Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: McMann vs Evinger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:20 pm 

Heard today that Evingers opponent for the 29th has backed out and that today just 9 days out Sara McMann has stepped up and taken the challenge. I can't wait as these two have met before in the wrestling world. Also Evinger has been on the big cards and has fought some big names so we will get to see just where McMann stands!
Frank still sucks.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:34 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

Cool. What's the venue? Is there gonna be a live stream?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm 

Anyone have any predictions or any input on this fight. Shpuld be the first real big test for McMann. It also kind of throws a kink in Tonyas normal game plan since I don't really see her taking Sara down.

Obviously I would love to hear what others think.
Obviously Frank still sucks......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm 

I am more concerned about the 9 days notice for Tonya's sake. If Tonya has been training, ongoing, then I would say that she has the advantage.

If not, I think her cardio will be huge issue and Sara will win via submission....just a guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm 

[quote="JDawg"]Cool. What's the venue? Is there gonna be a live stream?[/quote]

It's on HDNet. The venue is the Kansas City Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 am 

so awesome that Tonya stepped up to the plate. I'm an instant fan of hers, and this should be awsome. Tonya has top level experience and a wrestling background and Sara is... Sara. I hope this fight gets good coverage because they are both top competitors in wmma.

Sara via gnp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am 

DirtyDel wrote:
I hope this fight gets good coverage because they are both top competitors in wmma.

You’re jumping the gun! Sara McMann isn't a top competitor in WMMA at this point in time because she hasn’t fought any of the top ranked fighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm 

You are in denial and ia m not talking about a river in Africa if you honestly think that Sara is not a top contendor. She has already shown it defeating some of the top girls in grappling, including taint, bayzler and bird. I would say that mcmann is way more of a contendor than evinger. I doubt evinger is looking forward to this fight with her usual gameplan. Also I would say that mcmann is definately the one that stepped up for this fight considering she took it on 9 days notice when evinger had been training for a fight on this date for a while.
Yup, frank still sucks.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm 

[quote="GHP"]You are in denial and ia m not talking about a river in Africa if you honestly think that Sara is not a top contendor. [/quote]

And you’re insane, and I am not talking about the river that flows through Paris, if you think Sara McMann is a top competitor in WMMA at this point in her career.

[quote="GHP"] She has already shown it defeating some of the top girls in grappling, including taint, bayzler and bird.[/quote]

The lady caught in the triangle and doing the tapping in this video isn’t Shayna Baszler.

[quote="GHP"] Yup, frank still sucks.......[/quote]

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:30 pm 

We know she got beat by shayna the first time which is what I assume your video is minus the error in your post. Envy is a powerful thing and you will be eating your words soon enough. If you don't think mcmann can contend with coenen, taint, kaufman, then you are not very intelligent, or just plain don't know anything about the sport. When she got tapped by shayna she was two months in training bjj, a month later she beat shayna and bird in the process of winning a World title. Also the same day shaynba tapped her she beat taint pretty easily and obviously she is a contendor being she has a title fight coming up.
Just saying.......
Frank sucks.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:50 am 

GFC wrote:
Actually, Sara was on the bubble in terms of breaking top 10 already. And since Tonya is now #9 a win would definitely solidify her being ranked and a top contender...so, no need to quibble

It’s not a matter of quibbling as you very well know; it’s a matter of keeping the record straight. That having been said, I do agree with you that once Sara McMann fights Tonya Evinger she can be classified as a top competitor in WMMA.

GHP wrote:
If you don't think mcmann can contend with coenen, taint, kaufman, then you are not very intelligent, or just plain don't know anything about the sport.

Are you being deliberately stupid or do you just have a problem with reading comprehension? Where did I ever say that Sara McMann could not compete with Marloes Coenen or any of the other top ranked competitors in WMMA?

GHP wrote:
you will be eating your words soon enough.

And what words might those be? Please be specific.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:29 am 

You are the one calling me stupid and you can't see that by saying she is not a top contendor/competitor in wmma you don't think she can compete with coenen etc....... You can't have it both ways either you think she can hang with those girls thus being one of the top competitors/contendors or you don't think she can thus not being a top competitor/contendor. You are contradicting yourself while calling me an idiot. Lay off the name calling until you make up your mind. I was asking for predictions, noit people getting butt hurt that McMann is finally getting the opponents and fights/attention she should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:59 pm 

Kyra Gracie once tapped Megumi Fujii at the ADCC, does this make her a top MMA fighter as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:24 am 

GHP wrote:
You are contradicting yourself while calling me an idiot.

There is no contradiction in what I said and I did not call you an idiot; though I was greatly tempted to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:02 am 

Gracie is not pursuing an mma career so no it does not. You either think McMann can hang with the top girls or you don't, but it makes no sense to say that she can and then say she is not a top competitor.

Latest facebook from Tonya is her back pedaling trying to make up excuses to not fight. It looks like the boogyman could be back again. Personally I just think that Tonya is still scared of sara from old wrestling competitions and wanted a little media attention again so she took the fight with no intentions of actually stepping in the cage with Sara.

You are ranked 9th in the world Tonya for crying out loud step up and do what you said you would.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next