Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

judoka27 wrote:
a freakish physical specimen such as Cyborg Santos may also be successful in keeping a fight with Rousey standing.

Maybe, maybe not. I do remember Cyborg having a rather difficult time on the mat with Shayna Baszler in the first round of their fight back in 2008. Unfortunately, for Baszler, the three minute rounds in that fight worked to the advantage of her opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:27 pm 

oslooskar wrote:
judoka27 wrote:
a freakish physical specimen such as Cyborg Santos may also be successful in keeping a fight with Rousey standing.

Maybe, maybe not. I do remember Cyborg having a rather difficult time on the mat with Shayna Baszler in the first round of their fight back in 2008. Unfortunately, for Baszler, the three minute rounds in that fight worked to the advantage of her opponent.

I agree with you. Even in the Carano fight Cyborg found herself in positions on the ground which grappler of Rousey's caliber would certainly capitalize on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43 pm 

[quote="GFC"][quote="TheTruth"][quote="oslooskar"]I wonder what Cyborg is thinking.:shock:

She is probably thinking if this girl is so ready for a title shot why doesn't she stay at 145 and fight me for my title instead of cutting down to 2
135 to fight the 135 champion?[/quote]

Perhaps, although Cyborg's next fight is already slated. So to go after Miesha first in the meantime makes sense, plus Miesha showed a particular interest in Ronda first, which Cyborg has not yet...and wanting Sarah first for the title shot also makes sense because she needs to earn it and adjust to 135. Sarah's camp may not want to take that risk but we shall see. It is getting more interesting tho..[/quote]

So her newfound willingness to fight at 135 has nothing at all to do avoiding Cyborg or shopping for a belt to put around her waist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 am 

TheTruth wrote:
So her newfound willingness to fight at 135 has nothing at all to do avoiding Cyborg or shopping for a belt to put around her waist.

Okay, Mr. Cynical, in your very own words, why don’t you explain to us why you feel Ronda Rousey, a fighter who eats kick boxers for breakfast, would want to duck Cristiane Cyborg Santos and lose out on a BIG payday?

Personally, I think fighting Kaufman and Tate is an excellent idea. In that way Rousey would get more exposure, and more experience before fighting Cyborg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 am 

Kaufman would be interesting. It seems to be the majority opinion that one
of her main strengths is her takedown defence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:45 am 

[quote="TheTruth"]So her newfound willingness to fight at 135 has nothing at all to do avoiding Cyborg or shopping for a belt to put around her waist.[/quote]
Naaah .... Cyborg is coming down to 135 too... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 am 

judoka27 wrote:

In view of the fact that Cyborg has difficulty making weight at 145 pounds I would not allow myself to be too optimistic about her dropping down to 135.

Besides, even if she did make that weight she’d look like a fricken scarecrow. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm 

[quote="TheTruth"]So her newfound willingness to fight at 135 has nothing at all to do avoiding Cyborg or shopping for a belt to put around her waist.[/quote]

... and now the real answer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:24 pm 

[quote="judoka27"][quote="TheTruth"]So her newfound willingness to fight at 135 has nothing at all to do avoiding Cyborg or shopping for a belt to put around her waist.[/quote]

... and now the real answer:

.[/quote]

Well that pretty much sums it up! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 am 

oslooskar wrote:
judoka27 wrote:

In view of the fact that Cyborg has difficulty making weight at 145 pounds I would not allow myself to be too optimistic about her dropping down to 135.

Besides, even if she did make that weight she’d look like a fricken scarecrow. :(

Exactly, if she can't make 135 and Everybody they sign to fight at 145 cuts to 135, where does this leave Cyborg? Without another fight for who knows how long. At this point it might be in her best interest to leave MMA and take the job at TNA or start herself a pro Muay Thai career.