several veteran fighters have said the same thing. Stop blabbing on Facebook.

Why can't you actually support a fighter for a change instead of tearing everyone down and being a dick all the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 pm 

the treelizard strikes from the shadowed bough....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm 

treelizard wrote:
frankp316 wrote:

Why can't you actually support a fighter for a change instead of tearing everyone down and being a dick all the time?

I do but I don't support premature blabbing on Facebook and neither does Strikeforce and lots of other folks. As far as me being a dick, it takes one to know one. The truth is that fans getting overexcited about about any amateur wrestler, kickboxer or boxer before the fighter ever has a pro MMA fight is putting the cart before the horse. Some succeed. Some fail. It is prudent to proceed with caution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:09 pm 

@Vr0d is sitting right next to Sara as we speak at a wrestling tournament. Hopefully she will get some news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm 

Ever think that possbily Strikeforce is slow playing this. Maybe she cost a little more than they anticipated?? Anyway any word on someone stepping up and fighting her, everything i hear is that she has a fight and then the girl backs out, she has a fight and then the girl backs out. I mean i would be scared to fight her as well but someone needs to step up so this poor girl can get her career jump started...........she needs to be in the thick of things, not just for herself, but for the future of this sport.........
Just Saying........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 am 

GHP wrote:
i would be scared to fight her as well but someone needs to step up

I’d wager that Stephanie Webber would be willing to fight her if given the opportunity to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:35 am 

GHP wrote:
Ever think that possbily Strikeforce is slow playing this. Maybe she cost a little more than they anticipated?? Anyway any word on someone stepping up and fighting her, everything i hear is that she has a fight and then the girl backs out, she has a fight and then the girl backs out. I mean i would be scared to fight her as well but someone needs to step up so this poor girl can get her career jump started...........she needs to be in the thick of things, not just for herself, but for the future of this sport.........
Just Saying........

Those were all pre-Strikeforce. They haven't even acknowledged her signing and though she might be a priority to you, you're living in a bubble if you think she's a priority to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 am 

Sara just posted this on FB:

Sara McMann
I am looking for a fight in Feb. if anyone knows of a promotion that can secure a 135lb. opponent. I can fight pro or ammy since I haven't gone pro yet... just looking for more experience :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 am 

Strikeforce are brutal is they have left her hanging because she talked to soon

If that was the case i can think of a certain UK WW who would never get a fight :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 am 

They treat all fighters like that. Look at that guy who was signed a year ago and he was complaining that they still haven't done anything with him yet. Anyone who thinks that an Olympic medalist will get preferential treatment is dreaming. Hell, they have Shayna Bazsler under contract sitting around doing nothing and Sarah Kaufman is getting restless. And no opponents for Cris Cyborg. This is SOB for Strikeforce.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]