It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:41 pm 

WOW!

Big win for Holly. Congrats :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:06 pm 

Any event promoted by Fresquez Productions should be viewed with strong skepticism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:20 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:00 pm 

I saw the video before it was taken down and I must say the fight looked more like a kickboxing match than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 am 

Looking over Holly Holm’s boxing record I see that she has had 34 fights, 30 wins, one loss, and 3 draws. Curiously, it should be noted that Holm has only fought outside of New Mexico three times in her career as a boxer and two of those three matches, away from her home turf, ended in draws. Therefore, I can’t help but wonder if Cecilia Brækhus will insist on their coming showdown being held on neutral terra firma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:40 pm 

oslooskar wrote:
Looking over Holly Holm’s boxing record I see that she has had 34 fights, 30 wins, one loss, and 3 draws. Curiously, it should be noted that Holm has only fought outside of New Mexico three times in her career as a boxer and two of those three matches, away from her home turf, ended in draws. Therefore, I can’t help but wonder if Cecilia Brækhus will insist on their coming showdown being held on neutral terra firma.

Won’t happen.

Holm is the most protected professional boxer, male or female. She fights almost exclusively on Fresquez Productions cards. She has been awarded decisions that were questionable (Myriam Lamare in 2009) and enjoys her substantial hometown advantage. The few times she has fought outside of Albuquerque have resulted in draws.

Holm is scheduled to fight France’s 5’11’’ Anne Sophie Mathis (24-1-0, 21 KOs) this December in – Albuquerque. This is a mistake by Mathis because she can’t win by decision in Holm’s backyard and Holm can avoid a KO with ring movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 pm 

JBox wrote:
Holm can avoid a KO with ring movement.

Hypothetically speaking that is correct, JBox. However, it should be noted that 21 of Mathis’s previous 24 opponents failed to do so. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 pm 

I watched the fight as well, and was actually pretty impressed with Holly. Didn't really get to see what she can do as far as takedowns and takedown defense or on the ground, but she showed that she definately knows how to keep people at the end of her jab. Although Finney doesn't have a very good record she has faced probably more tough opponents than anyone, pretty much having seen most of the top girls. Is Holly looking to switch over to mma full time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 pm 

[quote="GHP"] she showed that she definately knows how to keep people at the end of her jab. [/quote]

But is she going to know how to keep Anne Sophie Mathis on the end of her jab? Seriously, consider the long reach of Mathis and the devastating pinpoint accuracy of her punches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:53 am 

I could careless about womens boxing and what she can do in that sport. I am talking womens mma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:06 am 

GHP wrote:
I could careless about womens boxing

Okay, so you do care about women’s boxing--------albeit very little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm 

Sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:13 pm 

[quote="oslooskar"][quote="GHP"] she showed that she definately knows how to keep people at the end of her jab. [/quote]

But is she going to know how to keep Anne Sophie Mathis on the end of her jab? Seriously, consider the long reach of Mathis and the devastating pinpoint accuracy of her punches.

In this fight, Mathis and Lamare were gassed, Lamare more than Mathis.

The Holm-Mathis fight with not look anything like this. Mathis will chase Holm the entire fight. Holm will make a little contact and win the decision. It’s happened before in Albuquerque and will happen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 am 

[quote="JBox"][quote="oslooskar"][quote="GHP"] she showed that she definately knows how to keep people at the end of her jab. [/quote]

The Holm-Mathis fight with not look anything like this. Mathis will chase Holm the entire fight. Holm will make a little contact and win the decision. It’s happened before in Albuquerque and will happen again.[/quote]
The officials have been announced for the Holm-Mathis fight and, as expected, they heavily favor Holm. The officials are either New Mexico-based or have worked Holm fights before. With this line-up, Holm can avoid contact and win the decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:27 am 

[quote="JBox"][quote="JBox"][quote="oslooskar"][quote="GHP"] she showed that she definately knows how to keep people at the end of her jab. [/quote]

The Holm-Mathis fight with not look anything like this. Mathis will chase Holm the entire fight. Holm will make a little contact and win the decision. It’s happened before in Albuquerque and will happen again.[/quote]
The officials have been announced for the Holm-Mathis fight and, as expected, they heavily favor Holm. The officials are either New Mexico-based or have worked Holm fights before. With this line-up, Holm can avoid contact and win the decision.[/quote]

Holm was unable to avoid contact with Mathis and paid the price.
Mathis knocked down Holm in the sixth round and knocked her out in the seventh.
I'm happy to see the result of this contest taken from the hands of the judges. Officiating of Holm fights has been questionable at best.

It will be interesting to see if Holm's promoter makes the fight video available for viewing.