Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:44 am 

GHP wrote:
Gracie is not pursuing an mma career so no it does not. You either think McMann can hang with the top girls or you don't, but it makes no sense to say that she can and then say she is not a top competitor.

I think what people are trying really hard to explain to you is that a fighter cannot be considered to be within the top ten of a weight division until they have fought and beaten someone who already is ranked within the top ten of this weight division.

The reason why I referenced Kyra Gracie as an example is that you opened that particular door when you mentioned Sara McMann's past wrestling career.

It may well turn out that Sara will ultimately be ranked as #1 but until she steps in with top competition no-one will know for sure.

Someone help me out here; am I in any way making myself unclear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Actually if this moronic slurper would STFU and pay attention for a change, she would know that Kyra Gracie is talking to both One FC and Strikeforce and could make her MMA debut as early as this Nov. Anyone with sense knows that what happens in amateur grappling competitions like ADCC doesn't mean anything in pro MMA. The one day tournament format doesn't translate. Megumi Fujii has also lost to Felicia Oh in the ADCC and Felicia will never turn pro because she only likes grappling. MMA is multi dimensional. The grappling ace has to learn judo, jiu jitsu, Muay Thai and boxing. My suggestion to you is stop wasting your time trying to talk sense to a slurper with blinders on. She's not objective and she's very childish about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 am 

frankp316 wrote:
Kyra Gracie is talking to both One FC and Strikeforce and could make her MMA debut as early as this Nov.

Be interesting if this is true. However as I think you said in your blog on the subject - will believe it when she steps in the cage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:21 pm 

GHP wrote:
Gracie is not pursuing an mma career so no it does not. You either think McMann can hang with the top girls or you don't, but it makes no sense to say that she can and then say she is not a top competitor.

Latest facebook from Tonya is her back pedaling trying to make up excuses to not fight. It looks like the boogyman could be back again. Personally I just think that Tonya is still scared of sara from old wrestling competitions and wanted a little media attention again so she took the fight with no intentions of actually stepping in the cage with Sara.

You are ranked 9th in the world Tonya for crying out loud step up and do what you said you would.

The fight was off this afternoon but is now back on. But not because of this baloney. The fight will be at 140 because Sara refused to drop to 135. So Titan made promises to Tonya so she would accept the fight at 140. When they started jerking her around about what was promised, she told them to take a hike. I assume they had to back up a cash filled armoured car in front of her house to change her mind. Beware of shady promoters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 am 

First of all i completely understand what you are saying about not being ranked in the top ten until you have beaten someone in the top ten. However, Rousey is now ranked in the top ten and has not beaten anyone of any more significance than McMann. All i was saying is that you can't claim that she can hang with the top girls and then say that she is not a top competitor, it contradicts itself. As for the ADCC competitions translating, i did not say that her grappling competitions mean she is automatically going to mean success, i was just pointing out that she has hung with or defeated girls in the areas of their strengths, thus if she has any type of skill on her feet she is going to be dangerous.

As for Tonya and Sara's fight, I am actually in agreement with Frank for once i will believe she is getting in the cage when i actually see her in it. She is known for her little games and shady antics. I actually really doubt that it was anything the promoter did at all. From what i understand she already signed a contract before trying to back out and there were going to be actions taken against her so she really didn't have much of a choice. She had been training for a fight on this date for months, it isn't as though she just all of a sudden was going to be fighting in 9 days. McMann had been preparing for a fight in late August and actually did take the fight on 9 days notice, which i am assuming is why the weight will be 140 instead of 135. Either way its time to quit whining and complaining and pointing fingers. You said you would fight, now fight. You said you needed the money and love to fight, the last time i checked whatever pay out you are getting is more than nothing at all. It actually wouldn't surprise me if you are getting paid more than McMann.
Frank still sucks..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:10 am 

Don't twist things around to suit yourself. The problem started when Sara wouldn't drop to 135. That's Monte Cox taking a page out of Gary Shaw's Gina Carano playbook. Shaw pulled that on Tonya. So that gave her leverage with Titan. But they tried to screw around with her. Tonya should get paid more to accept 140. But there were other things promised and Titan tried to back out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:16 am 

Trying to screw with someone and trying to drop that much weight in 9 days are two completely different things. I am going out on a limb and guessing that you know a ton about cutting weight, but sucking yourself out before fighting your biggest fight to date would be just plain dumb. If she didn't want to fight at 140 then she shouldn't have accepted the fight. If you are so much in the know why don't you enlighten the rest of us on what other things were promised to her that she wasn't getting.
Frank still sucks.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 am 

GHP wrote:
All i was saying is that you can't claim that she can hang with the top girls and then say that she is not a top competitor, it contradicts itself.

