Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:05 pm 

A tough Alexis Davis wins after mounting Nunes in the second round and letting loose with ground and pound at Strikeforce World GP in Cincinnati OH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Alexis Davis used to be good; now she’s great! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:05 am 

Amanda didn't look as impressive as she did in her earlier bouts. Maybe she should go back to 145. Or maybe Davis is just that tough. She took some hard shots and kept moving forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:18 am 

Whoever posted earlier that a girl like Amanda Nunes would eat Sara McMann alive needs to do some serious re evaluating.
Not impressed.......... At all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:10 pm 

GHP wrote:
Whoever posted earlier that a girl like Amanda Nunes would eat Sara McMann alive needs to do some serious re evaluating.
Not impressed.......... At all

That was me, and yes I have done some re-evaluating. However, I'm not convinced that McMann is the second coming of Jesus Christ just yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:46 am 

You don't have to think she is as good as I do. But I think we can all agree that she is on the same level as amanda nunes and alexis davis. That comment about amanda nunes eating her for breakfast just sounds rediculous now. The one thing that really stuck out to me about amanda was how horrible her conditioning was, evidently she was planning on another quick knock out. Alexis once again showed that she can take a punch and keep on coming. Both showed that their takedown offense and defense need a lot of work as well. Overall it was a very entertaining fight and I can't wait to these two in action again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am 

Amanda looked better at 145. Maybe it was the weight cut. Her conditioning was not up to par. I wasn't particularly impressed with McMann's bout with Evinger, but she did look good in her last fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:11 am 

I completely agree! I think she stayed a little too conservative with Tonya, might have had something to do with the short notice or just Tonyas experience. You think the cut is what caused amanda to gas, or did she just not put in the work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm 

Hard to say. I'd like to assume she's dedicated. She'll be back, hopefully stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 am 

Alexis is/was very underrated. Her record and her competition is excellent. She should be a bigger name in the sport. Maybe now, she is after beating one of the "hot" names in MMA.

Good fight Alexis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:20 pm 

Quote:
Amanda looked better at 145. Maybe it was the weight cut. Her conditioning was not up to par. I wasn't particularly impressed with McMann's bout with Evinger, but she did look good in her last fight.

I do think that Nunes gassed out, not because of her conditioning, but because of her fighting style. You can't sprint a mile, so it would be interesting if Nunes used a more calculated style...check it off due to lack of experience, perhaps.

On another note, the McMann vs Evinger fight was really wierd to me. Evinger seemed to use her experience really well, but I didn't really understand her game plan of throwing so many spinning kicks and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 am 

I definately agree that it was weird. Evinger did an amazing job of slowing McMann down on the mat, pretty much keeping her from passing the whole time. I just didn't understand why she was content to do that, never attempting a sweep or more than one submission of her own? She had to know that this strategy was setting her up to lose? My own opinion for the spinning back kicks and what not is that she had wrestled Sara enough times that she was scared of her strength and was trying to keep her distance, the one time sara rushed her in the third she definately did not want to engage with her at all.

I also agree that if Amanda is going to want to fight that style she is going to need to train differently. I do disagree though that you can't sprint for the whole fight. Light weights show that you can do it all the time.......along with some pretty impressive wmma fights in the last year that were filled with not stop sprinting action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:25 pm 

tisha15 wrote:
Quote:

I do think that Nunes gassed out, not because of her conditioning, but because of her fighting style. You can't sprint a mile, so it would be interesting if Nunes used a more calculated style...check it off due to lack of experience, perhaps.

On another note, the McMann vs Evinger fight was really wierd to me. Evinger seemed to use her experience really well, but I didn't really understand her game plan of throwing so many spinning kicks and such.

Good point. I can see that. Only she and her trainers know for sure. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:20 am 
Pro Fighter

I thought Nunes was a lot bigger, and I thought Amanda had cut to 125 before?

Well, you never know what's going to happen in a fight, or what someone's condition is. I hate judging people by only looking at one fight. It's one day in their lives.

That being said, I can't wait to see them both fight again! congrats to Alexis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:52 am 

Rox21 wrote:
I thought Nunes was a lot bigger, and I thought Amanda had cut to 125 before?

Well, you never know what's going to happen in a fight, or what someone's condition is. I hate judging people by only looking at one fight. It's one day in their lives.

That being said, I can't wait to see them both fight again! congrats to Alexis!

Very wise although I thought Amanda Nunes was going to TKO Davis.
I'm glad I didn't bet on that fight.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next