Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 pm 

McMann by submission at 2:53 of the 3rd round.
Great fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 pm 

Awesome fight, definately gave the fans what they wanted. Sara showed that she isn't scared to stand and throw down and had some amazing body lock takedowns/throws. Definately showing that she is growing as a fighter. I am sure that there are going to be others who pick this fight apart, but obviously as we all know i am a little bias. Either way i would say that this is a definate step forward for what wmma needs, an exciting fight!!!! Props to Raquel she is a tough competitor...............whats everyone else think? And i hate to say it but where has Frank been?
P.S. Frank still sucks........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 am 

Thank you.

Enjoyable fight! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 am 

Good fight. I applaud Sara trying some stand up. She was good but she shouldn't try that with a good kickboxer, at least not yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:09 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

Here’s the Sara McMann vs. Tonya Evinger fight. I’m really surprised that GHP didn’t post it earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 am 

Good fight. Sara controlled it throughout. That said, Raquel is one hell of a warrior. She is tough! Id like to see her fight often.

Nice seeing Sara engage standing. IMHO, she is more advanced standing that Rhonda is at this point.

Great job Sara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm 

BrianNYC wrote:
Sara controlled it throughout. ... IMHO, she is more advanced standing that Rhonda is at this point. Great job Sara.

What exactly do you base that opinion on?

You can't compare McMann's striking to Rousey's because ,... well .... because you've never seen Rousey's striking.

The fact of the matter is that NOBODY knows how good (or bad for that matter) Rousey's stand up is because NOBODY has seen it yet. And NOBODY has seen it yet because NO opponent has managed to remain standing after first clinch with Rousey.

Frankly at this point part of the fun in watching Rousey is to see who will be the first fighter to survive the 1st minute (let alone the 1st round). Or who will be the first fighter to take Rousey out of her comfort zone (judo) and force her into a striking excahange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 am 

It is true that no one knows about her striking for sure other than her trainers, we probably would have found out more if it werent for the bs stoppage in her last fight. I will say this though, there is no way she takes McMann down, so that could be just the person to force her to strike, however they are at two different weight classes and there is no incentive for Sara to go up right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am 

Too funny. Im basing my opinion on exactly that.... we havent seen Rhonda's standup other than a few punches that allow her to get clinch. And based on those punches, I would say Sara is better.

Simple as that. An opinion from a Rhonda and Sara fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 am 

At this point Sara M is a much more proven prospect. I myself am not going to put any expectations on Ronda until she takes a few punches. I liked seeing Sara M take a few good shots to the face and keep fighting aggressivley. Also when Ronda pushed Sarah D into the clinch against the fence, her head was awful low in my opinion. I think if she gave Cyborg that chance she would get her head kneed off. Both great fighters but too much is still unknown with Ronda to say she is the next great 145er.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]