Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:06 am 

judoka27 wrote:
The ref stopped the fight. Dalelio then protested saying she did not tap. Apparently, according to the rules, what occurred is something they call a "verbal tap" (if you scream as if in pain during grappling, it is considered the same as tapping out).

Sarah admitted she verbally reacted (for want of better phrase) to the
armbar in post fight interview so not sure what grounds she had for
protesting...

Thoughts anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

[quote="Adam_MMA"] Sarah admitted she verbally reacted (for want of better phrase) to the
armbar in post fight interview so not sure what grounds she had for
protesting... [/quote]

That depends on what she said.

[quote="Adam_MMA"] Thoughts anyone? [/quote]

I didnt see DAlelio tap and as far as Im concerned the referee ought to be keelhauled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:35 am 

I was impressed. I love the potential style matchup between her and Cyborg. Can she take Cyborg down and tap her or can Cyborg push her off and put a hole through her face? The 145 lb division is very weak so I think we can see this fight sooner then later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 am 

Care to elaborate?

I watched your video link and I suppose it does appear as if ref is reacting
to what Rousey said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:33 pm 

Adam_MMA wrote:
I suppose it does appear as if ref is reacting
to what Rousey said.

Well, then, what more need be said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:43 pm 

Adam_MMA wrote:
oslooskar wrote:
... it does appear as if ref is reacting
to what Rousey said.

It indeed seems that is what in fact occurred - ref stopped the fight because Rousey told him so?!?. Meaning, ref himself did NOT hear D'Alelio "scream".

That I find problematic.

On the other hand D'Alelio later admitted her self that she did not say "tap tap" but "aaaaarrhghhh" (or something to that effect)....

Last edited by judoka27 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 pm 

The referee is controversial and has been criticized many times.
MMA doesn't need more controversy.
He is finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm 

I'd be interested to learn what was said to D'Alelio by what I assume was a
promotion official who entered the cage immediately afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:52 pm 

Scott Coker comments on the ending of the fight:

"In watching the replay, I think it was very clear that she was actually being very respectful to her opponent," Coker said. "The next step would have been what? To lock down and really torque it out and maybe injured her?

"If you look at the referee stoppage, it was a verbal tap. What was the next outcome? The next outcome was Sarah would have had a serious injury."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:27 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
I was impressed. I love the potential style matchup between her and Cyborg. Can she take Cyborg down and tap her or can Cyborg push her off and put a hole through her face?

After reviewing the first round of the Cyborg/Baszler fight I am of the opinion that it would be in Cyborg’s best interest to remain on her feet at all times when she is in the cage with Rousey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 pm 

[quote="Cugel"]Scott Coker comments on the ending of the fight:

"In watching the replay, I think it was very clear that she was actually being very respectful to her opponent," Coker said. "The next step would have been what? To lock down and really torque it out and maybe injured her?

"If you look at the referee stoppage, it was a verbal tap. What was the next outcome? The next outcome was Sarah would have had a serious injury."

Coker CYA IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:17 am 

Rousey's mom's blog on arm bars and when to break an arm and when not to break an arm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:26 pm 

Here is a link to what Sarah had to say after the fight. I agree with this 100%. This fight definately did not help the wmma cause at all, which i find very dissapointing. Esspecially after all of the shit talking that Rhonda has been doing, and now saying that she is going to be the face of WMMA, talking a ref. into a submission shouldn't be part of the plan. The whole point of "fighting" should be to knock your opponent out or submit them, not convince the ref that you are better. I still don't really understand why Rousey was fighting D'alelio in the first place, when they are at different weights?
Ronda is obviously very good, but there are a lot of questions that won't be answered until she goes past the first round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 pm 
Pro Fighter

i saw THE fight about five times... That was à very Nice transition to THE armbar... I doubt Sarah would ve escaped from that one, but you never know. Should've been better for both Sarah and ronda that THE ref would ve heard THE verbal tap himself because now there Will always be questions... Love THE real judo Style from roussey by THE way!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5