Where, exactly, is the contradiction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:05 am 

GHP wrote:
Trying to screw with someone and trying to drop that much weight in 9 days are two completely different things. I am going out on a limb and guessing that you know a ton about cutting weight, but sucking yourself out before fighting your biggest fight to date would be just plain dumb. If she didn't want to fight at 140 then she shouldn't have accepted the fight. If you are so much in the know why don't you enlighten the rest of us on what other things were promised to her that she wasn't getting.
Frank still sucks.......

But I thought Sara was superhuman and can do anything. What a load of crap. It's the same BS Gary Shaw pulled on Tonya with Gina Carano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am 

In what way is it a load of crap? If Tonya doesn't want to fight at that weight then she shouldn't have taken the fight. Nine days notice to make 135 when she competed in the olympics at 138 is a little bit of a push. You have to remember what kind of body fat Sara is walking around with, it is not the same as most of these other girls you are used to watching. For instance Rousey could probably make a pretty good cut nine days before a fight with the amount of body fat she walks around with. This fight obviously has some unusual situations behind it in that it is on such short notice. My point is that if you accept a fight and sign a contract, then shut up and fight, if you complain and whine it just makes it look like you have cold feet. If there are a bunch of lies or other problems then tell everyone exactly what they are so they don't get involved with a bad promotion, otherwise it just looks like you are lieing and being a baby about things, again, not wanting to fight anymore. Personally this ranks right up there with one of the top matches that i have wanted to see, being i have a wrestling background, i have seen both of these girls compete before. This should be a very intense fight.

Okay lets try this again. If you say that she is not a top competitor then you contradict yourself when you say that she can hang with the best girls in the world right now. If she can hang with the best girls in the world right now that would make her a top competitor. If she can't hang with the best girls right now she is not a top competitor. Thus, by you having said both of these things you contradict yourself. I really have no idea how you don't understand this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm 

GHP wrote:
In what way is it a load of crap? If Tonya doesn't want to fight at that weight then she shouldn't have taken the fight. Nine days notice to make 135 when she competed in the olympics at 138 is a little bit of a push. You have to remember what kind of body fat Sara is walking around with, it is not the same as most of these other girls you are used to watching. For instance Rousey could probably make a pretty good cut nine days before a fight with the amount of body fat she walks around with. This fight obviously has some unusual situations behind it in that it is on such short notice. My point is that if you accept a fight and sign a contract, then shut up and fight, if you complain and whine it just makes it look like you have cold feet. If there are a bunch of lies or other problems then tell everyone exactly what they are so they don't get involved with a bad promotion, otherwise it just looks like you are lieing and being a baby about things, again, not wanting to fight anymore. Personally this ranks right up there with one of the top matches that i have wanted to see, being i have a wrestling background, i have seen both of these girls compete before. This should be a very intense fight.

Okay lets try this again. If you say that she is not a top competitor then you contradict yourself when you say that she can hang with the best girls in the world right now. If she can hang with the best girls in the world right now that would make her a top competitor. If she can't hang with the best girls right now she is not a top competitor. Thus, by you having said both of these things you contradict yourself. I really have no idea how you don't understand this.

Tonya accepted the fight because she wanted to squeeze every cent she could out of Titan. She has succeeded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 pm 

Adam, i agree with you, i understand completely what you are saying. She does not deserve to be ranked in the top 10 yet, and it has not been proven that she is in that caliber yet. I was just trying to point out that oskaloos was trying to paint it both ways, if you think she can hang with the best girls in the world right now, then it would be only natural to think that she is a top competitor right now. Does that not make sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm 

i dont get how rhonda can be considered in rankings and yet sara cant...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm 

GHP wrote:
If you say that she is not a top competitor then you contradict yourself when you say that she can hang with the best girls in the world right now.

Au contraire, there is absolutely no contradiction in what I said. The belief that a particular individual has the necessary skills to be a top competitor, or hang with the best girls in the sport, does not make that person a top competitor.

GHP wrote:
If she can hang with the best girls in the world right now that would make her a top competitor.

NO IT WOULD NOT! In order for her to be considered a top competitor she must compete at the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 am 

You are rediculous.....
This has turned into a stupid argument.

Does anyone have predictions on this fight? Also does anyone have background on these two competing against one another. I am goign to try and dig out some old wrestling results. Also still waiting on Frank to enlighten us as to what exactly this "shady" promotion was doing that was causing Tonya to back out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next