Home | DEBIPURCELL.COM | SHOP.FIGHTERGIRLS.COM Cart | Contact   
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:00 pm 

BlackEye's fifth event will take place Oct 1st. The event features a massive 20 fights, including 7 female fights, headlined by Roxanne Modafferi vs. Barb Hanchack.

The event will be streaming live (pay-per-view) at 4 beginning at 7 p.m. EST. A portion of all proceeds will go to the charity group "It ain't chemo".

Watch this space for interviews with BlackEye co-promoter Janet Martin and BlackEye fighters, news and updates from the event, and more!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 pm 

Any predictions on this fight? I am assuming it is at 125 even though Roxy has been known to fight 135. Its amazing some of the talent that Blackeye is starting to rope in. With Roxanne and Marloes now fighting for them, and McMann having faught for them already could be some great match ups in the future. This event is also pretty close to where McMann is currently training, wonder if she will be in attendance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:27 pm 
Fightergirls elite poster

GHP wrote:
Any predictions on this fight?

Modafferi! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:41 pm 

Yes, Sara mcmann will be in attendance.

Also, marloes will be making "an announcement". Hmmm....

I spoke to Sara last week and she had lots of praise for BlackEye. Also, Janet Martin spoke very highly of Sara; I will be posting that interview in the next day or so. Neither has told me specifically, but I would not be surprised at all if Marloes vs. Mcmann is announced for February.

I will be posting any news and the results live during the event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am 
Pro Fighter

Yes, 125.

This should be a great event! Please support by streaming the online ppv! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm 

Is Marloes going to be at this event? Its a long ways to fly her just to come and watch some fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:58 pm 

Yes, she will be at the event. I know that they have had other fighters (Rashad Evans) do seminars at the gym, and I've been told that Jessica aguillar and Sarah d'alelio will be there training this week; but I don't know if marloes is doing any of that.

Edit: Jessica and Sarah are there as guests; they have not to my knowledge signed with BlackEye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 am 
Fightergirls elite poster

Good luck Roxy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:12 pm 
Pro Fighter

Does Black Eye have a website? Facebook page? Anything like that? I can't seem to find one.

BTW- Good luck Roxy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 am 

Who is all fighting tonight? And did all make weight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:11 am 

yes, all made weight. here is a link to pictures taken at the public weigh-ins; these are not my pics, they turned out much better than mine

full card:

Roxanne Modafferi vs Barb Honchak
Charmaine Tweet vs Anna Barone
Chelsea Colarelli vs Patricia Vidonic
Ediene Gomes vs Leslie Smith
Amy Davis vs Meghan Wright
Sarah Schneider vs Ivana Coleman
Ashley Cummins vs Angelica Brotherton
Johnny Buck vs Joe Heink
Matthew Tran vs Jason Cortez
Allen Greenway vs Tommy Jones
Vincent Alberico vs Sky Rudloe
Danaea Makemson vs Ashley Greenway
William Bratz vs Dudley Spence
Flyin Ryan Conn vs Jason Faglier Jr.
Kodey Gulley vs Nate Mccall
Leonardo Perez vs Daniel Duge
Jesse Chestnutt vs Chad Hoyle
Malford Jeter Jr. vs Alex Ellis
Doug Bishop vs Dustin Messer

I will be doing a play by play for the 7 pro female fights, live from the event, here on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:03 pm 

Vince Alberico pulls an amazing arm triangle choke frm the bottom after getting immeadiately rocked and planted. Impressive win for his pro debut in just 51 seconds in the first round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:32 pm 

Allen greenway injures his shoulder/elbow early in the 2nd round after an intense battle to give tommy Jones the victory.

More in depth play by play will come when we get to the females. I'm told the attendance right now is 1030, ant they're still coming in. very enthusiastic crowd.

it looks as though Allen forearm is broken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm 

matt tran vs jason cortez

tran controls the distance with jabs. cortez gets a strong takedown. tran brings his legs up for a submission, but cortez posture out. tran looks to finish with a heel hook. cortez steps out tran uses the space to stand but cortez imedeatly gets the take down.

first round ends after cortez controls the round, fighting off trans high gaurd

rd 2 cortez immeadiately gets back control and delivers punishing knees. tran turns in and attempts but fails to get the kimura tran pulls full gaurd and looks to finish the shoulder crank.

ref stand s them up. after brief explosive exchange cortez again gets the takedown but tran is able yo reverse and goes forthe rnc but the round ends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 pm 

rd 3. tran gets the hip toss and controls posistion against the cage. thus far this fight has been a battle for posistion but still exciting. cortez escapes out the back door, but is unable to escape from tran. cortez reverses but falls into trans triangle, tapping out half waythrough round 3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next