Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:24 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

She was never gonna back out. She was just pissed at the promoter and told them to take a hike. It took a couple of hours to straighten it out. Of course they'll blame her which is baloney. That should have been obvious even to an idiot like you. But instead you came up with this crap.

Latest facebook from Tonya is her back pedaling trying to make up excuses to not fight. It looks like the boogyman could be back again. Personally I just think that Tonya is still scared of sara from old wrestling competitions and wanted a little media attention again so she took the fight with no intentions of actually stepping in the cage with Sara.

There's something wrong with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 pm 

"update on the fight is, they r unwilling to negotiate on my terms rite now which is kinda rediculous whaen they dropped the ball..it would suck not to fight but with the increase in ticket sales from me fighting on the card it would really not take nething outta their pockets.."

"hold off on buying ur tickets for my fight for titan, i just might be out due to lies and lies from the whole promotion..well c but they have less than a week to make good or im out.."

I posted that AFTER she tried backing out, as i stated in my previous post. Mostly just hoping that she would read it and if she was getting cold feet would get pissed enough to not. Not sure if it worked or not but i definately got mentioned in her next facebook status so i did something right.

Both of these posts were by Tonya on July 23rd, the contract was signed on the 20th. Last time i checked when you sign a contract it has the pay on it, what is there to negotiate then? She was either trying to mess with Sara, getting cold feet, or getting a little money hungry even though she already signed the contract. In my humble opinion this isn't the promotion it is Tonya's typical antics. The only respect i have for her is that she is actually taking this fight, watching her on youtube and hearing people talk about her antics in the past makes me think that she has some serious issues and is probably not good for wmma in the first place. Now reality tv could possibly be the place for her...............haha.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:07 pm 

P.S. I think we all know that i am thickheaded, dumb question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm 

McMann won by unanimous decision 30-27, 30-27, 30-27. Easily took her down atleast 5 times. Looked just a little stiff on her feet, but stayed smart the whole fight. Congratulations Sara!!! Thank you Tonya for taking the fight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 pm 

Can we all agree that Sara McMann is a top ranked fighter...just for GHP. :p

PS - Was the fight good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 am 

McMann may know how to wrestle, but the rest of her game needs a lot of work. And she pretty much admitted that before she is ready to take on higher level fighters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:53 pm 

Adam_MMA wrote:
Can we all agree that Sara McMann is a top ranked fighter...just for GHP. :p

PS - Was the fight good?

It wasn't horrible but not very exciting. It mostly consisted of McMann smothering Evinger on the ground, trying to get the mount for the GnP. Tonya gave Sara a bloody nose. To be honest, Sara didn't really live up to all the hype in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I think she's great and she'll no doubt get better but right now, someone like Amanda Nunes would have her for breakfast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:39 pm 

Okay, i am going to be as objective as i can be, since i just can't help but slurp slurp slurp. Sara obviously has some work to do and that was the first thing she said in her post fight interview, we really didn't get to see what she is capable of on her feet except for what we all already know she can do, and that is take people down at will. She wasn't able to pass gaurd like i thought she would be able to but she was never really in any danger, other than the split second kimora which she pulled out of right away. It looked as though she stayed in her comfort zone, but in doing so she completely dominated every aspect of the fight. She took Tonya down 7 times, and in all the footage i have seen of Tonya she has been the one taking people down. Tonya kept throwing out the excuse that she is cutting down, but everyone of Tonya's fights so far has been at 135 or up, she fought Gina at 145 and did pretty well before being submitted. The bloody nose came from a nice elbow from bottom, but that is hardly a fight stopper, or anything that is going to keep someone from fighting. I would say that after fighting three five minute rounds only getting a bloody nose is not bad.

First of all i don't really see how someone like Amanda Nunes is going to eat her for breakfast, considering McMann really hasn't shown any weak spots, if she has please point them out. Second of all Nunes is at 145 anyway so Sara does not have to worry about her. I really feel like Sara is coming along nicely, it is going to take time for her to feel completely comfortable and she is obviously always going to realy on her wrestling. Tonight there is a Strikeforce title fight with Meisha Taint and Coenen, i really honestly believe that McMann could go with Taint right now. "the Takedown" would have a hard time controlling McMann and i don't see her getting any takedowns. Ultimately only time will tell and i obviously have Sara McMann goggles on cause i can't help slurp away, but lastnight was definately a step in the right direction, with Tonya having fought in the biggest fights possible, and even up a weigth from where she was lastnight, it was unbelievable experience and opportunity and i can't wait for what is yet to come.
P.S. Frank,
I really miss you please come back to the forum and answer my last posts.
Your friend,
GHP

P.P.S. you still suck.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm 

Please lord please, let Miesha Taint and Sara Mcmann fight someday........please lord please............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:34 pm 

Actually, I believe Nunes has announced that she's moving to 135. Unless that's changed... I'm just saying, she has more knockout power and better bjj than Evinger IMO...Sara did a good job, but the way you talk about her, I thought the fight wouldn't last 30 seconds...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm 

hahaha well duh, i do talk about her like she is the second coming of christ but that is because i am such a big fan...........i just think she is such a force, and after watching Miesha and Marloes tonight i only believe this even more, considering that Miesha just won off of bjj and wrestling and Sara absolutely dominated her in these positions that there is some really big things to come. Like i said, Sara really hasnt shown any weaknesses yet......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:48 pm 

GHP wrote:
she fought Gina at 145

I'm pretty sure that fight was at 140.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 am 

GHP wrote:
Like i said, Sara really hasnt shown any weaknesses yet......

You're blind.....

Last edited by sbasrof on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 am 

Daveman wrote:
Actually, I believe Nunes has announced that she's moving to 135. Unless that's changed... I'm just saying, she has more knockout power and better bjj than Evinger IMO...Sara did a good job, but the way you talk about her, I thought the fight wouldn't last 30 seconds...haha

Yea Amanda is at 135 lbs now. She will be fighting on the Sept 23rd card or in Nov. It depends who they can find to fight her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

ChrisV wrote:
Yea Amanda is at 135 lbs now. She will be fighting on the Sept 23rd card or in Nov. It depends who they can find to fight her.

That shouldn’t be too difficult if they’re willing to pay Roxanne Modafferi’s airfare.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next